PDA

View Full Version : Pasped Skylark by Lionheart Creations, Released!

Lionheart
June 19th, 2010, 13:23
Hey all,

Time to roll open the hanger and let another child out into the world.

This is the 1936 Pasped Skylark, a sleek classic of the Golden Age of Aviation. This exotic Hot Rod was only a two seater and was equipped with 2 doors for easy access as well as a top slide forward canopy that could be flown with it open. The aircraft featured phenomenal lift at low speeds, almost making it a STOL aircraft. It also featured a rather large air brake panel (some might call it a giant mega-flap) that was actuated with an electric servo mechanism which also featured a state of the art electric instrument that showed the pilot what position the flap was in. Armed with but the bare essentials of an aircraft of that era, ASI, VSI, Whiskey Compass, and a couple of other instruments, you were left with an uncluttered panel void of a radio stack, but equipped with a handy map box instead.

This aircraft ships with 3 versions of paint schemes, full animations throughout, a tie-down mode that deploys wheel chocks and a nice canopy cover. The airfile was created paintstakingly by Pam Brooker (Warchild) and Paul Frimston and having been given detailed flight feedback by the restorer of the aircraft himself, Tom Brown, they leave you with a very near handling plane as the real one. The only thing that couldnt be replicated was the 37 MPH stall speed, which is a bug with FSX, but we got it pretty darn close, making it a very nice bush plane to land on short grass strip runways which was one of the reasons the gargantuan two seater had such huge landing gear for was the rough airstrips of that time, usually fields...

There is a multi-function Kneeboard, Shift-6, which has your performance and specs, checklists, and a neat little Runway Visualizer which helps you navigate via the Whiskey Compass when doing pattern touch and goes. There is also a hand held mini Nautical compass (popup) also for easier compass navigating (for people like me that has issues reading the Whiskey Compass in patterns).

Her air speed indicator is in MPH which was common back then. She will cruise along smartly at about 125 to 130 MPH at cruise. She will spike over 145 MPH at redline, and faster if you go past redline. The Warner Super Scarab is equipped with only a Tachometer (and PSI and Temp gauges), but for speed, only the RPM is used, no MAP gauge. She doesnt have a variable pitch/adjustable prop, so you are clear of having to fiddle with prop RPM and MAP settings in flight. Just give her the gas and go.

No MFD... No PFD... No MVD-50 engine readout screen with multi page function. No retractable landing gear. No smell of resinated matrixed carbon fiber... (that was hard to put into a flight sim model by the way! )... Just a clean old, radial powered classic with a loud engine, a Whiskey compass, some neat leather seats, and a range of 475 miles on a tank of gas! hooo rah!

The PDF Manual is free to download seperate, download here;
http://lionheartworld.net/ps/Pasped_Skylark_Owners_Manual.pdf

Webpage is here;
www.lionheartcreations.com/Skylark
Wait a moment as it loads up the graphics.

Some screenshots of the girl...

The white version was when she was finished, white with black stripes. The Red version was done later in her life, probably for the movies she was in. Then when restored by Tom, it was back to white. The Blue Stripes version is Pams baby. She sent me a sketch in color and so thats hers, the Brooker Speedster.

I hope you like it.

The last detail. Price tag is $12.00 USD. This is a simple machine designed for lots of fun, no technology. This should help people out who are under the economy crunch.

Happy flying...

Bill

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/sitebuilder/images/lionheart_skylark_24-999x636.jpg

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/sitebuilder/images/lionheart_skylark_17-1000x638.jpg

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/sitebuilder/images/lionheart_skylark_35B-1000x637.jpg

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/sitebuilder/images/SkylarkManualShots-998x538.png

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/sitebuilder/images/lionheart_skylark_27-1000x636.jpg

CodyValkyrie
June 19th, 2010, 13:34
Hey Bill, contact me ASAP please.

AWESOME work. LOVE the plane!

falcon409
June 19th, 2010, 13:37
Wow Bill, incredible work. Once I have some money in the bank again, I'll be on this beauty.:salute:

stiz
June 19th, 2010, 13:39
must ... resist ... no money ... must .... resist ... :frown:

spotlope
June 19th, 2010, 13:42
It looks gorgeous, Bill! I'll bite.

Cleartheprop
June 19th, 2010, 13:54
She's so beautiful! I'll sign right away!
Thanks ! :ernae:

Gdavis101
June 19th, 2010, 14:07
Looks nice Bill!!

Cag40Navy
June 19th, 2010, 14:15
WooHoo!!! Thanks Lionheart!

pilottj
June 19th, 2010, 14:38
lol no more warp core eh? LOL

Looks beautiful Bill, will put it on my 'too get' list, just spent a bit on some computer upgrades but its definately on my get list :)

Cheers
TJ

Cleartheprop
June 19th, 2010, 14:38
She's nice and fun to fly! Thanks! :ernae:
http://www.cleartheprop.com/images/skylark/Image1.jpg

Nick C
June 19th, 2010, 14:49
The pictures Bill posted above, and which are on his site, can be found in a little higher definition here if needed.

http://www.screenshotartist.co.uk/lionheart_skylark.html

I don't have to be kind to customers bandwidth. :engel016:

Nice work Bill, love this plane!

Lionheart
June 19th, 2010, 15:10
Those are some brilliant screenshots Nick. You do incredible work.

:salute:

Bill

txnetcop
June 19th, 2010, 15:20
Talk about the ideal plane to fly around PNW! WOW! Awesome work Bill
Ted

Roger
June 19th, 2010, 16:03
Loving it!:ernae:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/skylark-1.jpg

Chacha
June 19th, 2010, 17:49
Congratulations, Bil land Team!

:ernae:

Very Very Cool Shots, Nick! I Love it!

PRB
June 19th, 2010, 17:51
That looks fantastic!

N2056
June 19th, 2010, 18:38
Congrats on the release of yet another great model! I am way impressed with the detail work. Awesome! :salute:

mikew
June 19th, 2010, 19:26
Bill,

I just bought myself a Father's Day present! Great work as always. I'm looking forward to spending some time flying tomorrow.
One thing I noticed on the website... The link to the paintkit is missing the last "k" in Skylark so a page not found error shows up. Once I placed the "k" at the end of Skylark in the address bar the link showed up and the PK downloaded. I figured you'd want to know.

Mike

Lionheart
June 19th, 2010, 19:31
Hey Mike,

Many thanks for the heads up. Off to fix that.

mikew
June 19th, 2010, 19:39
No problem brother! Glad to be of assistance.

Mike

OleBoy
June 19th, 2010, 20:04
Only $12.00? Now that's a heck of a more than fair price!!!

Wow, she's a real beauty Bill. Hopefully I can entice her to dance in the skies before long.
...I don't have a respectable FSX machine just yet. Soon I hope. Real soon.

Might someone be nice and post a video?? :d

falcon409
June 19th, 2010, 20:26
My humble contributions to a masterpiece of modeling. . .just a beautiful aircraft and what joy to fly. Wow!

Lionheart
June 19th, 2010, 20:53
Thanks guys. Its only an FS plane, lol...

I love how we can make distressed metal in bump mapping. That is one awesome effect. I do have a more straighter aluminum bump map if anyone wants a 'smooth' finish, (the pure restoration look).

With it setting so high in the air like that, how on earth did the guys taxi it around or take off with the tail still down? Probably just kept their heads out the sides of the canopy, then when up in the air, close the canopy.

Bill

Ark
June 19th, 2010, 22:55
Bill, your $12 airplanes look better than quite a few $20, $30, etc.. add-ons I have purchased. I don't know how you create such fine aircraft so quickly, but don't stop, you work is greatly appreciated.:ernae:

thunder100
June 19th, 2010, 23:04
Dear Bill

Really cool

Just one thought

I ll pay annother 12-20 bucks for a 1930'2 scenery (FSX SP2) like Glendale 1930 with an airport,some Duesenberg & other vintage cars driving arround ,to make a kind of tiny Golden Wings in FSX

(like you did in the Valkyrie)

Once you are shy of the next idea's

Roland

oldpropfan
June 19th, 2010, 23:47
Bill, thanks for a great plane:jump: and your decision on the price point. Gutsy move indeed in these financially difficult times for many, developers included I'm sure.

A few quick shots from my first flight:

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll279/oldpropfan/2010-6-19_23-40-55-270.jpg

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll279/oldpropfan/2010-6-19_23-40-8-377.jpg

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll279/oldpropfan/2010-6-19_23-29-52-264.jpg

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll279/oldpropfan/2010-6-19_23-40-34-275.jpg

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll279/oldpropfan/2010-6-19_23-21-44-262.jpg

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll279/oldpropfan/2010-6-19_23-39-30-15.jpg

grunau_baby
June 19th, 2010, 23:58
Can´t wait for Simmarket!!!!! Downloading right now. Just what I need now, Bill! You made my day (week, month,...) And this beauty for $ 12,00, you are so generous....!:ernae:

Have a blessed day and some rest, after this splendid work!
Alex

AussieMan
June 20th, 2010, 01:35
Once again you have excelled Bill ..... the CC went into meltdown and had to get it :).

