PDA

View Full Version : B 24 D Poll

NachtPiloten
June 22nd, 2010, 10:20
Please answer the poll. Your feedback is welcomed and appreciated.

gradyhappyg
June 22nd, 2010, 10:25
I was going to do the screen shot thingy but my fraps is on the fritz.
Love the planes. Thanks to all involved.

greycap.raf
June 22nd, 2010, 11:24
I'd have preferred a multiselection poll, both "Yes" and "Not yet but will" would have got used as I only have them on my backup rig at the moment and the glorious day of seeing them in full detail on the main machine is yet to be seen. Even making the lights was a pain with the thing running like molasses in a midwinter wind.

Phenozo
June 22nd, 2010, 12:00

This aircraft is the bomb.

I rate this particular one amongst the most importantly needed to be represented aircraft of that era for the simulator.
The work done in that regard is excellant.
I have already broken my own rule about never hosting multiplayer expansion sessions with anything added to the expansion.
This aircraft's importance and proliferation warrant doing so.

CrisGer
June 22nd, 2010, 12:23
YES!:wiggle:

hairyspin
June 22nd, 2010, 12:42
This model just belongs in MAW!

Looks like a heavily loaded set of wheels to me! You could always adjust the contact points if you really want to, crossram: there have been enough posts about that in the past six months.

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7277/b2401.jpg

And I can get her off the ground - run up the airspeed to takeoff speed, then bang the flaps down!

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/4429/b2402.jpg

Vesuvius to port, Captain...

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/7046/b2403.jpg

A beautiful model! Thank you Luca, Ted, Steve and John. :wiggle:

Murray Cod
June 23rd, 2010, 04:07

I have gone the Catch 22 approach (even though that was B25s, but a North African B24 will do in this instance). Its a very good film, not only for the B25 startup and mass takeoff at the beginning of the film.

The Company has done a deal with the Gerries for me to bomb our own airfield in return for some other goods and services. Here are my screenies.........
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/misc/pencil.png

lthump
June 23rd, 2010, 04:40
I have'nt gotten around to downloading yet, I have been busy re-installing all the sim's ( MAW, KOREA,Stock CFS3, PTO, ETO etc. But its on my to do list ! Thankyou by the way.:jump:

HouseHobbit
June 23rd, 2010, 06:46
This is One beautiful Set of birds, all the B-24s at Regs are something I have waited on for many years..
THANK YOU..To The Masters who Kindly gave to all this Bird..

I am working on a set of missions for all, to showcase these great birds..Shortly they will be finished and sent to Regs for downloading..

Thanks to all whom Have Blessed so many with their efforts..
Off to crash some more B-24s..OOPPPS..

:salute: :salute:

ndicki
June 23rd, 2010, 07:27
Of course I've downloaded them! Beautiful aircraft they are, too. Many thanks (once again) to all concerned.

Led Zeppelin
June 23rd, 2010, 07:49
yes, all of them. They are just perfect, can't wait for the 'J' one!! I have a lot of fun with them, I've already strike a factory in the Netherlands and Brest sub pens :d

Well, several of the bombers have been shot down by the FW's but fortunately, I've not been hit!:jump:

Vogelscheuche
June 23rd, 2010, 08:14
.... Your feedback is welcomed and appreciated.
Well, since you asked..... are the gun positions finished? The turrets seem a bit unfinished with the standard gunsight reticule instead of a nice fixed/drawn sight.

NachtPiloten
June 23rd, 2010, 10:10
They are done the way they are. The only positions with a "sight" per say are the waist gunners.

Led Zeppelin
June 23rd, 2010, 10:47
Just a matter of preferences: I would have prefered to see the cockpit windows closed when the waist guns are deployed... and the cockpit windows open when the waist guns are retracted! :mixedsmi:

When I look the aircraft from the outside view when I'm in flight during a mission, I don't like when the waist guns are close because they were open during real missions. But if I press 'shift + C' to open them, the cockpit windows will also open and I don't like to see them open when I jump in the cockpit à 30000 ft.

Once again, this is just a matter of preferences, it is not an issue or a critic.

I really love this aircraft, the quality is as high as the Catalina or the Defiant, which means a lot. Really amazing, thank you so much. :applause::applause::ernae:

Led Zeppelin
June 23rd, 2010, 11:43
Mission report

April 5th 1943. Target for today, Antwerp aircraft engine factory.

01: rendez-vous with the little friends (P-47C's).

02: enemy coast ahead.

03: bombs away!

04: home, sweet home!

Enemy air activiy. A strong group of 190's has been reported but the P-47's boys kept them away, none aircraft of our box has been hit.

Flak activity. Moderate to heavy in the target area.

swpierce
June 23rd, 2010, 15:30
Oh, I am going to download these all right. But to be honest I have been having too much fun with the Baltimore lately to get around to it yet.

Vogelscheuche
June 24th, 2010, 17:09
I've made a mod to the B-24 top turret sight and the rear gun sight. Also my Norden retrofit kit is ready and waiting for an OK from NachtPiloten to upload here. Capt. Winters is working on a better Norden, but I think this one will work fine until he gets his done.

http://i47.tinypic.com/28ajkn7.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/2afajci.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/14kliys.jpg

garykidman
June 26th, 2010, 09:45
I think that this is marvellous piece of work I'm sure3 that it will have many rolls to play, with the good work and time spent by mission builders such as our old friend house hobbit in creating more missions for it

HouseHobbit
July 4th, 2010, 11:57
Thanks Gary,
I shall have missions using the new sights, for ETO/Regs Hanger.
The new sights are wonder, the Masters have done us a Great Favor with these..
BRAVO..:salute:

jackedwardmorris95
July 25th, 2010, 03:06
I would if I knew where to download it..

Jack

KellyB
July 25th, 2010, 05:02
They are over at Reg's Hangar, under Nachtpilotens Hanger

http://www.regshanger.com/Teds%20site/teds%20home.htm

KellyB
August 13th, 2010, 13:13
Each day i look at this thread, it says I am the last poster and gives a current date and a time.

The last post is indeed by me, but it was on July 25th.

Are there ghosts?

Of course, this post today (August 13) is a real one....

Led Zeppelin
August 13th, 2010, 23:29
yes, I've noticed the same thing. I suppose it's when somebody vote.

Dave(Dangerous)Boynton
August 14th, 2010, 02:17
Hi,
In reply to the poll post.

I probably have them lurking around on my hard drive somewhere as have flown B24s before with a few people on here back in the day there was a dedicated server for cfs3 but i have been away for a long while but am back and am slowly getting my self sorted, setup wise.

Dave

NachtPiloten
August 14th, 2010, 06:04
These are new freeware models available at regshanger.

Starspeeder_3000
November 27th, 2010, 14:09
Hey this bird looks great, nice work! My only question is how does it compare to the Firepower B-24?

Led Zeppelin
November 28th, 2010, 00:22
there is no possible comparison, the one available at Reg's is a masterpiece.

HouseHobbit
November 28th, 2010, 07:24
I agree Led, The B-24 at Regs are master works..
I truly enjoy wrecking them..
:salute: :salute: :salute:

popsaka
January 5th, 2011, 20:15
there is no possible comparison, the one available at Reg's is a masterpiece.

It seems to me the proportions are more realistic...:wiggle:

cjcz7
January 6th, 2011, 08:07
i have never felt the need to get firepower purely because all the freeware available provides more great aircraft, missions and weapons that i could possibly ever want.

As for the B-24's, they're amazing! better quality models than any the stock cfs3 warbirds! thanks everyone!:jump:

popsaka
January 6th, 2011, 14:09
What's the story on this one?

gaw
January 6th, 2011, 14:43
egads.....who wouldn't.....these are beautiful and much anticipated.......

PRang
January 10th, 2011, 12:40
Yes, I have. They are great and I have used them in MB.

I check periodically the site for more item that I can use in MB

Great work

God bless

PRang :applause: