PDA

View Full Version : ALPHA SIM B-24/FSX Modifications

captdoug
June 20th, 2010, 19:05
Hello,

I recently started to fly the FSX AS B-24 at night ( Operation Carpetbagger missions) and noticed the model does not have a red beacon light just wingtip navigation. There is a switch for the Beacon on the panel both VC and 2D but it dosen't work.

I also noticed with the gear up the landing lights show up illuminated and recessed in the wing with the main gear stowed. They can be seen as two white lights in the wing from underneath.

I don't know if the B-24's actually had underbelly red beacons/ and landing gear lights that were always on.

Does anyone know how to modifiy the aircraft .cfg to (1.)add a rotating beacon (2.) fix landing gear lights that can be completely shut off so not to visable when viewed from looking up at the underside of the plane. I'm assuming they are not to be on as formation lights.

Thanks

Doug

mal998
June 21st, 2010, 04:32
Hello,

I recently started to fly the FSX AS B-24 at night ( Operation Carpetbagger missions) and noticed the model does not have a red beacon light just wingtip navigation. There is a switch for the Beacon on the panel both VC and 2D but it dosen't work.

I also noticed with the gear up the landing lights show up illuminated and recessed in the wing with the main gear stowed. They can be seen as two white lights in the wing from underneath.

I don't know if the B-24's actually had underbelly red beacons/ and landing gear lights that were always on.

Does anyone know how to modifiy the aircraft .cfg to (1.)add a rotating beacon (2.) fix landing gear lights that can be completely shut off so not to visable when viewed from looking up at the underside of the plane. I'm assuming they are not to be on as formation lights.

Thanks

Doug

I don't know if the B-24 had a rotating beacon, but you can close the landing lights by using ctrl + L

falcon409
June 21st, 2010, 05:41
The only problem I'm having is the engine exhaust. It is situated vertically, from above the aircraft straight down the center to somewhere below the aircraft, rather than setup horizontally extending from each engine. There was another thread with a supposed fix, which I tried, but it didn't fix anything.

bruce448
June 21st, 2010, 05:53
The only problem I'm having is the engine exhaust. It is situated vertically, from above the aircraft straight down the center to somewhere below the aircraft, rather than setup horizontally extending from each engine. There was another thread with a supposed fix, which I tried, but it didn't fix anything.

try changing the [SMOKESYSTEM] entry to this

[SMOKESYSTEM]
smoke.0 = -2.60, -25.50, 0.00, fx_ALPHA_B24_Smoke
smoke.1 = -2.60, -11.25, 0.00, fx_ALPHA_B24_Smoke1
smoke.2 = -2.60, 11.25, 0.00, fx_ALPHA_B24_Smoke1
smoke.3 = -2.50, 25.50, 0.00, fx_ALPHA_B24_Smoke

Bruce

falcon409
June 21st, 2010, 06:36
try changing the [SMOKESYSTEM] entry to this

[SMOKESYSTEM]
smoke.0 = -2.60, -25.50, 0.00, fx_ALPHA_B24_Smoke