Cheers
Pat

falcon409
June 20th, 2010, 03:28
oldpropfan,
What scenery is that in your third pic. Looks interesting!!:salute:

doublecool
June 20th, 2010, 03:35
Lionheart, as always what a fun plane, the VC is Brilliant, and the price :applause:

Thank you

Peritas
June 20th, 2010, 03:36
Thanks, Lionheart! Just landed in my hangar! :applause::applause::applause:
Luca

Roger
June 20th, 2010, 03:50
oldpropfan,

Looks a lot like FTX US 2S1 Vashon Island which was a freeware add-on for PNW.

falcon409
June 20th, 2010, 03:52
Ok, thanks Roger!

robcap
June 20th, 2010, 06:06
Just downloaded her, screens look great, this I'm looking forward to.I have her installed, and indeed a very nice plane. Pilot looks like you Bill.
Nice details on the compartment behind the engines. Great job.

R.

flaviossa
June 20th, 2010, 06:16
Thanks Bill!
Installed and flying! Very nice!

big-mike
June 20th, 2010, 06:27
Just installed it----really a wonderful aircraft.I love old aircrafts!
Thank you very much for this and the low price.
The price is very important for me,because the times for me are over,when i could buy nearly everything,that was released.Now i`m handicaped with big problems of my back,and get only less money.
The Skylark is absolutely amazing,it`s fun to fly and it looks better than many addons for 30$.
Hope more to come in this price range.
Michael

modelr
June 20th, 2010, 09:00
Beautiful, Bill. On my next weeks shopping list, fer sher!

flaviossa
June 20th, 2010, 09:15
Bill,
Just one question: When i go near a fuel station with this bird, all the doors, windows close automatically ... Is it a FSX limitation or something with the Skylark?

Thanks! :salute:

MM
June 20th, 2010, 09:52
Brilliant, Bill.

Delightful VFR with class, style, and a touch of whimsy.

To the entire team, Congratulations!

falcon409
June 20th, 2010, 09:54
Working on a "Private" paint for my Skylark:

Thoe6969
June 20th, 2010, 10:02
I'm retired and short on funds also,but could not pass on this one.For the quality,the price is way low ,but I ain't complaining.

DaveKDEN
June 20th, 2010, 10:06
Makes quite a nice Father's Day gift to myself. :d This is one of those add-ons that you're instantly satisfied with. Just did some minor adjustments to the eyepoint setting (based on my personal VC zoom and view preferences) and she's quite the delight to fly. Oh yea, canopy slid back with the virtual wind through your hair (or what's left of it in my case). Great detail accross the board - and the price is definitely right!

Thanks Bill!

Nick C
June 20th, 2010, 10:39
I can't help but think that black with gold/cream/white lines would look nice.

falcon409
June 20th, 2010, 10:45
One more and it's done now. Very simple paint templates. . .thanks Bill for all you do.

Nick C
June 20th, 2010, 10:47
Looks good Ed. :applause:

n4gix
June 20th, 2010, 11:51
Bill,
Just one question: When i go near a fuel station with this bird, all the doors, windows close automatically ... Is it a FSX limitation or something with the Skylark?

That's normal FSX behavior... ACES made the "fuel box" too large this time around, and any parking too close to the fuel area will cause the doors to "auto-close..."

Before I discovered this during the beta testing, I once wasted four days chasing my tail trying to figure out what was wrong with my door scripts! :isadizzy:

Lionheart
June 20th, 2010, 12:07
That's normal FSX behavior... ACES made the "fuel box" too large this time around, and any parking too close to the fuel area will cause the doors to "auto-close..."

Before I discovered this during the beta testing, I once wasted four days chasing my tail trying to figure out what was wrong with my door scripts! :isadizzy:

Thanks Bill for that info.

Nice paint scheme Ed! Love it!

I was doodling myself, sniffing paint fumes on a Sunday afternoon.

Yellow Breitling model. Black leather seat (was turqoize like an old Chevy, but didnt look right with a yellow exterior). Black leather canopy cover. Not quite finished.

CrazyPants
June 20th, 2010, 12:23
Just bought this one Bill, thanks for the great aircraft at a great price!!

flaviossa
June 20th, 2010, 12:42
Thanks for the info n4gix! :salute:
Bill, the Breitling paint is beautiful!

Peritas
June 20th, 2010, 12:56
Yes, the Breitling paint is awesome!

Luca

Cazzie
June 20th, 2010, 15:21
M....m.......mmmmm......ust have!

Caz

dswo
June 20th, 2010, 15:36
[QUOTE=flaviossa;434213Bill, the Breitling paint is beautiful![/QUOTE]

Makes me want to buy a watch!

Roger
June 20th, 2010, 15:52
I am so enjoying this aircraft:ernae:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/skylark-2.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/skylark-3.jpg

txnetcop
June 20th, 2010, 15:54
Outstanding shots Roger!!! Way over the top...outstanding! Bill really created a classic beauty.
Ted

Roger
June 20th, 2010, 15:56
Thanks Ted...it's a beautiful piece of work:salute:

JimC1702
June 20th, 2010, 16:28
I had to jump on this one today also. Thanks Bill, for such a great bargain and for the awesome work. She's a real beauty.

Jim

skyhawka4m
June 20th, 2010, 16:47
oldpropfan,

Hey Falcon thats part of the PNW from ORBX and it looks like the freeware 1S2 airport.

warchild
June 20th, 2010, 18:39
Bill,

Ummmm,, it's afraid of gas attendants maybe????

skyhawka4m
June 20th, 2010, 18:53
Outstanding work Bill....another great addition for my flying.....

b52bob
June 20th, 2010, 20:00
I had to jump on this one today also. Thanks Bill, for such a great bargain and for the awesome work. She's a real beauty.

Jim

Me too! Couldn't afford it ut couldn't afford not to pass it up, especially at this price,

Now, GET BACK TO WORK on the javelina and WT-9

Bob

spotlope
June 20th, 2010, 21:35
Thanks Bill for that info.

Nice paint scheme Ed! Love it!

I was doodling myself, sniffing paint fumes on a Sunday afternoon.

Yellow Breitling model. Black leather seat (was turqoize like an old Chevy, but didnt look right with a yellow exterior). Black leather canopy cover. Not quite finished.

That Breitling job is the cat's ***, Bill. It's absolutely perfect for an old lady like this one!

txnetcop
June 21st, 2010, 05:13
Bill you have really outdone yourself with this beauty. I really enjoy flying this in Full Terrain's PNW...and by the way HUGE KUDOs to our PNW devs who worked on this project! It just makes FSX come alive!!!

Kowalski65
June 21st, 2010, 07:56
An awesome looking plane.

Just one query..if the HD textures I am buying bring my PC to its knees(they shouldnt, it runs the A2A & Realflight stuff OK, but you never know how PCs will react to any particular plane!) do you have to repay for the standard textures?

Of course Ive already bought it now anyway :)

Cleartheprop
June 21st, 2010, 08:07
An awesome looking plane.

Just one query..if the HD textures I am buying bring my PC to its knees(they shouldnt, it runs the A2A & Realflight stuff OK, but you never know how PCs will react to any particular plane!) do you have to repay for the standard textures?

Of course Ive already bought it now anyway :)

Same question here; I have purchased the HD textures but would like to try the standard set of textures.
Thanks

Lionheart
June 21st, 2010, 10:03
Hey guys,

Concerning retrofitting standard textures, that is totally possible. It was in my 'master plan' concerning this, being able to change out the textures to lite or heavy. I wanted a delivery system though that would enable people to simply download 'one time' the entire package and the version that they want. Supplying texture pack versions after purchase is no big deal.

I'll put them online later today.

The only thing that is really high rez on the HD version texture pack is 'double size'. They are not 32Bit, just regular DXT5. I found that 32bit really hits computers hard while double size DXT5 runs like a 1024 texture. But having nearly the entire plane in 2048 will pull down slower computers.

Some great screenshots!

Bill

Nick C
June 21st, 2010, 10:08
Love those wing shots Ted!

txnetcop
June 21st, 2010, 10:35
Thanks Nick it really is nice to have such an awesome subject to work with!
Ted

Lionheart
June 21st, 2010, 11:26
I have the Texture Swap-Out kits online and ready for those that would like to change out their textures for the opposite versions.

Download links are here;
http://lionheartworld.net/ps/PS_High_Rez_Textures_Package.zip
http://lionheartworld.net/ps/PS_Low_Rez_Textures_Package.zip

If you have the HD, get the Low Rez. If you have the regular pack, get the High Rez kit. Just drop them in and let the overwrite the textures. The 'smart' thing to do is to create a backup folder in the Skylark aircraft folder and drop the original textures in there and 'then' install the new swap-out kit.

Bill

bazzar
June 21st, 2010, 14:35
Congrats, Bill, a most unusual subject and very nicely done mate.:ernae:

JimC1702
June 21st, 2010, 17:32
Anyone else unable to see the switch for the tie-downs and chocke? I can only see the battery switch and starter button. I hovered the mouse around in case the click spot was available even if the switch wasn't visible but no luck.

Other than that little issue, this airplane is sensational. Enjoyed and nice flight tonight and a nice smooth landing.

Jim

MM
June 21st, 2010, 17:52
Here's a quirky undocumented feature.

Fly and then land with the canopy pushed back to experience the open air fun. Then do a replay--the replay shows the canopy covering the cockpit. After the replay, the canopy remains closed. Lack of fresh air for the poor pilot.

No problem at all. Just odd.

Commendable imagination on your part! A true delight for all...

Gdavis101
June 21st, 2010, 17:55
Great plane Bill. Thanks!

Lionheart
June 21st, 2010, 20:31
Anyone else unable to see the switch for the tie-downs and chocke? I can only see the battery switch and starter button. I hovered the mouse around in case the click spot was available even if the switch wasn't visible but no luck.

Other than that little issue, this airplane is sensational. Enjoyed and nice flight tonight and a nice smooth landing.

Jim

Hey Jim,

That was a huge issue. Moving forward and then looking down via Spacebar/Mouse enables you to see it and mouse click it. You cant click it if polygons are blocking you from it.

I tried installing a camera view for that (as well as the center switches) but the camera view wouldnt function for the Knee switch box. I had it in there, tried modifying it several ways, and it just wouldnt function.

But... The good news is, this afternoon, I was talking with Dwight, my gauge guru, and we are creating a popup of the box that will have the switches in plain view, and I am adding 3 more for a fictional auto pilot; AP On, HDG Lock, ALT Lock. It kind of makes the plane 'unclean' in its historic pureness, but the switches are half way covered and having the popup will enable you to see them perfect. Hopefully the update will be out by Wed. I also want to add a fuel selector popup.

I also need to finish up that Breightling paint scheme and upload it.

Bill

Lionheart
June 21st, 2010, 20:33
Here's a quirky undocumented feature.

Fly and then land with the canopy pushed back to experience the open air fun. Then do a replay--the replay shows the canopy covering the cockpit. After the replay, the canopy remains closed. Lack of fresh air for the poor pilot.

No problem at all. Just odd.

Commendable imagination on your part! A true delight for all...

Hey MM,

That is an odd one. Havent heard of that. Sounds like an FSX quirk as I used stock animation attach points for the canopy and doors. Maybe they had to hot wire certain animations (make doors closed on video saves). Good to know. Thanks for the heads up.

Bill

SADT
June 21st, 2010, 22:55
Hi,

Looking good, I dont normally go for low & slow as variable pitch and supp. oxy in my GA are my normal choice, but those curves and massive gear look jaw droppingly spectacular

It is almost as if it is the Hughes H-1 racer, but seats two and travels a hole lot further.

(Checking my worthless Zimbabwean oops... New Zealand $$ to check if I have enough dough...)
:applause::applause::applause:

Cleartheprop
June 21st, 2010, 23:37
I have the Texture Swap-Out kits online and ready for those that would like to change out their textures for the opposite versions.

Download links are here;
http://lionheartworld.net/ps/PS_High_Rez_Textures_Package.zip
http://lionheartworld.net/ps/PS_Low_Rez_Textures_Package.zip

If you have the HD, get the Low Rez. If you have the regular pack, get the High Rez kit. Just drop them in and let the overwrite the textures. The 'smart' thing to do is to create a backup folder in the Skylark aircraft folder and drop the original textures in there and 'then' install the new swap-out kit.

Bill

Thanks for the additional textures!
Love this bird! :ernae:

Javis
June 22nd, 2010, 00:26
I'd like to add my admiration for this beauty here too but i can't because i'm not allowed to go near it..... :frown:

I bought the HD version via Simmarket... payed for, downloaded, installed within minutes no questions asked. Tumbnails are there alright but clicking one only delivers this : "Visual model could not be displayed" , also a pop-up dialog that says "FBDS License Invalid" ...

Anybody else bought this beauty via Simmarket ?.....

Normally no problems at all with stuff i buy via Simmarket, if a license or reg. number is needed it will be displayed with the order info. Nothing like that with the Skylark order however...

During installation i was not asked for any license number neither ....

Why me, lord ??....

Any help highly appreciated ! I want my Skylark ! :crybaby:

cheers,
jan

Lionheart
June 22nd, 2010, 02:39
Hey Jan,

arrgh!

Try redownloading it. Its missing the 3D object thing that allows the sound system to work.

Bill

JimC1702
June 22nd, 2010, 02:58
Hey Jim,

That was a huge issue. Moving forward and then looking down via Spacebar/Mouse enables you to see it and mouse click it. You cant click it if polygons are blocking you from it.

I tried installing a camera view for that (as well as the center switches) but the camera view wouldnt function for the Knee switch box. I had it in there, tried modifying it several ways, and it just wouldnt function.

But... The good news is, this afternoon, I was talking with Dwight, my gauge guru, and we are creating a popup of the box that will have the switches in plain view, and I am adding 3 more for a fictional auto pilot; AP On, HDG Lock, ALT Lock. It kind of makes the plane 'unclean' in its historic pureness, but the switches are half way covered and having the popup will enable you to see them perfect. Hopefully the update will be out by Wed. I also want to add a fuel selector popup.

I also need to finish up that Breightling paint scheme and upload it.

Bill

Thanks Bill, that's great news!

Jim

Lionheart
June 22nd, 2010, 11:42
Looks like the update is pushed back to the weekend now.

Bill

dvj
June 22nd, 2010, 12:56
Wow! I just fell out of my friggen chair!

Javis
June 22nd, 2010, 15:13
Try redownloading it. Its missing the 3D object thing that allows the sound system to work.

Touch down!! Yiiihaaaa!!! :jump:

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/skylark.jpg

Thanks, Bill. Followed your advice and redownloaded from another server and there she was. This girl played hard to get, makes me even more exited she's mine now. Hehe... What a beauty !!

Reminds me of an old episode of Top Gear i just saw in which Jeremy Clarkson tests a Rolls Royce Phantom. No nonsense quality, luxery and beauty. That's just what your Skylark feels like. Does sound good too, eh ?.. Rolls Royce Skylark... :)

Might fit in a mahogany panel for my own pleasure, that is if you haven't such plans yourself of course..;)

Thanks a lot for this remarkable wonder, Bill, you and your tream did a magnificent job on it ! :applause::ernae::applause:

Cheers,
Jan

Lionheart
June 22nd, 2010, 15:32
Thanks Jan. :salute:

Glad its working right for you. Its amazing that downloads work as well as they do. Incredible technology, being able to download all this software.

Bill

tracyq144
June 22nd, 2010, 16:25
Just bought and downloaded it 'cause I love vintage a/c, and I want to encourage more planes like this one.

I have a 64bit OS (Vista), and just had to point it to FSX manually, otherwise simple .exe install.

Haven't flown it yet, but that is next! (Can't fly now, Deadliest Catch is on!!!! )

Javis
June 22nd, 2010, 19:17
Here's that mahogany panel i was dreaming about..

If there's any interest in it i'll be happy to upload it here. If that's alright with Bill of course.

Cheers,
Jan

SADT
June 22nd, 2010, 21:00
Looking as if I may have to change my avatar...

BTW - even though that wood panel is not authentic, it looks as if it were so!

SADT
June 22nd, 2010, 21:16
Hi,

Is it just me and my MacBook, or is the Skylark Team logo and credits list over-laid over the Q&A on the Skylark web page?

peter12213
June 23rd, 2010, 01:51
I have to say the sound on this is awesome, I really think this bird is a bargain, and Jan I'd also love to have that mahogany Panel, it looks great in this aircraft!

txnetcop
June 23rd, 2010, 02:19

If there's any interest in it i'll be happy to upload it here. If that's alright with Bill of course.

Cheers,
Jan

If it passes the Lionheart OK please upload that panel!! Thanks Jan
Ted

Lionheart
June 23rd, 2010, 05:52

Cheers,
Jan

Brilliant panel Jan!

Will you be uploading that? I like the leather covering over the map box door. Nice touch!

Bill

Lionheart
June 23rd, 2010, 05:53
Hi,

Is it just me and my MacBook, or is the Skylark Team logo and credits list over-laid over the Q&A on the Skylark web page?

Thats a flaw with some internet navigators. My iPad does the same thing, but in Safari on the main computer, its fine. It may be a thing with smaller screens using stock fonts. I use Yahoo Sitebuilder which can have some bugs with some navigators.

Thanks though for the heads up. Might have been something else.

Bill

Lionheart
June 23rd, 2010, 05:56
Just bought and downloaded it 'cause I love vintage a/c, and I want to encourage more planes like this one.

I have a 64bit OS (Vista), and just had to point it to FSX manually, otherwise simple .exe install.

Haven't flown it yet, but that is next! (Can't fly now, Deadliest Catch is on!!!! )

Hey Tracy,

This does happen, unfortunately. The installer I use is a top of the line payware by ClickTeam, and even with Registry sniffer settings, looking for FSX on a rig, with Windows 64bit, about 10 to 20% of the them will hide FSX, so the installers install into the default location, even if its not there. I have requested an update but they say that they havent heard of such an issue. :d Oh well...

Bill

Nick C
June 23rd, 2010, 10:48
I'm another one willing to install a Mahogany panel! :applause:

Stan V.
June 23rd, 2010, 12:07

Cheers,
Jan

Jan, It looks great. Please do post your Mahogany panel... Stan

tracyq144
June 23rd, 2010, 12:17
Hey Tracy,

This does happen, unfortunately. The installer I use is a top of the line payware by ClickTeam, and even with Registry sniffer settings, looking for FSX on a rig, with Windows 64bit, about 10 to 20% of the them will hide FSX, so the installers install into the default location, even if its not there. I have requested an update but they say that they havent heard of such an issue. :d Oh well...

Bill

Oh, hey, not complaining at all, just the opposite, in fact.

If I can get it installed, anyone can get it installed.

warchild
June 23rd, 2010, 12:33
isnt there a flight1 registry fix that fixes the path issue??

falcon409
June 23rd, 2010, 12:47
isnt there a flight1 registry fix that fixes the path issue??
Yep Pam, right here:
http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

warchild
June 23rd, 2010, 12:57
:salute::jump:
Cool beans ;) .. I hope this helps out then :).. FSX can be confusing enough without the OS throwing a boomerang into the works..

Javis
June 23rd, 2010, 16:32
Ok, Skylark lovers, here's a highly polished, dark mahogany panel for you to fit inside your Skylark VC if you like. It comes in two 'bezel styles' , one is of the indented type, as per the original panel, and the other features bezels of the raised type. The choice is yours.

The latter is shown in the earlier screenie, here's how the indented style looks :

Just uploaded here at the SOH lib. It's in de skins department but you might be able to pick it up now if you check 'What's New' . ( file name is 'skylark_mahogany_pnl.zip'

Remember this is not of the cheapish veneer kind but pure honest real wood ( tip: cloth and polish are in the gloves department, please use it every now and then ) so the Skylark has become a kilo or two heavier. However i didn't notice any significant different behaviour in the flight characteristics so it's most likely you will find non either. Use at your own risk though. :costum:

Bill, thanks a lot for your permission ! :salute:

Cheers,
Jan

falcon409
June 23rd, 2010, 17:03
Ohhhh baby, that'll go nice with my maroon and gold Skylark. . .thanks Javis, well done.:salute:

UPDATE: Well, I really don't get the new uploads system. If you go to the FSX Addons link, it gives you the disclaimer page and you have to "accept", which then puts you into the actual downloads sections and the "Skins" link is hi-lited and even shows that your entry has been uploaded (June 23rd), but if you click on the link, it's not there, lol. If you try the "what's new" section, it isn't there either. Oh well, I'll just keep watching.

falcon409
June 24th, 2010, 05:11
Still not showing up:wiggle:

Javis
June 24th, 2010, 08:10
Heya Falcon, well, somebody must've found it, download reads 1.... hehe

Not sure about the new upload system either. To me the file immidiately showed in the What's New department after i uploaded it....

Hope it'll be available today..:)

cheers,
jan

falcon409
June 24th, 2010, 08:24
Ok, I know in the past, even with a link from someone who had already downloaded a new file it wouldn't work, lol. Just seems that some are locked out and others aren't. No one has ever explained why this happens, or exactly what the wait time should be or how long it takes for a new upload to be available.

DaveKDEN
June 24th, 2010, 09:44
Ok, I know in the past, even with a link from someone who had already downloaded a new file it wouldn't work, lol. Just seems that some are locked out and others aren't. No one has ever explained why this happens, or exactly what the wait time should be or how long it takes for a new upload to be available.

I can't find it either Falcon.

Thoe6969
June 24th, 2010, 09:46
Ok, Skylark lovers, here's a highly polished, dark mahogany panel for you to fit inside your Skylark VC if you like. It comes in two 'bezel styles' , one is of the indented type, as per the original panel, and the other features bezels of the raised type. The choice is yours.

The latter is shown in the earlier screenie, here's how the indented style looks :

Just uploaded here at the SOH lib. It's in de skins department but you might be able to pick it up now if you check 'What's New' . ( file name is 'skylark_mahogany_pnl.zip'

Remember this is not of the cheapish veneer kind but pure honest real wood ( tip: cloth and polish are in the gloves department, please use it every now and then ) so the Skylark has become a kilo or two heavier. However i didn't notice any significant different behaviour in the flight characteristics so it's most likely you will find non either. Use at your own risk though. :costum:

Bill, thanks a lot for your permission ! :salute:

Cheers,
Jan Thanks, I like it a lot. allways was fond of wood panels:applause:

falcon409
June 24th, 2010, 09:58
Lol, this is kinda ridiculous. Some have it, others can't find it, lol. If I go to "What's New". . .it isn't there no matter how many times I hit the refresh button. . .if I go through the various links to get to FSX Addons and then go to "skins" it isn't there either.

. . . . .AND, lol, I just did a search through the downloads section for the zip file name and it came up with nothing, lol.

Stan V.
June 24th, 2010, 10:04
Lol, this is kinda ridiculous. Some have it, others can't find it, lol. If I go to "What's New". . .it isn't there no matter how many times I hit the refresh button. . .if I go through the various links to get to FSX Addons and then go to "skins" it isn't there either.

. . . . .AND, lol, I just did a search through the downloads section for the zip file name and it came up with nothing, lol.

Same for me - what's happening? http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon8.gif

Lionheart
June 24th, 2010, 12:22
Just uploaded my new Yellow paint scheme.

Features;
* Breitling vintage logo on yellow with black stripes paint scheme
* Black leather seat
* Brushed Aluminum panel
* Black leather canopy cover

If you want to keep the panel black, (I half way like black better then silver on the yellow paint scheme), then just leave out the 'Skylark_Panel' texture. Same with the seat. If you like brown better, leave out the Skylark_Seat texture.

You can find this in the FSX Skins section under 'lionheart' as the submission. (I have no idea how to post/obtain the download page link as I think it shows your ID number).

Enjoy. I was going to put some mud on the landing gear and thought... man.. that would be really bad. Mud would not stick to such a cool paint scheme with Breitling on it!

:d1117811179

Henry
June 24th, 2010, 12:28
i just moderated them
ya'll good to go
H

Peritas
June 24th, 2010, 13:25
Thanks Lionheart for the aircraft and the yellow paint!
In my opinion the silver panel is very good for Breitling's aircraft: so it is a very racer aircraft!
Thanks again!

Luca

Paul Anderson
June 24th, 2010, 17:47
Liking the yellow a lot ... folks with the HD version will need to add '_HD' to config line
sim=Pasped_Skylark to be able to use. (sim=Pasped_Skylark_HD)

Lionheart
June 24th, 2010, 19:21
oops... Thanks Paul. Totally forgot. I'll see about editing that package as soon as possible. (about to cook dinner presently).

Nice screenshots!

Bill

dvj
June 24th, 2010, 20:16
Just uploaded my new Yellow paint scheme.

Features;
* Breitling vintage logo on yellow with black stripes paint scheme
* Black leather seat
* Brushed Aluminum panel
* Black leather canopy cover

If you want to keep the panel black, (I half way like black better then silver on the yellow paint scheme), then just leave out the 'Skylark_Panel' texture. Same with the seat. If you like brown better, leave out the Skylark_Seat texture.

You can find this in the FSX Skins section under 'lionheart' as the submission. (I have no idea how to post/obtain the download page link as I think it shows your ID number).

Enjoy. I was going to put some mud on the landing gear and thought... man.. that would be really bad. Mud would not stick to such a cool paint scheme with Breitling on it!

Very nice! how about giving the pilot sunglasses and a hat? Too much UV out there!

dvj
June 25th, 2010, 05:21

Rezabrya
June 25th, 2010, 13:22
I just got back from vacation and I saw this. I went to see the product page to see if I could afford it and I was greatly surprised. $12.00 bucks? Downloading now! :jump:

thunder100
June 27th, 2010, 09:45
113961139511394Hi

I made it an AI plane,put some others there as well,used the CAlClassic KEYW scenery-->here we are

Just not yet an idea howe to get rid of the 3 buildings in front of the Terminal

Roland

PS:still need to repair the AI Perspex Prop
PPS:the Cars are our of Bills Bugatti package

dswo
June 27th, 2010, 14:17
Bill Lyons would be proud (again).

The Breitling Skylark in its native habitat:

Lionheart
June 27th, 2010, 17:41
Thanks David,

Bill Lyons was my first tutor in making planes for FS8. Great guy.

Roland,

For some reason, on your AI plane, the bump maps arent working. Note the reverse shading, which happens when no bump maps are present. Odd with the prop as well. I wonder if AI turns off bump mapping? Perhaps you created a seperate folder for the Skylark AI version and had minimalized all the textures?

Dont mean to bring it up. Just hate to see it not functioning properly. (Whats wrong with my child!? lol).

Bill

thunder100
June 28th, 2010, 00:52
Bill-All my mistake-your baby is fine

In order to create an AI I reduce texture number as much as possible and as I have no functoning DDS.viewer I could not find prop texture.

I simply move over from texture folder in the AI folder what is missing and then it should be fine(I just deleted the texture cfg which turned out semi bright.

After repair I post a new shot

Lionheart
June 28th, 2010, 10:01
Hey Roland,

Roger that. Whewww... I was hoping is wasnt something I had forgotten for the DX10 version..

I am getting used to my heart missing a few beats.

Really odd how the shading of the textures flips upsidedown when bump maps malfunction.

Bill

gajit
June 29th, 2010, 14:12
Hi Bill

Its probably fair to say that I have not always been a fan of some of your earlier products but this one is excellent. In fact I liked it so much i got tempted by your Epic Victory which is almost as good.

I am now converted :salute:

I now eagerly await what ever you produce next

Regards GJ

italoc
June 30th, 2010, 05:50
Hi Bill

Its probably fair to say that I have not always been a fan of some of your earlier products but this one is excellent. In fact I liked it so much i got tempted by your Epic Victory which is almost as good.

I am now converted :salute:

I now eagerly await what ever you produce next

Regards GJ
That summarize my thought 100%
Bravo Bill
What next ????
Italo

warchild
June 30th, 2010, 09:52
Bravo Bill
What next ????
Italo

I have to laugh here.. as mentioned in another thread Bills next project is the Boeing BWB, which i've also started on already, but for me, theres a second project happening consecutively for another developer. Its a boeing PT-17 Stearman.. Both of them have so very much to teach me, and yet its like having the entire history of boeing on my drawing board all at once.

Lionheart
June 30th, 2010, 10:55
Bravo Bill
What next ????
Italo

Hey Italo,

My birds range radically, from vintage to modern to concept.

Another low cost, low and slow bird will be the Fanliner. That should be a wild and fun little bird. Pretty way out there though in looks.

Present list in order of assembly que;
* Boeing BWB B-797 airliner; freeware
* Aerospool WT-9 Dynamic; RG and FG versions
* Fanliner
* Avenlina 4 place, similar to a Cirrus SR22
* Robin DR500 President

Possibles;
* Fairchild 24R
* Sonex Jet
* Learfan 2100 turboprop pusher

warchild
June 30th, 2010, 11:10
and i thought "I" had a full plate :;chuckles::

heywooood
June 30th, 2010, 20:03
I have to laugh here.. as mentioned in another thread Bills next project is the Boeing BWB, which i've also started on already, but for me, theres a second project happening consecutively for another developer. Its a boeing PT-17 Stearman.. Both of them have so very much to teach me, and yet its like having the entire history of boeing on my drawing board all at once.

PT-17 you say...???

warchild
June 30th, 2010, 23:35
::chuckles:: yup.. PT-17 stearman.. Paul and i both are studying the manuals for it right now.. it'll be a fun project and hopefully, a great plane to fly..
Pam

heywooood
July 2nd, 2010, 18:41
great news this :salute: PT17 talk is...

looking to get the Skylark from LCC asap, to get BOT

Lionheart
July 2nd, 2010, 20:01
Hey all,

Playing in paints this fine Friday evening. Nothing better to do, lol..

Cream and Green. Got this theme from a Miles Falcon. I dont know if the paint is 'done'. The cream almost looks a bit too yellow. I took it right off the photo of the Miles Falcon, so that is correct. I wanted to keep the same N-number.

Lionheart
July 2nd, 2010, 20:02
Some more screenshots...

dswo
July 3rd, 2010, 01:50
Is there an easy way to reduce the opacity of the windscreen? I'm not suggesting it's wrong, just want to enjoy the scenery more.

gajit
July 3rd, 2010, 02:34
That green and cream is a great choice :ernae:

dvj
July 3rd, 2010, 08:07
Post it, Post it! Pilot needs sunglasses, hat and a headset! :salute: Love this model!

Lionheart
July 3rd, 2010, 08:36
Is there an easy way to reduce the opacity of the windscreen? I'm not suggesting it's wrong, just want to enjoy the scenery more.

Hey David,

There isnt. Its a physical dialed in property. I am sorry many.

Oddly, its barely visible on my rig. I wonder if this is one of those graphics cards anomollies that is different throughout everyones computers? I tried to make the interior plexi as barely noticeable as possible, so that you knew it was there, but could barely see it. I too hate reflections and things in the VC. As a matter of fact, I normally leave the interior plexi out, but had complaints from people of the missing interior plexi, so I started putting it in there.

I'll post this paint online later today. I might do a couple of more.

Bill
LHC

Lionheart
July 3rd, 2010, 10:23
Hey all,

Build 1.1 is now out. I havent updated the website to reflect this. You are first to know.

Modifications carried out to the vintage classic:

* Kneebox Switch Cubby popup screen added
* Fuel Selector Popup added
* Prop disc redone
* Anomolly flaw in lower windscreen frame (bend) corrected, both sides
* Thickness of windscreen plexi in front matched to main plexi canopy thickness
* Addition of Auto Pilot system installed, basic operation, Alt. Lock, Heading Lock.
* Corrected Specular issues on Wings, Tail, Canopy structure in their FSX materials

Sorry that it cant be just a small update fix file. It covers the MDL file, textures, config file, gauges, etc. Just have to redownload the entire thing. But... Its only about 50 megs, so it shouldnt be too painful. I highly recommend this. Having the new popup Kneebox cubby is nice. Also, getting rid of that eye-sore 'bend' in the windscreen frame is a relief. (It was driving me crazy).

David,

My apologies, but this has no fixes to the plexi transparency percentage.

Enjoy.

SimMarket probably will not have the update until either tomorrow or Monday morning. The Skylark is presently not available at PCAviator.

Bill
LHC

Roger
July 3rd, 2010, 10:55
Hi Bill, I downloaded it from your site using paypal, how do I download the update?

Lionheart
July 3rd, 2010, 11:23
Hi Bill, I downloaded it from your site using paypal, how do I download the update?

Hey Roger,

Very easy. Go to here; https://www.payloadz.com/buy/history.asp and enter your name, email address and a general time of the purchase date and it should show you all purchases and you can click on one you need to redownload. If its expired, then simply click the 'Request New Download' form, fill that out and send it in and a link comes back to you.

The page is located on the 'buying' page at www.payloadz.com Just look for 'buying history' if you dont have that link and you'll find everything from there. If not, just email me and I can search it as well.

Bill

Roger
July 3rd, 2010, 12:27

Cleartheprop
July 3rd, 2010, 12:35
Hey Roger,

Very easy. Go to here; https://www.payloadz.com/buy/history.asp and enter your name, email address and a general time of the purchase date and it should show you all purchases and you can click on one you need to redownload. If its expired, then simply click the 'Request New Download' form, fill that out and send it in and a link comes back to you.

The page is located on the 'buying' page at www.payloadz.com Just look for 'buying history' if you dont have that link and you'll find everything from there. If not, just email me and I can search it as well.

Bill

Hello Bill,
I tried to have access to this website but have no username nor password for this page.
Still don't figure out how to get this update.
Thanks for your help!
http://www.cleartheprop.com/orbx/Image5.jpg

Lionheart
July 3rd, 2010, 15:14
Hey Mirage,

I dont think you need one. Try going to the 'Buying/Purchase History' page and see if you can access your order from there.

I believe name and password are for people that sell things in there.

Bill

dvj
July 3rd, 2010, 15:33
It says you must be logged in to access the sales history area.

Lionheart
July 3rd, 2010, 16:31
hmm.. Thats odd.

Being that its a sister company of PayPal, I wonder if it uses that to log in by?

In the mean time, anyone that IM's me their email address they used for the purchase, I can look them up and send out a redownload code.

Bill

Lionheart
July 3rd, 2010, 16:56
Well, there is an issue with the 'regular' version Skylark installer. I am running the compiler again. Should be online in about an hour. arrgh.

My humble apologies for the holdback. The regular version will be offline until the new file is up.

Bill

Lionheart
July 3rd, 2010, 18:19
Installers now running properly.

flaviossa
July 4th, 2010, 10:21
Any news for the update in the simmarket store?
I´m anxious to test it! :jump:

Thanks!

Lionheart
July 4th, 2010, 11:24
Hey Flaviossa,

I have let them know. Its Sunday evening there, so I cant make any promises.

Bill

flaviossa
July 4th, 2010, 11:53
Thanks Bill,
Sometimes i forget that we´re talking in here but we´re in all over the world .... :salute:

Lionheart
July 4th, 2010, 15:20
Cream and Green paintscheme is uploaded.

Comes with a green leather interior.

Dont forget to place the 'Skylark_CreamAndGreen.jpg' screenshot in the main Skylark folder.

File located in FSX Skins in Addon section in SOH.

Bill

Roger
July 4th, 2010, 15:25
Looking forward to the "Cream and Green"

In the meanwhile out of 3W5 PNW...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/skylark-4.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/skylark-5.jpg

Lionheart
July 5th, 2010, 08:31
Awesome scenery there Roger!

Nice screenshots.

Bill

dswo
July 6th, 2010, 04:51
Cream and Green paintscheme is uploaded.

Comes with a green leather interior.

Dont forget to place the 'Skylark_CreamAndGreen.jpg' screenshot in the main Skylark folder.

File located in FSX Skins in Addon section in SOH.

Does this show up for anyone yet?

alpine
July 6th, 2010, 07:44
Yes, it shows up, but nothing to download, lol..

Cheers, Thilo

Lionheart
July 6th, 2010, 07:52
Does this show up for anyone yet?

Now thats odd. I uploaded it the other day. The Yellow paintscheme is still there.

I'll upload it again and see what happens.

Bill

Lionheart
July 6th, 2010, 08:00
I just reuploaded it. I couldnt even find it.

It isnt showing online yet, but when (if) it goes online, its in FSX Skins, run a search on Skylark Cream and Green.

Bill

Paul Anderson
July 6th, 2010, 13:13
Ditto.

Roger
July 6th, 2010, 13:20
Ditto.

Same here! There's no download button???

Lionheart
July 6th, 2010, 16:00
Works for me. There is a small white box with a red arrow above it pointing down (download icon) right above the plane picture at left. Click that, goes to another page, bigger view. Click again, goes into download mode.

