Willy
November 18th, 2008, 12:13
Looks like a -5N

MaddogK
November 18th, 2008, 12:59
post deleted

Dangerousdave26
November 18th, 2008, 13:03
Airplane Heavens F4U-5N with Tom's updates to the air file.

My rig is Medium end and handles most things well but that Corsair gives me Fits. I Love the plane but it is too frame rate heavy. When I switch views it takes forever to load textures. I changed all of the 888-8 textures to DX-3 and it helped some but not enough. I will only have it in the Hanger to fly wing with Tom when he is running the baton with it. I can't trust myself to fly Baton with it I had one Crash on landing due to the Slide Show of Death and how the :censored: did I survive that when I went threw 4 seconds of pause on landing.

Frustrating.

MaddogK
November 18th, 2008, 13:08
Airplane Heavens F4U-5N with Tom's updates to the air file.

My rig is Medium end and handles most things well but that Corsair gives me Fits. I Love the plane but it is too frame rate heavy. When I switch views it takes forever to load textures. I changed all of the 888-8 textures to DX-3 and it helped some but not enough. I will only have it in the Hanger to fly wing with Tom when he is running the baton with it. I can't trust myself to fly Baton with it I had one Crash on landing due to the Slide Show of Death and how the :censored: did I survive that when I went threw 4 seconds of pause on landing.

Frustrating.

TNX, Don't have that one, but mine is also frame rate heavy and NO external tanks or rockets- tho the weight is there, as well as droppable.

srgalahad
November 18th, 2008, 13:27
Just test flew ("just in case") this in from Hawaii to McChord AFB. Nice thing is that, for all the fits my computer has been giving me, I only had a couple of drops below 17fps ... the one on final quit and smoothed out about 3 miles from the threshold... Nothing installed in the VC - I just use the 2d cockpit.

dcc
November 20th, 2008, 17:04
still not too itchy here but I suspect the bug will bite around new years

- dcc

Moses03
November 20th, 2008, 17:19
Hehe, I remember that photo well dcc! It was from our first year, 2005. I had just blasted off in the Howard 500 after grabbing the baton from you and moments later my old Windows Me confutor spit the bit and crashed to desktop. Panaka took over in a Connie and made it to RPPL safely. Man was I dejected at the time. Glad we have the wingman rule now.

Edit: Our online flight earlier had a bit of the 'ol RTW feel to it. The 335 smelled like mothballs unfortunately...:rolleyes: