PDA

View Full Version : The DDTC 1.1 Update Released

GT182
June 18th, 2010, 17:49
Here's the info and download ..... http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=250104
This is for Terran Conflict updated to 2.7. Seems it was out on June 9th, but I just happened to come across it tonight. And I've seen no mention of it here at SOH so far.

DDTC User Guide is here.... http://www.flatrock.org.nz/wolf/images/X2_Pix/DDTC_V1.1_User_Guide.pdf

gigabyte
June 18th, 2010, 21:42
Oh crap and the wife wanted me to mow the lawn... I wonder if I can gum up the mowers emgine before she gets up...

Thanks for the HU...

GT182
June 19th, 2010, 07:29
Oh crap and the wife wanted me to mow the lawn... I wonder if I can gum up the mowers emgine before she gets up...

Thanks for the HU...

At least you've got a lawn Mike. :icon_lol: Ours down here are burnt to a crisp.

And I figured you'd like to hear about this. ;) :d

gigabyte
June 20th, 2010, 02:28
Gary this is totally amazing, I installed it the other night just for a quick peak and I am hooked. I blew away reunion XTM and my messed up vanilla TC, I installed TC fresh and patched it up to 2.7.1 and fired this up - OMG awsome is an understatement. I added Cycrows Cheat Pack and I am redoing my ZBoard key mapping now, this is going to be like a totally new game but the learning curve is behind me :)

Gig's lovin this!

GT182
June 20th, 2010, 15:03
That sounds great Mike. But are you telling me DDTC is better than the AMS mod?

GT182
June 20th, 2010, 17:23
Just got it myself. I've looked for v1.0 but haven't found it yet. Tho I did download v1.1a rar that's 159Mb large. I hope it's the whole thing all rolled into one.

I hope the Free Jump, Claim Software and a few other mods will work with this. Tho I will find out this week. :d

gigabyte
June 20th, 2010, 18:03
Gary you have everything with the 1.1 download, it is complete. I have not tried the free jump, or Claim Coftware yet, but I plan to add the AMS Claim script as soon as I have a chance. Cycrows Cheat Pack works just fine and that gives me the ability to claim and free jump so no hurry.

Comparing AMS to DDTC, I have not played this long enough yet to say it is "better" than AMS, the visuals are much more interesting and there are a huge number of new ships (70 or more totally new ships) and I believe you are the Firefly fan aren't you - it's included! Some really cool Star Wars ships with a nice back story to explain their existance (check the DDTC forum for the details).

I will say this, DDTC is one awsome Mod!

GT182
June 21st, 2010, 08:59
Well, that did it! Hearing the Firefly is included is reason enough to convert. :icon_lol:

I'll be working on saving my AMS install and getting DDTC in asap. :d

gigabyte
June 21st, 2010, 13:04
Gary, if you want a nice clean install what I would do is just rename the folder that contains the AMS modded game then do a new fressh install of X3TC from the DVD, and patch it up to 2.7.1. That will allow you to switch back to AMS any time you want all you have to do is swap out your save games and create a new shortcut to run the X3TC.exe file in the AMS renamed folder. That is what I have been doing from day one, and it works fine, it means you are doubling up on disk usage but if you have the space it is worth it. I am using the Save Game Manager I posted baout the other day to switch back & forth works great and handles all of the messy details.

If you want to give that a try and have any questions let me know I have it down to a science now, I had 4 seperate X3TC full installs all running for awhile and had no probelms - until I got creative and tried to add ships to them all...

GT182
June 21st, 2010, 16:35
Yep, that's how I'm doing it Mike. And I'm doing the reinstall right this minute. For some unknown reason Auto Play to install X3TC on my DVD player wasn't working earlier. No idea what caused it but it's fixed now so I can continure on. Oh what a relief that is.

gigabyte
June 22nd, 2010, 13:57
Gary, I suspect you will love this Mod, there are still a few stutters, but so far the only problems I found was when undocking from a few of the stations, and emerging from jump gates, not a big deal.

Now your Firefly, the model is very cool a TS so it has lots of uses and I expect I will have a lot of fun with it myself.

I am doing a mission set now from the DDTC custom set, so I have to finish that before I do more exploring.

GT182
June 22nd, 2010, 16:57
Mike I have the 1.1a .rar download. What's the easiest way to install? Extract it all to the TC folder. Somewhere I read it was a self installing Mod but haven't seen how.

They're say the spk and scripts will work fine in DDTC.... Claim Software, Free Jump and the rest we were using in AMS/TC

Just got home from a long day out in the hot sun so I'm a bit foggy right now. Twas 100 in the shade here today. Could have been like yesterday and 119*s in the sun. At least we had rain tonight and it's cooling off.... lawns sure need it. This is as close to Death Valley as I want to get. Snow sounds good right about now. :icon_lol:

gigabyte
June 22nd, 2010, 19:28
All you have to do is extract the rar directly into the main X3 Terran Conflict Folder as long as you have it set to extract to the original folders it installs everything where it should go. What I generally do is to extract to a temp folder then select all files and copy them into the X3 Folder, same thing really I just like to have the full Mod Folder extracted on it's own so I can see what files were involved.

I have Tested Cycrows Cheat Pack 1.5 and it works fine, I just installed the Salvage Package and Free Jump but have not tested them much yet, (I am tied up with the mission set), but they seem to be OK so far. I have not tried the AMS Scripts yet, but I will likely try them later this week.

GT182
June 23rd, 2010, 02:37
That's what I thought for the install. Dopey me.

Hey, are you and I the only ones in this forum these days? Seems Loinheart and everyone else has bailed out on us. Shame on them. ;) I know he's playing Mass2 but I figured he'd at least be around. Maybe he's just lurking these days. :icon_lol:

Lionheart
June 23rd, 2010, 06:20
Hey Gary,

lolol... Nope. I didnt bail. Just havent played in a while. Still unwinding from the Skylark launch. About a week or two from launch, I start going critical and focus down on the project. I havent turned on ME2 in ages. I'll have to relearn the controls again, lol.. Same for X3TC.

I also check in every day to see what you guys have been talking about. I figured I didnt have anything enlightening to add.

This update sounds a really cool thing. Looks like I will need to get this and check it out. Mine was starting to really lag in some area's, like near my home base, which was populated with tons of captured craft, good bargains, and my infamous battle fleet! Ive turned my local space into a parking lot... arrgh.

GT182
June 23rd, 2010, 06:43
Good to see ya Bill. Hope the launch went well. With this X3 addicion I haven't run FSX in ages. :redface: I came this close - - to getting Mass2 the other day but said I've got enough on my hands for now. hopefully the price will come down this fall and I'll pick it up. Same with SHV and I hope they do away with the needed UBI account to play. That is just plain wrong IMHO.

Just got DDTC all installed this morning mike.... seeing my brain fog has finally lifted and I can finally think better than lastnight. LOL Just to give it a test I started with the Boron. Boy, you don't have many friends in this one. So far I can say the "Eye Candy" is fantastic. I've got a few more scripts to get in and I'll be set to go full bore. From what I can see, if you live long in DDTC you'll be very very lucky. ;) Tho I do wish you'd start with a few more credits in yer wallet.

Yes Mike, let me know how the Save Game Manager works. I have it installed but couldn't figure it out to run both campaigns with it..... actually 3 of them. Seems yer the brains behind all this good stuff. ;) :d Set it up in a separate thread and have Bill make it a stickie if he would.

Lionheart
June 23rd, 2010, 07:11
Oh man! SHV... I must still get that. Visible engine room! nice....

You can get that on Steam by the way. Still $50.00 and about a 2+ Gig download. Steam might have alternate safeties.