:d

Might be your browsers. Try a diff browser. I am in Safari, by the people that make iPhones for right handed people....

Bill

modelr
July 6th, 2010, 16:51
Bill, it's still showing the file/picture, but no download button. Clicking on the picture opens your website for the Skylark, clicking on the title opens the second page for the file, but no download button.

It seems that the uploader gets to download his/her own file immediately, but we (the uploader) never actually knows when it's available to the community. I'm not so sure I like this new forum software. Maybe ickie can look into it?

I can see the file I uploaded yesterday to the FS2004 library, but don't know if anyone else sees it yet.

Thoe6969
July 6th, 2010, 16:58
No download button here.

heywooood
July 6th, 2010, 18:39
haven't tried for the new paint yet...but I gotta say I love this Golden Age, spatted monoplane gem Bill

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/heywooood/2010-7-6_19-0-23-826.jpg

sweet

dswo
July 6th, 2010, 18:41
Weird. If I click on the other items' images or titles, Firefox starts to download a file. When I do that here, it takes me to the "Accept or Decline" page, then opens Bill's website.

heywooood
July 6th, 2010, 19:19
ok - got the Breitling paint installed....great looking inside and out...thanks Bill - this is a fun flier

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/heywooood/2010-7-6_19-59-31-576.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/heywooood/2010-7-6_19-56-25-560.jpg

Cleartheprop
July 6th, 2010, 22:26
I see no download button. I use Google Chrome.

Roger
July 7th, 2010, 04:33
Download button is there now.:ernae:

Lionheart
July 7th, 2010, 05:59
Just found out that it needed to be approved. I didnt know that.

If you dont like that green interior, just take out the 2 'interior' files that are in the GreenAndCream pack and the interior will show up in default grey with brown seat.

Bill

dswo
July 7th, 2010, 10:19
HD owners will need to alter the new sim= line of aircraft.cfg to read:

[fltsim.4]
title=Skylark 05
sim=Pasped_Skylark_HD
model=

Cleartheprop
July 7th, 2010, 11:20
HD owners will need to alter the new sim= line of aircraft.cfg to read:

[fltsim.4]
title=Skylark 05
sim=Pasped_Skylark_HD
model=

Same procedure with the Breitling livery.

Roger
July 7th, 2010, 12:04
Cheers Bill:ernae:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/skylark-8.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/skylark-9.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/skylark-10.jpg

Roger
July 7th, 2010, 12:49
"Greened up" the plexi a little...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/skylark-11.jpg

Roger
July 7th, 2010, 13:33
Hmmmm...yes I do like this aircraft and this paint:wavey:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/skylark-12.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/skylark-13.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/skylark-14.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/skylark-15.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/skylark-16.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/skylark-17.jpg

Lionheart
July 7th, 2010, 14:57
Man Roger, that green plexi looks brilliant! Love it...

What did you do to your prop disc? Did you darken the Alpha? Nice tough. Looks like a BB Special.

Bill

modelr
July 7th, 2010, 15:05
Yes Roger. What did you do to your plexi and prop??

Looks great. Will you post??

Roger
July 7th, 2010, 23:00
Yes Roger. What did you do to your plexi and prop??

Looks great. Will you post??

With Bill's permission I'll post them later on after work.

Bill I did darken the prop Alpha...should have made it clear that it's my edit and not the original, for people who prefer a stronger prop disk.

Lionheart
July 7th, 2010, 23:10
With Bill's permission I'll post them later on after work.

Absolutely! Please post them. :d

Roger
July 8th, 2010, 13:34
Drop these textures in your "Green and Cream" texture folder. Don't put them in your main Skylark texture folder unless you back up the originals first!

Lionheart
July 8th, 2010, 14:12
Drop these textures in your "Green and Cream" texture folder. Don't put them in your main Skylark texture folder unless you back up the originals first!

Roger, Roger... :d

scotsman
July 8th, 2010, 14:19
That's it - thank you all for your great work

Mike

Paul_Yorks
July 8th, 2010, 15:00
This looks terrific - can anyone comment (since I can't find a vid) on the visibility from the pit?

It looks really restricted, from the outside shots, but much less so, from the VC ones. And in PNW, where I'd fly her, I'd like to be able to see plenty, from inside.

A positive answer will release my wallet!

Thanks.

Lionheart
July 8th, 2010, 21:03
Over the top of the cowling, visibility is a bit tight, but not as bad as it looks from outside views. Shots of the guy in exterior mode looks like it would be heck to see forward out of. In the plane in FS, it is pretty fair. Side viz is great.

Lets see if anyone else posts on visibility. Get a nuetral report.

Bill

Paul_Yorks
July 9th, 2010, 10:58
l'll take your word for it Bill. Flight 1 wrapper gives me an option anyway, but frankly given the price point, it'd be churlish of me not to have a go!

Thanks for the reply. 3 minutes till download complete :)

Paul_Yorks
July 9th, 2010, 12:26
It's lovely.

No problems with vis. Obviously, like any taildragger, you can have issues on the runway - but once airborne, there's plenty of glass (better still, pull back the canopy to get a "clear" view).

Glad I didn't let vis put me off. Lovely job, Bill, thanks.

Roger
July 9th, 2010, 13:05
It's lovely.

No problems with vis. Obviously, like any taildragger, you can have issues on the runway - but once airborne, there's plenty of glass (better still, pull back the canopy to get a "clear" view).

Glad I didn't let vis put me off. Lovely job, Bill, thanks.

I'm glad you did Paul!
I'd have thought from the plethora of screenshots it would have been clear that it's a superb model and I bet Bill's kicking himself that he released it so cheap!

Cleartheprop
July 9th, 2010, 13:24
I find the VC forward view much better than most of WWII aircraft in FSX.
Here is the regular VC view: http://www.cleartheprop.com/images/skylark/cockpit.jpg
I created a "Fool Window" view to be able to taxi (canopy open) with my head to the left, one eye outside as I stretch my neck out to the left. It is more comfortable. Here is the code I added to my aircraft.cfg :
[CameraDefinition.XX]
Title = "FOOL WINDOW"
Guid = {CD089D78-FC8E-486c-9EF7-F0A458E1F9DF}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = No
SnapPbhAdjust = None
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = None
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.65
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=TRUE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=20
HeadingPanRate=60
InitialXyz=-0.25, 0.0, -0.32
InitialPbh=15.5, 0, 0

Here is the view I get :
http://www.cleartheprop.com/images/skylark/fool%20window.jpg
Love this plane. :ernae:

heywooood
July 9th, 2010, 15:53
well - thats nicely done, isn't it...;)

MM
July 9th, 2010, 16:48
Hi Bill,

Like many others, I purchased through PayPal. (Never again?)

It sure would be nice to be able to obtain the update without having to send a one-on-one PM to you. (I'll do this, but I guess that I'm expressing a sense of expectations about obtaining updates.)

Just a suggestion ...

Best,
Mike

Lionheart
July 9th, 2010, 18:16
Hi Bill,

Like many others, I purchased through PayPal. (Never again?)

It sure would be nice to be able to obtain the update without having to send a one-on-one PM to you. (I'll do this, but I guess that I'm expressing a sense of expectations about obtaining updates.)

Just a suggestion ...

Best,
Mike

Hey Mike,

With PayLoadz, it standard procedure. So that everyone knows, to get the update, you simply sign up for a free membership to www.payloadz.com Then when you need an update, you just go to Payloadz.com, look up your Buying/History, find the plane you want, select it, click Request Reload form, say 'I need another Bill', and soon a link is sent to your email. Easy.

They recently made it that you have to sign in, even just customers. They must have been hit with spam bots or something to require this. I have to sign in every time myself, but only the password.

I hope that helps.

Mike, your link was IM'd you just now.

Bill

Lionheart
July 9th, 2010, 18:18
I find the VC forward view much better than most of WWII aircraft in FSX.
Here is the regular VC view: http://www.cleartheprop.com/images/skylark/cockpit.jpg
I created a "Fool Window" view to be able to taxi (canopy open) with my head to the left, one eye outside as I stretch my neck out to the left. It is more comfortable. Here is the code I added to my aircraft.cfg :
[CameraDefinition.XX]
Title = "FOOL WINDOW"
Guid = {CD089D78-FC8E-486c-9EF7-F0A458E1F9DF}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = No
SnapPbhAdjust = None
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = None
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.65
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=TRUE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=20
HeadingPanRate=60
InitialXyz=-0.25, 0.0, -0.32
InitialPbh=15.5, 0, 0

Here is the view I get :
http://www.cleartheprop.com/images/skylark/fool%20window.jpg
Love this plane. :ernae:

Mirage,

That is just too cool! I wish I had known/realised that could be done, lol...

Would you mind if I put that in a special section on the Skylark webpage for others to see and check out? I would put in your handle name of course.

Bill

Cleartheprop
July 9th, 2010, 23:40
Mirage,

That is just too cool! I wish I had known/realised that could be done, lol...

Would you mind if I put that in a special section on the Skylark webpage for others to see and check out? I would put in your handle name of course.

