PDA

View Full Version : Do you still remember everything from Driver's Ed.?

Cloud9Gal
June 19th, 2010, 15:51
Could you still pass your Driver's Ed. test? Take this quiz to find out!

http://autoinsurance.org/driving_test/

Let us know if you passed or not! No cheating!

http://www.tiptopglobe.com/skin/smile/s11975.gif (http://www.tiptopglobe.com/free-smiles-smileys-emoticons-blog-forum-email)

Navy Chief
June 19th, 2010, 16:08
Well, I failed it. Unbelievable!

One question that I definitely take issue with, however, is the one asking what you should do if your low beam lights quit working while you are driving at night. I won't divulge the correct answer directly, but let's say you are driving in downtown Atlanta (or any large city) at night, and this happens; what would YOU do?

Er.....speaking for myself, there is NO way I would stop, period.

NC

paiken
June 19th, 2010, 16:14
Passed...with a C+ (78%)
Guess I can still drive!

PRB
June 19th, 2010, 16:25
[EDIT] I revealed a couple answers in my un-edited post. I suppse that will ruin the fun for others. :icon_lol:

Oh, I got a 72 percent, so I passed.

mfitch
June 19th, 2010, 16:27
My score was 61%. A high score was unlikely on my part as I use motorized transit very little. While all laws bind cyclists (I despise scofflaws), many laws are irrelevant to a cyclist. For example, I really don't care what the school zone speed limit is: I am not capable of exceeding it on a ride to work. I do however actually know all the hand signals since they are needed by cyclists.

Overall I think the quiz has more flaws than strengths though.

Strength 1: it does include questions about non-motorized transit which is increasingly important (only pedestrian though).

Flaw 1: it does not take into account differences between states. Here it is legal to pass on the right. In most states that is illegal. State differences affected two of my wrong answers.

Flaw 2: some of the questions are irrelevant. I really don't care how many accidents are caused by drunk driving. This should not affect anyone's decision either with drunk driving or other driving choices. I think these are added to scare idiots into better behavior not because the number is important. They also bring car wrecks to schools for this reason.

Flaw 3: at least one question did not have the proper answer available. Flashing red lights mean the signal is off and the intersection is now an all way stop (they only provide half of the correct or a "best fit" answer).

Poor loser ranting aside, I wish driver testing (inclusive road test) were required every few years. We all forget things and eventually lose our skills.

mfitch
June 19th, 2010, 16:29
Well, I failed it. Unbelievable!

One question that I definitely take issue with, however, is the one asking what you should do if your low beam lights quit working while you are driving at night. I won't divulge the correct answer directly, but let's say you are driving in downtown Atlanta (or any large city) at night, and this happens; what would YOU do?

Er.....speaking for myself, there is NO way I would stop, period.

NC

I agree. I thought I knew what they wanted, but that is insane. Around here one could be 200 miles from the nearest help and out of cell phone reach. State laws actually allow driving just far enough to get the vehicle serviced under these conditions.

Daveroo
June 19th, 2010, 17:40
Your Grade: C+
78% You Passed with an Average Score

Daveroo
June 19th, 2010, 17:42
My score was 61%. A high score was unlikely on my part as I use motorized transit very little. While all laws bind cyclists (I despise scofflaws), many laws are irrelevant to a cyclist. For example, I really don't care what the school zone speed limit is: I am not capable of exceeding it on a ride to work. I do however actually know all the hand signals since they are needed by cyclists.

Overall I think the quiz has more flaws than strengths though.

Strength 1: it does include questions about non-motorized transit which is increasingly important (only pedestrian though).

Flaw 1: it does not take into account differences between states. Here it is legal to pass on the right. In most states that is illegal. State differences affected two of my wrong answers.

Flaw 2: some of the questions are irrelevant. I really don't care how many accidents are caused by drunk driving. This should not affect anyone's decision either with drunk driving or other driving choices. I think these are added to scare idiots into better behavior not because the number is important. They also bring car wrecks to schools for this reason.

Flaw 3: at least one question did not have the proper answer available. Flashing red lights mean the signal is off and the intersection is now an all way stop (they only provide half of the correct or a "best fit" answer).

