PDA

View Full Version : Something different

hey_moe
November 16th, 2008, 04:46
I was messing around in the computer room and was bored and decided to hook up a 60 Plasma TV to my video card and play with FSX. Chet my FPS were better than the triple monitor set up and when flying a jet low I usally get a skip here and there. Any of you guys seen this before and I wonder why FSX would run smoother too. This was also in DX10. Oh yea when da wife came in the room she said you got to be chetting me:costumes: I said hell baby....forget the small screens...I want two mo 60 inch plasma...her response >>> in your dreams punk:wavey:

falcon409
November 16th, 2008, 04:54
Geeeze louise Moe, that's amazing. I've seen some screens in here, taken from 21" monitors that don't look that good. I'll bet the VC view was probably almost full size too, lol:d

Wozza
November 16th, 2008, 05:56
Hi Moe
The fps most likely will be because of the scan rate difference between monitors and TV with Vsysnc on in fsx.also might depend what sort of 3 monitor setup you have as the vid card might have to work a little harder with 3 signals as apposed to 1 big one :)
60ich plasma hay some ppl are so spoiled
Wozza

icarus
November 16th, 2008, 05:59
I said hell baby....forget the small screens...I want two mo 60 inch plasma...her response >>> in your dreams punk

looool :costumes::costumes::d..that's why i am single?

harleyman
November 16th, 2008, 07:14
I am so sorry to hear that you had to resort to a 60 inch...I feel for ya there.......:costumes::costumes:

hey_moe
November 16th, 2008, 07:42
Yeah, Panther is right down the road from me but da miltary has him working da midnight shift...he been getting it for 12 to 14 hours a day/ 7 days a week...bout time he start doing a widdle bit of work instead of post dem nasty pics. I hope I can hook up with him and talk him into coming over for a bit .... let him see what a big screen FSX looks like:wavey:

kilo delta
November 16th, 2008, 10:23
Can't beat big screen tv's:d. I've been running fsx occasionally on both of my 47" LCD tv's @ 1920x1080....just bought a third yesterday after getting carried away on ebay:kilroy:........if the missus gets wind of this then I'll definitely be carried away:isadizzy::costumes:

srgalahad
November 16th, 2008, 11:58
forget the small screens...I want two mo 60 inch plasma...

Forget the big, heavy hot plasma screens Moe.. just hook the video card up to dem glasses of yours and be REALLY 'immersive' :d

hey_moe
November 16th, 2008, 13:01
:costumes::costumes: I hate to admit this....but in the office upstairs, I pull out the second draw and put a pillow on it to prop up my feet, lean back in the high back chair, put the joy stick in my lap, and fly....buds on the desk...whay can I say:d.
Forget the big, heavy hot plasma screens Moe.. just hook the video card up to dem glasses of yours and be REALLY 'immersive' :d

Cazzie
November 16th, 2008, 16:39
I was messing around in the computer room and was bored and decided to hook up a 60 Plasma TV to my video card and play with FSX. Chet my FPS were better than the triple monitor set up and when flying a jet low I usally get a skip here and there. Any of you guys seen this before and I wonder why FSX would run smoother too. This was also in DX10. Oh yea when da wife came in the room she said you got to be chetting me:costumes: I said hell baby....forget the small screens...I want two mo 60 inch plasma...her response >>> in your dreams punk:wavey:

Hey Moe, send us a screenshot in full width before we read about you in the Tidewater obits! :costumes:

That's awesome Mike.

Caz

EgoR64
November 16th, 2008, 17:36
:costumes::costumes: I hate to admit this....but in the office upstairs, I pull out the second draw and put a pillow on it to prop up my feet, lean back in the high back chair, put the joy stick in my lap, and fly....buds on the desk...whay can I say:d.

Priceless !! :applause::ernae::applause: