PDA

View Full Version : CFS3 Intro Movie

schaetzle
June 24th, 2010, 04:26
Hi, there.

After installation of CFS3, when I stARTED THE GAME, the first thing to appear after the picture with the aces was the intro movie. However after having installed ETO, MAW and PTO the intro movie does not start although the movie is not disabled in the configuration file.
I can see the movie with a player since it is an mpg file, however not at hte beginning of thegame.
Does anyone have a solution? Maybe I have to touch a "Tick" inside a configuration file?
Thank you.

Autothrottle
June 24th, 2010, 22:03
To be Honest, I have NEK installed and sometimes the movie works and other times, it goes straight to game without any warning. Even though the Movie icon is checked to be played at the start of the game.

It seems like the many quirks of the game you have to get used to is all.

schaetzle
June 24th, 2010, 22:29
Thank you very much for your explanation, Autothrottle. Now I know the responsible for the strange behaviour of the Intromovie. Thank you for taking the time to answer. Best regards.

oki
June 25th, 2010, 01:16
Hi, there.

After installation of CFS3, when I stARTED THE GAME, the first thing to appear after the picture with the aces was the intro movie. However after having installed ETO, MAW and PTO the intro movie does not start although the movie is not disabled in the configuration file.
I can see the movie with a player since it is an mpg file, however not at hte beginning of thegame.
Does anyone have a solution? Maybe I have to touch a "Tick" inside a configuration file?
Thank you.

the same thing happened with my install, but I never found out why....
as the movie is still available I don't care much, at least you save time when the movie is skipped

schaetzle
June 25th, 2010, 01:47
Happy to know that I was not the only one. I thought that perhaps behind the intromovie glitch some other (and important) failure could be hidden. Anyway we can see the movie when we want.
Thanks for your comments.

Autothrottle
June 25th, 2010, 20:10
Thank you very much for your explanation, Autothrottle. Now I know the responsible for the strange behaviour of the Intromovie. Thank you for taking the time to answer. Best regards.

No problem

CrisGer
June 25th, 2010, 20:36
it woudl be fun to do new movies for MAW and PTO, ETO fits with the orginal movie well,, i always enjoy it when it runs, took a lot of work to make that, and it is a good one.