Poor loser ranting aside, I wish driver testing (inclusive road test) were required every few years. We all forget things and eventually lose our skills.
about flaw three,,,it doesnt mater why the light is flashing red...it just maters that it is...and it means STOP....for all parties...if its malfuctioning..or if its a small town and the volunteer fire house is near the intersection and the light flashes red to stop for the engines.....you never know why its flashing...just stop when ya see red...

Naki
June 19th, 2010, 19:57
Haha I only got 44% ...not to bad considering our road rules are quite different and we drive on the other side of the road!

Tom Clayton
June 19th, 2010, 20:39
They must be in a different state. School zone speed limits here are different from what they claim.

Willy
June 19th, 2010, 22:23
The only thing I really remember about Drivers Ed in high school is putting the driver's ed car into the ditch to keep from getting run over by a dump truck on a country road.

CG_1976
June 19th, 2010, 22:42
What's this thing Driver's Ed? I got mine from the USCG.

Cazzie
June 20th, 2010, 02:16
Are you kidding, I had my driver's license two years before driver's education became a standard. :icon_lol:

I still took it one Summer out of college to reduce my insurance rates. Instructor was my former HS English teacher. All three of us students already had licenses, bo Billy would have us drive to Greensboro, Raleigh, Richmond, hell, we had a good old time visiting museums at the tax payers expense. Now days, the kids have to pay for Driver's Ed. What a crocked up world we have become.

And yes, to answer your question C9G, I could pass any driver's ed test presented, I just got through with my eldest last year and must deal with my youngest next year. I got a 92, most of the questions are pretty common sense.

Caz

Quixoticish
June 20th, 2010, 02:50
B+, 89%. And I thought the driving theory questions in the UK were easy.

stiz
June 20th, 2010, 03:39
61%

got the first one wrong, who the heck designed that sign!
got the distance your allowed to follow a fire truck ... the answer .. are you serious about that!:isadizzy:
the pesdestrian right of way one
the ABS question (never had a car fancy enough to have that included :icon_lol:)
flashing red traffic light (which they dont do ere!)
last pedestrian one

overall .. not bad considering you lot drive on the wrong side of the road to begin with :icon_lol:

stansdds
June 20th, 2010, 03:45
83% score for me.

I really wanted to answer some of the questions with the more "interesting" responses. :jump:

Bjoern
June 20th, 2010, 12:01
F - 50%

Then again, I have no idea about US regulations.

Ah well, I can still drive safely here and that's what counts. Didn't pay those $1400 for my license for nothing.

TARPSBird
June 20th, 2010, 12:07
I passed, although I didn't do as well as I thought I would. We have so many morons on the roads here in Virginia that you wouldn't know there was an exam required for obtaining a driver's license.

Willy
June 20th, 2010, 16:22
TARPSbird, regulations only apply until you get your license ;)

I think we've got some of the same idiots here.

Trans_23
June 20th, 2010, 16:47
89% You Passed with an Above Average Score.

Missed the one about percentage of alcohol related accidents. When I was 16 and took the written exam, it was 10 questions and you pretty much had to be a moron not to pass.

gigabyte
June 20th, 2010, 17:47
I pull 72%, but I will claim higher - a couple of the measurement questions are not the same in the great white north, I won't give anything away but I answered 2 correctly according to our Motor Vehicle Act, but was scored as wrong...

cheezyflier
June 21st, 2010, 13:37
haven't driven a car in 4 years. still passed. i agree on the alchohol % thing. not important to your driving ability. another one that got me was how far behind the fire truck. no one ever stays 500 ft back. that's just ridiculous.

Blackbird686
June 21st, 2010, 17:11
88%... Hmmm. Despite that score, I consider myself a lacklustre driver. I am a bit aggressive, but not in a bad way. Most of the time I just feel that some other drivers shouldn't be behind the wheel. I'm kind of a bad person behind the wheel.

In high school, my Driver's Ed. teachers name was John Gibson. He was very patient with me. I used to get the hiccups when I had my foot on the clutch, starting out in 1st gear. :isadizzy:

BB686:USA-flag: