PDA

View Full Version : Hans Marseille

Nonato
June 25th, 2010, 16:15
Guys

Anyone knows of a skin or stand alone out there representing the Bf 109 (Chevron 14??) piloted by Hans Marseille?

Thanks

Nonato

wsmwsm
June 25th, 2010, 16:24
Isn't there a skin at Reg's Hanger - Ground Crew - for the Bf109F which represents this aircraft? It's under the suheading "tropical skins". Desert cammo, yellow No. 14, red tail.

Nonato
June 25th, 2010, 16:53
Isn't there a skin at Reg's Hanger - Ground Crew - for the Bf109F which represents this aircraft? It's under the suheading "tropical skins". Desert cammo, yellow No. 14, red tail.

:bump:
Cannot find it in Reg´s...are you sure?

OOOOpppsss FOUND ITTT!!! tHANKS!!

Nonato
June 25th, 2010, 19:18
11309:kilroy:

Two Hurricanes and 4 Tomahawks in minutes!!! But the real guy was much more efficient:kilroy:

ndicki
June 26th, 2010, 09:28
That's a very old one - it's under the original Groundcrew header, so technically at Reg's only because Reg's hosts the old GC stuff - thank goodness!

http://regshanger.com/Groundcrew/homepage/CFS3/aircraft/Me109f/Tropical/Mike%20Wholaver%20Bf%20109F-4-Trop.php

Nonato
June 26th, 2010, 09:36
Hi Nigel

You´re right and thanks for the address (had forgot to mark it).
I was wondering, would you have by any chance made a repaint of this one? Have the time/interest to?:wavey:

Cheers

Nonato

ndicki
June 27th, 2010, 23:09
I imagine it'll be in the pipeline already - the Bf109F that Luca was doing for MAW (I think it was Luca...) has surfaced again, and it'll be well worth the wait. I think John is doing the painting, and you know what that means!

Bravo/4
June 28th, 2010, 08:09
Been sitting on this skin for a few years now, the model is being worked on, so it should be out fairly soon, but might get held back for a pit texture upgrade, depending on my workload?

This shot doesn't really do the model justice!

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/2505/30972640.jpg (http://img638.imageshack.us/i/30972640.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Led Zeppelin
June 28th, 2010, 11:36
I didn't know that Marseille was wearing the RAF uniform, I've learned something this evening :d

Nonato
June 28th, 2010, 12:50
I didn't know that Marseille was wearing the RAF uniform, I've learned something this evening :d

LZ

Some say that Marseille in 1941 was back to Germany on leave when he learned about the concentration camps and all. It seems according to some sources that he was so disappointed that he planned to leave the fight and sought a safe refuge in Italy. The same sources afirm that he was obliged to come back to Africa by force. I really don't know.
Maybe the RAF uniform was not so different from the Luftwaffe by the time of the desert war, was it? BTW I'd like to compare them. Would you have a model of each?:jump:

Cheers

N.

Bravo/4
June 28th, 2010, 13:58
:icon_lol::icon_lol: Just my lazyness, sorry! I'm even flying it in the ETO!!:redf:

ndicki
June 29th, 2010, 10:29
LZ

Some say that Marseille in 1941 was back to Germany on leave when he learned about the concentration camps and all. It seems according to some sources that he was so disappointed that he planned to leave the fight and sought a safe refuge in Italy. The same sources afirm that he was obliged to come back to Africa by force. I really don't know.
Maybe the RAF uniform was not so different from the Luftwaffe by the time of the desert war, was it? BTW I'd like to compare them. Would you have a model of each?:jump:

Cheers

N.

Somewhere, yes. But getting them out is a pain... Basically, there was really very little visible difference between Luft and RAF uniform - both were sand-coloured (unlike the Heer's olive colour, when new) and even of fairly similar cut. For heavy weight clothing, the RAF did not wear blue-grey, but Heavy Duty Dress instead - namely the RAF term for Army khaki battledress. Obviously flying helmets and equipment were different, though.

I've included my own take on the pilot figures for MAW; Milne-Lees is wearing shorts, and looks as though he'd be very useful in a rugby scrum, but otherwise...

ndicki
June 29th, 2010, 10:30
Been sitting on this skin for a few years now, the model is being worked on, so it should be out fairly soon, but might get held back for a pit texture upgrade, depending on my workload?

This shot doesn't really do the model justice!

Oh, I don't know... Looks very nice to me!

Nonato
June 29th, 2010, 10:56
Oh, I don't know... Looks very nice to me!

To me too.

@Nigel: about the uniforms, excellent!! Will have a close look as soon as I arrive home.