June 21st, 2010, 02:53
10927 10928

Bruce

Cag40Navy
June 21st, 2010, 03:08
Awsome shots Bruce!

Helldiver
June 21st, 2010, 04:03
When the U.S. Navy Flight Exhibtion Team was formed in Jacksonville, flying F6-Fs it never performed at Pensacola. In fact it's first demonstation flight was with F8-F Bearcats on Navy Day at Jax in 1947 .
I was there when it happened.

bruce448
June 23rd, 2010, 00:18
When the U.S. Navy Flight Exhibtion Team was formed in Jacksonville, flying F6-Fs it never performed at Pensacola. In fact it's first demonstation flight was with F8-F Bearcats on Navy Day at Jax in 1947 .
I was there when it happened.

Helldiver we're both wrong quote from the Blue Angels Archives

Bruce

Helldiver
June 23rd, 2010, 04:30
I was assigned to the Jacksonville Flight Test group of the A&R section in June of 1946. At that time Butch Voris was trying to find men that could fly close formation without flying up each others ass. There were no official flight demos at that time. The SNJ did not appear until long after they had transitioned to F8-F Bearcats. This transition happened in August of 1946. Even then we had to clamp 125 pounds of lead around the tail hook. Lt. Robby Robinson dove a Bearcat into the runway during the intial demo before the public which happened on Navy Day in September of 1946. I don't know who the writer used as a source for his information but it's apparent he's dealing with misinformation. But having had to clean oil off the belly of F8s in the blazing heat and humidty of Jacksonville, Florida, I know what I'm talking about.
Like I've said before many times before, you can't believe everything you read.

Shylock
June 23rd, 2010, 14:40
True can't believe everything you read but then in a way your telling me I shouldn't believe what I just Read from you :P Just kidding. Yep the Blue's were first based out of NAS Jacksonville Florida flying F-6 Hellcats. Then in 1951 they moved and were based at NAS Corpus Christi Texas and then in the Winter of 1954 they then moved to Pensacola. They were even based at Key West for 10 years for their winter home then went back to El Centro.

Great shots Bruce. Nice flying to.