Bill

GT182
June 23rd, 2010, 08:25
Sorry to say this but Steam is not the way to go. You still must have a UBI account and there is no way around that. Tho without Steam there is an alternate way... of which I can't talk about here. ;)

gigabyte
June 23rd, 2010, 13:36
So far I can say the "Eye Candy" is fantastic.
You are right about that, and there is a huge variety, although it may cause studders in some places if your system is not loaded for bear. The really neat stuff are some of the new Asteroid Bases, several sectors have pirate bases inside asteroids with internal and external docking "MASSIVELY COOL"

if you live long in DDTC you'll be very very lucky. ;) Tho I do wish you'd start with a few more credits in yer wallet.
That really depends on the start you choose, The Terran Start is not too bad, you get a couple ships, and can make a few quick bucks, there is always the Cycrow Cheat PAckage, you can add any amount of credits you want with that to get a good start - Hint you can also cheat up your Firefly on demand to get right at it!

Yes Mike, let me know how the Save Game Manager works. I have it installed but couldn't figure it out to run both campaigns with it..... actually 3 of them. Seems yer the brains behind all this good stuff. ;) :d Set it up in a separate thread and have Bill make it a stickie if he would.
No problem I will grab some screens and do a Cheat Sheet tonight and attach it to a new thread.

gigabyte
June 23rd, 2010, 13:59
Hey Gary,

I am having problems with Onenote and my PDF writer so I have to reinstall that before I can complete the cheat sheet. In the mean time try these quick steps - AFTER you backup your save game folder of course!

Install the Save Game Manager as per instructions included, it can go in any folder.

When you run it the first time it will be blank, select the Import / Export Manager and Import your current Save Game set, it will ask for a name and description and import the files. Then all you do is Activate that and you are basically ready. You should Import any other Save Game Sets from where ever you have tehem saved and name them, the Save Game Manager will do it's thing and create the required folders and xml files for you. Then just backup as required and select the Activate Campaign to swith set, the app will do the background work for you by copying out the current to a safe place and putting the newly activated set in the main save game folder.

Stay tuned I should be able to post a cheat sheet later tonight or tomorrow evening.

GT182
June 23rd, 2010, 18:17
Sounds good MiKe. I just got home so I'll get at it tomorrow morning. Been out in the hot sun all day again today and I'm beat. Not 100 like yesterday but darned close with an extra helping of humidity. Now I'm really praying for snow. ;) LOL

BTW.... would you have a link to the Cycrow Cheat Package you're using? I've looked on his mod page but can't find it.... Could be me just me and I'm not seeing it. :redface: Or if it's small enough to, attach it to a reply here.

gigabyte
June 23rd, 2010, 18:27
Lets try attaching it, the file is only 101K. - looks like it will work.

You have to use the Cycrow Plugin Manager to Install it,, so if you need that let me know and I'll send you the link it would be too big to attache here.

The Cheat Collection is basically an All-in-one, you can do tons of things with it, all credits, weapons, missles, create stations darn near anything, it will appear under "Custom" in your ships Command Menu if it is installed properly.

GT182
June 24th, 2010, 05:39
Got it Mike, thanks. And it's installed. One question, is the V1.60 basically the same or are some things left out from V1.5? 1.6 is the only only one I see here.... http://apricotmappingservice.com/X3TCdownloads/

Also wondering if you've tried this one too? Apricot-show-all-sectors. I'll give it a try and see if it works with DDTC. It'll come in handy for Free Jumps, as I haven't found a Map of all the DDTC sectors yet. ;) From what I understand, names of some sectors have been changed in DDTC.

GT182
June 24th, 2010, 11:50
Here we go with another thought. Is it possible to add the ship extensions like was done in the Apricot Mod, by means of the Cycrow Cheat Package? That is the one thing about DDTC I miss the most. Yeah I know, I'm spoiled now. :icon_lol: Beside, why pay for it if there's a way to get it for free. ;)

gigabyte
June 24th, 2010, 13:55
Got it Mike, thanks. And it's installed. One question, is the V1.60 basically the same or are some things left out from V1.5? 1.6 is the only only one I see here.... http://apricotmappingservice.com/X3TCdownloads/

Also wondering if you've tried this one too? Apricot-show-all-sectors. I'll give it a try and see if it works with DDTC. It'll come in handy for Free Jumps, as I haven't found a Map of all the DDTC sectors yet. ;) From what I understand, names of some sectors have been changed in DDTC.