Bill
Not a all Bill! Please, use the code at your convenience! :)

MM
July 10th, 2010, 19:54
Just a moment to thank Bill for his update to v1.1 (and his help in getting it) as well as the splendid Green&Cream livery. Thanks to Roger for the new prop and glass textures. And to Jan for the classic mahogany panel. And to MirageIII for the helpful out-of-the-window camera parameters. Great hobby, eh?

Mike

warchild
July 10th, 2010, 21:34
But how does it fly guys????? did i do ok??

glennc
July 10th, 2010, 22:26
It is a great all-around package. When I first saw it, I didn't have a lot of interest in it. Not any more. It flies very well even in dense scenery areas on my 3+ year old PC. I bought it because Bill can do no wrong :salute: and the price was right. For now, it's one of my favorite aircraft - especially with the green and cream(?) paint scheme. :applause:

Glenn

gajit
July 11th, 2010, 00:08

You sure did. :salute:

modelr
July 11th, 2010, 06:23

You did fantastic, Pam. It flies great.

Going to add in Roger's green plexi and prop update now, thanks Roger.

Bill, I love your green and creme scheme.

Mirage, just added your new camera to my config, going to check it out now.

I noticed something when adding it. There are two "Tail" defs, and the numbering is out of order at the second one, making the others invisible.

Looking good

Scenery is the Flight Sim Design's San Diego Photoreal. Not impressed, the autogen is mostly wrong, and very very lite. Also, the required altitude for sharp textures is at least 3500' AGL. And the bay area is totally goofed up. The only positive is that the textures are much newer than MegaScenery's SoCal X.

Cleartheprop
July 11th, 2010, 07:16
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12394&d=1278858059
Is it my "Fool Window" view that you are using on this shot ? (2nd window)
This view should be used on the ground (or on final) canopy open! :)

modelr
July 11th, 2010, 17:33
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12394&d=1278858059
Is it my "Fool Window" view that you are using on this shot ? (2nd window)
This view should be used on the ground (or on final) canopy open! :)

Yes, it's your view. I grabbed the wrong shot, there. I opened the canopy for the next shot. Was just trying it out. For some reason, I can't get it in the normal view sequence, even tho' I put it in the first position. So, I used it in an extra window so I wouldn't lose it everytime I switched views. Is there some way to put it in the normal rotation???

Cleartheprop
July 11th, 2010, 23:41
Here is the way I use to select the various views.
Right click then select the appropriate view. Here is the limit of my knowledge ! :ernae:
http://www.cleartheprop.com/images/skylark/menu.jpg

Lionheart
July 12th, 2010, 02:11
Hey all,

One of our members found an electrical flaw which was traced to the config file. Seems I have forgotten about assigning a Generator to the engine and system. (smacks self) What happens is that after roughly 10 to 20 min's, depeninding on what all you have running that eats electricity, you will run out of battery and the electrics will fail (lights go out, auto pilot shuts off.

Thanks Forest for discovering the issue. Most appreciated.

I will have an update soon for this. Just needs a tweak to the config, or loading the fixed config for those that do not know about how to edit config files.

The update should be out in a few days and I should have a download fix in a few hours.

For those that havent edited a config file before, navigate to the Skylark folder, right click on the 'aircraft.cfg' file, select Open With... and then select Windows Notepad. In Notepad, navigate down to the 'Electrical' section and locate the verbage below. Change, and save. For those in Windows 7 and vista (cough), you may need to have your 'safeties' off as windows doesnt like people tampering with config files.

Edit the section here;

electrical
engine_generator_map = 0,0 // <---- wrong

Change 0,0 to 1,0 like so....

electrical
engine_generator_map = 1,0 // <---- fixed

My humble apologies.

Bill

SADT
July 12th, 2010, 02:42
MirageIII,

Is it called a fool window because you would look like a fool looking out of that on approach.
From the the Tower "That man is always trying to get the girls by doing stupid stunts on approach, look at him now, the fool sticking his head out on approach..."

Cleartheprop
July 12th, 2010, 03:33
MirageIII,

Is it called a fool window because you would look like a fool looking out of that on approach.
From the the Tower "That man is always trying to get the girls by doing stupid stunts on approach, look at him now, the fool sticking his head out on approach..."

Exactly SADT; I think it refers to the pilot who stretches his neck out of the cockpit to be able to see something on final...
That's how my instructor called the small side window in the citation cockpit! :ernae:

Cleartheprop
July 12th, 2010, 03:42
typing mistake...

Lionheart
July 13th, 2010, 11:26
Playing around.

I was wondering what it would look like with Staggerwing Beech landing gear, how clean it would look airborn.

pilottj
July 13th, 2010, 13:16
wow yeah haha, give it retract and give it a PW R-985 450hp upgrade and you will have a real hotrod there :icon_eek::icon_lol:

SADT
July 13th, 2010, 14:11
Hi Bill,

I know it would be a lot of work, though do you think you might be able to make a Skylark RG?!!!!

pilottj
July 13th, 2010, 14:24
I think back in the day when Bill Lyons made his great Globe Swift for 2k2, he made the stock version and also a 'what if' hot rod version. So the Skylark might be ripe for some hotrod STCing hehe

modelr
July 13th, 2010, 15:30
I think back in the day when Bill Lyons made his great Globe Swift for 2k2, he made the stock version and also a 'what if' hot rod version. So the Skylark might be ripe for some hotrod STCing hehe

Yep, he did make a hot rod version, and it was/is great! Awesome sound to it, too! It's at Flightsim.com updated to 2004. Don't forget Leon Louis' three texture sets for it. ccswift4.zip (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=66529)

A hot rodded version of the Skylark would be fun.

Lionheart
July 13th, 2010, 17:22
Thats the plans, a 'racer' version. It will also have a chrome large diameter spinner like a Beech Staggerwing as well.

Wierd how it has the slight sihouette of the famed Hughes racer.

Same soundpack. The floorboard had to come up about 6+ inches for the wheels. Have to bend the pilots legs a bit.

I would so love to do a Amelia Earheart lady model as an option pilot. I am no good at making people models 'specialised', only what Poser 5.0 can put out. I was hoping to get with Feng's students to see if one had the abilities to make fine tuned, mapped pilots, like Amelia, but for some reason, I cant email him. I think the Chinese government still see me as a danger to the Chinese public, lol.. (I was banned from them a few years ago for my Christian statements).

Bill

Rezabrya
July 13th, 2010, 17:48
That completely changes the look of the Skylark. I think it looks good :wavey:

warchild
July 13th, 2010, 18:10
Playing around.

I was wondering what it would look like with Staggerwing Beech landing gear, how clean it would look airborn.

Ya really know how to make a girl whimper Bill.. i want!!!!! ::LOL::

Lionheart
July 13th, 2010, 18:11
Ya really know how to make a girl whimper Bill.. i want!!!!! ::LOL::

lolol.. I think the plane did it Warchild.

Bill

heywooood
July 13th, 2010, 18:39
might you want to clip the wings about 8-14 inches...?

nice Thompson Trophy racer there

warchild
July 13th, 2010, 23:26
hmmm.. i'm kinda wondering.. with clipped wings we could upgrade it to a 250 hp continental and change out the prop. for a smaller diameter 3 blade. top speed around 250 - 275???

SADT
July 14th, 2010, 00:36
Hi Pam,

Just what we need! A 4 seater Hughes H-1! (Now wouldn't it be interesting if we could create a Skylark RG that went faster than the clipped wing H-1!?)

Bill: I have transited through Beijing, and it was a horrible experience. i was was almost thinking about shouting anti-communist slogans but then decided that getting arrested would only add to our troubles. If you want a story with a moral of "Check your travel plans before departure, PM me.

Lionheart
July 14th, 2010, 08:44
Hey Craig,

Sorry to hear that. Yes, not being arrested can be a wise decision, especially in a foreign country. :d

Bill

Lionheart
July 14th, 2010, 08:49
I have released the Update Patch this morning. Its just the config files, one for the regular Skylark, and one for the HD version Skylark.

You can hand edit the config file which if you have repaints, will be the easier route to go.

The patch is here; http://lionheartworld.net/ps/Skylark_Build1.1_Patch.zip

HAND EDITING THE CONFIG
What you can do is navigate to the 'aircraft.cfg' file in your Pasped Skylark folder, right click on the file and select Open With... and select Windows Notepad. When you have the config file open, navigate down to the 'electrical' system as seen below;

[electrical]
engine_generator_map = 0,0
max_battery_voltage = 28.0 //Should be 12v, but software does not work.

Note that the engine generator has 0,0 as the entry. Edit it so that it says 1,0 as follows;

[electrical]
engine_generator_map = 1,0 // <<< CORRECTED TO 1,0
max_battery_voltage = 28.0 //Should be 12v, but software does not work.

Then save and exit out and your plane will now have the Generator restored to the electrical system where in it will charge the battery system and keep it charged. Without the Generator assigned, the battery will die after about 10 to 20 min's of use.

I will later be modifying the compilers to the Build 1.1P, with P being the Patch inclusive version. Presently its still Build 1.1 and will be with the patch as well. (Its too small of an update to change Build series).

Let me know if you have any questions.

The RG Air Racer is on hold (as you might know) until the Boeing Blended Wing is finished. I can then focus down and do a proper job on the RG version Skylark.

