PDA

View Full Version : Skysim Hawk reactivation info

ronvking
June 22nd, 2010, 19:30
Hi Folks,

Just a little piece of information. I have just asked for a rweactivation of my Hawk. No problem, reply came quite quickly,as always, so no complaint there.

In the past I have had to request reactivations following reformats after a disk change or failure as well as system upgrades. All quite reasonable I think, after all computers are an ever changing thing. These have been over the years having brought the aircraft very soon after it came out.

In last nights reply was the comment "Your 5th and final activation" so it seems I may lose my aircraft through no fault of my own if I get another disk failure or decide to upgrade.

Fair or unfair, I don't know I'll you you decide but you might wish to bear that in mind should you consider any changes that requires a reinstallation of FSX.

Cheers Ron

Rick_Piper
June 24th, 2010, 07:53
Hi Ron

If you send me an e mail next time you need to install the Hawk as long as i am still alive you will get sorted.

I think most companies have a limit and i don't think it's a solid limit from Skysim anyway but designed to stop file sharing (which it has not done anyway)

Skysim seem to have stopped just about all support so deal direct with me instead
Regards
Rick

Milamber
June 24th, 2010, 09:29
Although I do not need this support just yet, once again Rick Piper has "gone the extra mile". Thank you. I purchased the Hawk many moons ago, but am not good enough to fly it [still] and will refrain from purchasing from them again due to a "high handed" approach on queries. Good to know that you can still care Rick. Thanks again.

M.

ronvking
June 24th, 2010, 10:00
but am not good enough to fly it

Know that one well, one day I'll master the approach and nail it without breaking into a sweat. Done a few good ones but still more luck than judgement.

Rick_Piper
June 24th, 2010, 12:04
Hi Guys

It's not an extra mile really.

I will support anyone that bought the Hawk as long as i am able to.

Ron........

remember to set your Engine rpm to approx 83% and your rate of decent to 600 fpm and the reast is easy mate.

I'm afraid i don't have the gauge fix you asked about as Skysim removed all my files as soon as i fell out with them. (Skysim are not directly to blame as the goal posts where moved by the parent company)
what is the problem you are getting as i can succesfully install and activate with no need to a modified gauge (it's just a matter of doing the right steps in the right order from the guide on the skysim forum)

miss any step or wrong order and you will get a problem.

Regards
Rick

ronvking
June 24th, 2010, 16:40
Hi Rick,

Thanks but I've managed to sort it out. Found a link to the gauge on the Skysim forum and thats sorted it all out.

Cheers Ron

Rezabrya
June 24th, 2010, 18:35
I recently had some problems activating my Hawk package and Rick sorted me out perfectly. I sent him a PM on SOH and he sorted me out. He left me with even more than I began with. He is a class act.