I tried V1.6 and it crashed the game had to remove it , I am running 1.5 I think it is the version compatible with most mods, if you can't find it let me know I will zip it up and attach it.

As far as the reveal all sectors that is in the Cheat Package along with a ton of other "enhancements", add any ship extension, all equipment, supertune, all compatible weapons, you name it it is there. You can cheat the challenge right out of the game if you wish, but I have never gone that far. There is a "Free Jump" built in to the package as well - "Warp to Sector" you can warp any ship to any sector even if it is not equipped with a jump drive - very handy if you need to call in a small carrier to hold some claimed ships and you don't have one handy. There is also the "Create Ship, Clone Ship, Create Station, etc." It can allow you to build a fleet and a nice base to start from if you want, very powerful add on, actually the only thing you need really.

gigabyte
June 24th, 2010, 13:57
Here we go with another thought. Is it possible to add the ship extensions like was done in the Apricot Mod, by means of the Cycrow Cheat Package? That is the one thing about DDTC I miss the most. Yeah I know, I'm spoiled now. :icon_lol: Beside, why pay for it if there's a way to get it for free. ;)

See my other post the answer is yes you can do anything to your ships include create a ship and load it for bear right from the start.

GT182
June 24th, 2010, 18:23
That's great Mike. I had an idea it was possible but wasn't sure, so I figured it would be best to ask first.

And thanks on the don't use V1.6.

GT182
June 25th, 2010, 05:06
I was looking thru DDTC for "Custom" on Cycrow's Cheat Package to change things and can't find it Mike. Where is it exactly? :redface:

gigabyte
June 25th, 2010, 11:23
You have to activate the Script Editor for it to appear, - change your pilots name to "Thereshallbewings" (no quotes, or spaces, capitol letter T, and be carefull that you wait between the 2 L's it seems to studder at that a lot). Once the script editor is activated you will find the Custom menu under the Ship Command along with Nav, Combat, etc. It will also be on the command menu of any of your ships if you target them in space then bring up the command menu so you can upgrade a ship without out space walking over to it or docking it and yoursel fto a space dock and changing ships. Very cool add on.

GT182
June 25th, 2010, 17:14
Finally, I got it. ;) My thanks again Mike. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/GT182/sigpic336_1.gif

Now to get the Vidarsarus installed into DDTC and I'll be all set. ;)

gigabyte
June 25th, 2010, 18:14
It is already there just with a different name - Terran Vidar, the wep load out needs some tweaking but it is the same ship.

GT182
June 25th, 2010, 18:43
I did not see that Mike, and I looked thru the list twice. :redface:

I'll look again tomorrow and get it. Again, my thanks.

GT182
June 26th, 2010, 06:55
Got it and it's mine. :d

It's listed as Vidar in the Cheat menu. Make sure you select your Pilot's name so it is yours. Other wise some other pilot has it and you've got a fight on your hands trying to get it. LOL

I also have a Firefly to jump to and play with. :d Gotta run for a bit but I'll get a photo of it posted later on.

gigabyte
June 26th, 2010, 09:26
Got it and it's mine. :d

It's listed as Vidar in the Cheat menu. Make sure you select your Pilot's name so it is yours. Other wise some other pilot has it and you've got a fight on your hands trying to get it. LOL

I also have a Firefly to jump to and play with. :d Gotta run for a bit but I'll get a photo of it posted later on.

