PDA

View Full Version : A neat utility program for photos.

Moparmike
June 22nd, 2010, 11:07
Photographers Help Desk
www.powerphototools.com (http://www.powerphototools.com)

This is a new payware program by Frank Paris that I've been using for a while as a beta tester, and I've been using it's predecessor screensaver for several years now.

The program itself started out as a very nice and smooth operating screensaver that is very configurable but as it progressed with more configuration features it gradually grew into a neat photo management utility tool much like Irfanview, Fastone, or ACDSee as well as keeping that screensaver/slideshow program.

It's cutting edge programming (you need the .NET4 framework to run it) so I'm felling this will have a good long future for upgradability and future OS support. It is working excellent for me on both XP and Win7.

As a special offer, the first 100 purchasers of the standard license (@ $20) will receive an upgrade to a lifetime license ($100 value)...you can get a free 30-day trial license to check the program out to see if yo find it handy or worth the purchase.

BTW: As you visit the site, click on some of the images on the main page. They'll zoom in and automatically scale to your browser window resolution & allow you to browse through all the images in the slideshow. This is the same technology as what the PHD program itself uses so that will also give you a little preview of how smoothly it can scale images to fit your screen without getting attacked by the "jaggies" or getting "fuzzed" to death.

(Note: This is an unsolicited and uncompensated endorsement by me as a satisfied user. I purchased my own license as soon as it hit release even though my beta license would've kept me in a copy of it for free. I've just been so pleased with the way it's predecessor "Photographer'sScreenSaver" has performed for me I've been following Frank's development as it grew into "PhotoHelpDesk" and I feel it's worth checking out.)