PDA

View Full Version : Kahne on the poll..

redriver6
June 18th, 2010, 20:11
at Sonoma...i love the road races...it seems to equalize the advantage of the super teams...somewhat anyway.

Cazzie
June 19th, 2010, 01:32
Can you believe it, a Ford on the staub!

Saw them testing the 1st of June at VIR for this race. Yeah, I like to see them run clockwise and turn right too. :ernae:

NASCAR should include a road course in the "Chase for the Chump".

Caz

stansdds
June 19th, 2010, 06:21
Kahne is a nice guy, probably a little too nice for NASCAR racing. I hope bad luck and bad (team mate) drivers don't find him on Sunday.

Cazzie
June 19th, 2010, 08:01
Kahne is a nice guy, probably a little too nice for NASCAR racing. I hope bad luck and bad (team mate) drivers don't find him on Sunday.

You're right about Kasey, he may be too nice, kind of like Mark Martin. No telling how many races Martin could have won if he had one ounce of aggression. Jeff Burton is another one that is too clean for his own good, a little Kyle Busch syndrome and all of them could be multiple winners more than they have been.

Caz

redriver6
June 20th, 2010, 15:11
well Ambrose sure screwed up....what was he thinking???????

Panther_99FS
June 20th, 2010, 16:33
well Ambrose sure screwed up....what was he thinking???????

For sure he feels bad......
The races are such now that instead of a 250 lap race or so, NASCAR should just give the drivers one tank of gas & about 20 re-starts to figure out the winner...

redriver6
June 20th, 2010, 16:39
i'm becoming less and less a fan of green/white/checker...we didn't even have one today but because the leader was anticipating possibly having one he was trying to save fuel when he didn't need to......

EasyEd
June 20th, 2010, 16:50
Hey All,

....what was he thinking??????

How good the 48 was gonna look in victory lane? :d

Jimmy finally gets a win on a road course to go with his first ever win at Bristol.

Sure Kahne was on the pole but I guess nobody noticed who was right beside him.

As for Ambrose - what was he doing messing with the engine? Why even mess around? He knew the rules about staying with the pace car - he said so.

-Ed-

Cazzie
June 20th, 2010, 17:04
Poor Marcus, dang it!

I didn't see all of the race, I was watching the Tour de Suisse bicycle race, where Mr. Armstrong pulled off a second place, just missing the top podium by 12 seconds.

But I did see enough of it to see Jeff Gordon take out about a third of the field in two or three incidents. It will be interesting at Loudon if Truex is close. I sniff a fine for Martin next week, but he'll be good on his word, those silent types always are.

Congrats to the 48 Ed, I wasn't watching enough to shake the chicken, see what happens when I let a race go by without shaking that chicken. The chicken and I will be back on charge next week. Bad day for the Gibbs car and my man.

Caz

Panther_99FS
June 20th, 2010, 17:18
i'm becoming less and less a fan of green/white/checker...we didn't even have one today but because the leader was anticipating possibly having one he was trying to save fuel when he didn't need to......

That's why I say give everyone one tank of gas, and let the re-starts govern the race! :d

EasyEd
June 20th, 2010, 19:15
Hey All,

I like GWC and the 3 tries rule as it makes it more interesting - fuel comes into play, tire temperatures come into play - strategy matters. Good stuff - strategy - ever since Pearson used it so effectively. In my world brain should always beat brawn.

What Panther suggests simply suggests as little as a one lap shootout on potentially full tanks of fuel. Probably would allow tires and adjustments as well. Without GWC and possible multiple tries at GWC it simply comes down to having enough gas to get to the end of the scheduled number of laps thus pretty much eliminating the potential for crew chief decisions and pit crew speed/errors playing the decisive role at the end of races. It's then just becomes the fastest car and driver beating the other cars and drivers. This way the fastest car and driver can get beat in more than one way. Makes it a lot more interesting. Racing is a team sport.

Take today's race - could the 48 have beat the 47 if Ambrose hadn't messed up? Who knows but Chad was telling Jimmy the whole race to save his rear tires. Would he have saved enough? Who knows? I don't need to as a perfectly legitimate alternate ending came into play.

-Ed-

redriver6
June 20th, 2010, 20:29
Take today's race - could the 48 have beat the 47 if Ambrose hadn't messed up? Who knows but Chad was telling Jimmy the whole race to save his rear tires.

that would be a negative...Ambrose had him covered late in the race...if Johnson had anything for him he would have used on the prior restart...it was Ambrose's race to lose...and he did. he gave Jimbo a gift.

stansdds
June 21st, 2010, 02:03
I agree, Ambrose had the car and skills to be beat, Jimmy was a second place car. Ambrose wasn't thinking and cut the engine to save gas, would have worked too if he had been going down hill. Oh well, I'm sure he learned his lesson as he gave away his first NASCAR victory.

Cazzie
June 21st, 2010, 02:30
At least he gave it away and didn't have it taken away like Robbie Gordon did to him a few years ago. Glad I didn't see the race, as the two drivers I least like to see win finished first and second. Hamlin had a bad day, Burton was top ten and slipped way back. Overall a bad day for Virginians.

Caz

Terry
June 21st, 2010, 04:36
I feel really bad for Ambrose, that had to be one of the top ten brain farts in NASCAR history. He is going to take a real beating from the press this week. But in his defence his crew chief told him to save fuel which was not necessary. But it's not as bad as when Martin, in the lead, drove into the pits on the final lap a some years ago.