Bill

warchild
July 14th, 2010, 14:23
<Evil grin> last one to their part of the RG is a rotten egggggg :::LOL:::

HighGround22
July 14th, 2010, 15:23
. . . I was wondering what it would look like with Staggerwing Beech landing gear, how clean it would look airborn.Ooooohh, la-la! :jump:

heywooood
July 14th, 2010, 15:40
Pasped SKYSTREAK

Lionheart
July 14th, 2010, 16:59
Pasped SKYSTREAK

Hey.... I like that!

dvj
July 14th, 2010, 17:07
[QUOTE=

The RG Air Racer is on hold (as you might know) until the Boeing Blended Wing is finished. I can then focus down and do a proper job on the RG version Skylark.

Bill[/QUOTE]

Uggh! the RG racer would be so much more interesting than a flying tubewingthing.

warchild
July 14th, 2010, 17:23
Uggh! the RG racer would be so much more interesting than a flying tubewingthing.

I've already started in on the engine and prop.. So far the only "drop in" reolacement i can find is the 250 hp R-760E or the 285 hp R-760E1, and being five inches wider than the scarab its still tight fit.. BUT, lopping off 30% of the drag for the wheel pants and another 15% of the induced drag for the clipped wings, i can achieve 170 knots with a three blade constant speed prop. That presents a problem however in that the pasped has a two blade fixed pitch prop, so i'm experimenting.. I neeed to go through the old macauley and other prop catalogs to see what i can come up with..
Guess when i get the depantsed model i'll have to make another too cute paint job and name it scooter :D

Oh yeah.. i also like SkyStreak :) ..

SADT
July 14th, 2010, 23:17
Hi Pam,

I'm sure Bill would be willing to model a 3 bladed prop; after all he will be doing the work of removing the gear. While he's at it maybe he could widen the cowling to fit in a 450 hp PW R985 or even a 600HP PW R985 S-CG With the obligatory turbo to get it up to the flight levels....................

pilottj
July 15th, 2010, 09:48
sort of like the G-17S vs the D-17s Staggerwing. The G model had the larger cowling that was actually a little more flush with the fuselage.

Cheers
TJ

Lionheart
July 15th, 2010, 10:04
Hey all,

eeks.. I cant see the Pasped with a 3 bladed prop. It will need to be a two blade, like the Vega, Fairchilds, and some of the air racers. 3 Blades I just dont think would like right on the girl. Even the infamous Bugatti P100 had two bladed props.

It will look sharp... :d

warchild
July 15th, 2010, 10:13
88 inches of a 3 blade prop would be nice in a fast plane, but besides diameter, i'm looking at weight and a 985 weighs in quite a bit heavier than a 760. Over twice as much I believe ( just woke up and going from memory and very fuzzy thought processes at the moment ). It would so totally throw off the balance of the plane that the wings would most likely have to be moved to the front cowling as well, in a similar manner that curtiss designed the jeep..
pure fantasy is a nice thing, but unless Bill says different, i'd like to keep this in the realm of the backyard mechanic, working with the same limitations and challenges that a real owner of this type plane would have faced were he ( or she ) doing the exact same thing in preparation for entry into the Nationals..
On that 3 blade prop alone, its not just the prop he would have to make. Thats a constant speed prop and he would have to model and program the prop pitch controls for the cabin as well. That's a lot of work for a fantasy ( unless of course SOH wouldnt mind sponsoring an old fashioned air race in the spirit of the pre-war nationals ).

This plane would fall into the same class as the Lockheed Vega or the Beech Staggerwing. Sorry P-36 owners, your in a seperate class going up against the Bee Gee's, jug's and bears.

who knows, it might be fun :) :) and being able to display something like the Bendix award on your desktop still isnt too awful bad ... With entry fees going towards supporting SOH it would be a win win situation all around.. Winners walk away with a trophy ( albeit virtual ) and bragging rights, and SOH gets some of the monetary support it so desperately needs to stay in business for the next year.. :)..

yeahhh.. I think an old fashioned air race would be just the ticket for some summer fun.. and it would give all the backyard mechanics and flight modelers to show off their stuff..

:)
Pam

heywooood
July 16th, 2010, 17:19
a couple of things...

About a virtual Bendix trophy...it could be attached to the winners avatar...like a donation medal, only bigger..

a sufficient two blade prop would look appropriate - the Schneider Cup racers had mostly two-blade props didn't they?

finally - this SOH is such a part of my whole FSX thing, that I just refer to it as one thing...

SfOsHx or FsSoXh

I mean - who doesn't fly a hop in FSX , then come check SOH for a new release or a new topic of interest, then fly a hop in FSX, then wash rinse repeat..who?

Akatsuki
July 17th, 2010, 16:30
Bill, I downloaded the Flight1 wrapper and apparently it's still 1.0 for the HD version, i tried the "normal" and it says "1.1". No big deal as can install the normal version and download the HD textures but i wanted to let you know. :salute:

Paul Anderson
July 17th, 2010, 16:43
When I downloaed it, it also said 1.0, but a subsequent screen said 1.1, so I don't think there's a problem other than the version number initially displayed.

Lionheart
July 17th, 2010, 16:50
Hey guys,

Dang, I think I forgot to change the verbage on the main installer screen. My humble apologies. The best way to tell is the config file. Open the 'aircraft.cfg' file in the planes folder and it should say Build 1.1 at the top.

Also, the 1.1 installing now is 'with' the Patch update.

I'll change that as soon as possible. Thanks for the heads up.

The darn compilers take about 4 hours to run to make the installers, (2). How on earth? Maybe its because of the double sized textures. Normally it takes 15 to 20 min's to make an Installer compilation.

Bill

SADT
July 17th, 2010, 16:58
Hi Bill,

You have a PM.

Akatsuki
July 19th, 2010, 16:04
I finally bought the Skylark, and i do not regret it!
Feels like riding an old Cadillac. Great work Bill!:ernae:

bkeske
July 20th, 2010, 07:55
I guess I'm late for the party, but I bought this last night, and have to add my enthusiasm for this work Bill, wonderful job sir. What an incredibly well put together package; at a price that is an absolute steal.

:salute:

Lionheart
July 23rd, 2010, 09:01
I am thinking of doing a dusty ole white paint scheme. Ive wanted to do it the past 2 weeks now and just havent had the chance. This will be my weekend project.

Maybe some slinged up mud from grass field landings. :d

I wonder if I can put some bugs on the windshield?

flaviossa
July 23rd, 2010, 10:19
Some oil leak perhaps too? :wiggle:

Cleartheprop
July 23rd, 2010, 10:40
Yes that would be great to make her look used and dirty!

mal998
July 23rd, 2010, 11:56
Ths Skylark and PNW...what a combo... http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon14.gif

warchild
July 24th, 2010, 14:58
Ths Skylark and PNW...what a combo... http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon14.gif

:D a man after my own heart :D ..

Hey Bill?? is the racer still a happening thing??

Lionheart
July 24th, 2010, 15:28
Hey Pam,

It is, when I can get this darn Boeing Flying Wing finished. I have been working (wrestling) with getting the high poly/4MM Vertices limits broken and finally and getting some success. I am going to hopefully be done with it this week and then next week will be the Skylark. Just finishing up some VC things in the 797.

Bill

Any modellers and painters for hire? lol...

warchild
July 24th, 2010, 17:04
Awesome Bill.. Thanks..
Give my apologies for slowness to Toz and the gang.. Been up to my ears in meetings and conferences, and the peer support playing field is just heating up.. Lots of projects under my wing so its going to be a fun ride.. but will always have time for you and iris..

Also I'm carefully working on and SU-37 :D .. wish me luck :) :)
OHH.. let me know how that fde worked for you.. I'm holding on it till i find out what you think.. :)..

Matt Wynn
July 24th, 2010, 17:10
Any modellers and painters for hire? lol...

Yup :salute: hey Pam, good to see you about, was wondering where you'd disappeared for a while....

warchild
July 24th, 2010, 17:55
:) hey youuu. :) i could say the same.. life got insane in a good way.. got three planes i'm working on atm, and i put the railroad stuff on hold, and yeah, CPASHC is taking a lot of work.. I want to train and build a first responder team and have it ready to deploy this time next year.. Have started negotiations with CISM International so we'll see how that goes :)..

SADT
July 24th, 2010, 18:09
Bill and Pam,

Remember, last one to thier part of the RG Racer is a Rotten egg!:icon_lol::icon_lol:

warchild
July 24th, 2010, 18:39
::LOL:: i hear that :) :) ..
for my part, i can get the plane to I THINK a little over 200 mph, but thats not good enough yet.. A lockheed vega flying the nationals won at 238 mph, soo,, i've got a ways to go yet.. Maybe finding some weight to drop, but it really doesnt have a lot of extra weight to it..

Just as an aside.. The year the pasped was made was one of the last years that GA aircraft were actually able to win the race. After ward, military aircraft were introduced and started taking the majority of the winnings, all the way through the dawn of the jet age..

whitney17
April 19th, 2011, 13:04
Bill,

Now that you've finished the Dynamic and have nothing to do (lol), will you do the Racer you and Pam talked about when the Skylark was first released?

Joe

heywooood
April 19th, 2011, 13:13
count me in also for an RG Skylark ermmm did we decide to go with SkyStreak?

waiting patiently whilst smiling politely and waving amicably :wavey:

warchild
April 19th, 2011, 17:51
::chuckles:: if Bills up for it, i'm more than happy to do my part.. :)