PDA

View Full Version : Panel Issues

Wulf190
June 23rd, 2010, 23:51
I'm still trying to figure out the panel issues with CFS2. Seems like most 3rd party 2d panels are not loading for CFS2 in Windows 7 64 bit. I dunno why. Nothing looks out of order in the cfg file. Sees like the only way to get the aircraft to load is to either use a stock panel, or junk the 2d panel all together....

So far I can't get any of the YAS Spits, BSK Spits, BR2 P-38s, BSK Mossis, Paul Burnage Mossies, or B-24 Guy's P-39 to load with their 2d panels.

Wulf190
June 24th, 2010, 13:31
I fixed it, and not in a way I expected.

I had been using a HSI ATI 5850 video card. The card had been giving me issues when it came to not being able to turn VSync off.

Well I got tired of the choppy lack luster performance I was getting and dropped my good 'ol 8800GTS 512 in it place.

Not only is the performance issue gone, but not I have no issues getting aircraft to load with 3rd party 2d panels. I dunno what the issue is with ATI's drivers, but seems like Nvidia is the way to go.

PSULLYKEYS
June 25th, 2010, 16:29
I've finally started flying with my nebee and have noted the same issues cropping up. Glad to hear Win 7 isn't the prob, its my ATI card, O well, time to replace it then. But its new!:banghead:

Thanks.

Wulf190
June 25th, 2010, 23:26
I wasn't happy to find that it was the card either. But luckily Newegg is letting me RMA the thing for a full refund. I even contacted the manufacturer to see if they could fix it. Last I heard from them is that they needed to talk to ATI.

I've always liked Nvidia, but they have been trending up to making card that produce more heat, and eat more power. I really like what ATI did hardware wise with their 5 series, but it looked like ATI isn't providing very good DirectX support, or legacy support, Nvidia is.