I see you are learning the secrets of the cheat menu, it is one powerful tool. If you really want to set yourself up to do some serious A$$ woopin, try an Eagle (M6) that thing can reall kick butt, it also has a docking port so you can take a "Little Friend" along. I started a new game just to test some of the ships and put together a hunter killer squadron, it has been quite a blast rollin ginto a pirate sector and trying to clean house, even with a good wing of fighters it is not easy. Here is what I call my Hunter Killer Squad (I rename all my ships by their type first then a number to ID them from other like ships);

M6-600-Eagle - Command ship which I pilot.

M4-400-Siren - my personal fighter which is docked to M6-600 (Model from Wing Commander)

M5-501-Awing - 5 of these ships are Red wing #'s 501-505, these are assigned to Protect me as I explore then I issue the Attack All enemies comand if I get in a real furball

TP-001-Cottonmouth - This is a model of the Melinium Falcon from SW, I use it as a scout ship, I send it ahead a few sectors with the Patrol Command, then I can get a good idea of what is out there, it can take care of itself and has the legs to get out of dodge if the odds are not good.

M3-301-Dralthi - 3 of these (301-303) Blue wing assigned as protection for TP-001 "Just in case" (model from Wing Commander and very nicely done)

TM-002-Banded Kait - I love this ship, it was a reward in one of the missions, it is a cross between a Transport and a small Carrier, it has a reasonable load out so it can put up a fight, fairly good speed as well, but what I really like is the thing has docking bays for 8 ships, when I go into a sector and do some capping this thing is perfect for taking the prizes home, AND it has a good size cargo hold to boot so I can issue the Collect All Wares command and it will run around all by itself and collect all of the dropped cargo and missles left behind.

I do have a few other ships mostly parked at stations while I play with this Squad and a couple of UT's to keep the cash flow going, but so far this is the most fun I have had, I am liking being a Hunter Killer, I just might join the Assians Guild if I come across them...lol

Oh and BTW I decided to run this time without cockpits, I was not happy with a few of the ones on XTD, and you know I am really starting to like the extra realestate on the screen, it takes getting used to but I am liking it very much now.

gigabyte
June 26th, 2010, 09:40
One other thing I am noticeing with this Mod, the AI seems even dumber for my ships, I have reloaded saves so many times after watching red wing destroy itself when I had it assigned to "Follow" (me or any other ship). What I have discovered is the "Patrol Command" (you can patrol single or a list of sectors you want) and "Protect" (your own or any other ship) seem to be much better for self preservation of these wings and ships. I really like Protect because the ships will automatically dock at the same station as the ship they are protecting and leave when it does. All you need to do is set the wing to protect you and set the Turrets for all the wings ships to Attack Enemies, and you are good to go, works like a charm.

GT182
June 26th, 2010, 10:34
Oh that Protect sounds sweet. I'm still configuring both my ships... and learning along the way. LOL The view without cockpits is much better IMO, tho not seeing the nose of your ship throws you off a bit. I'll work on a fleet next time I fire this puppy up. Thanks for the new info Mike. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/GT182/sigpic336_1.gif

Here's my 2 newly aquired ships......

GT182
June 29th, 2010, 05:15
I've got a small fleet of Fireflies, an Eagle, Siren and Kait. Cool ships with some punch to them and Super Tuned. LOL

I have noticed that the Rewards are low paying starting out. Hopefully they'll get larger as you go along and build "recognition".

There's a couple of things I'm having a problem with.....

Comms not working trying to contact some stations for the "Jobs" they are offering while I'm out in space. Some work others don't. Could be it's neccessary to be docked for those but I haven't checked that out just yet. Hopefully this is a bug that can be fixed. Photo added below shows Comms not working at all while in space and there's a "Job" waiting.

Apricot Claim isn't working even if bought. And Salvage Suite is also showing up in the interface. Tried "Thereshallbewings" several times and that doesn't help either. 2.4 was installed using the Installer. Might delete that and go with the Salvage Suite 3.8 on it's own.

gigabyte
June 29th, 2010, 11:21
Gary the Comm thing might be range, I noticed with this Mod the Comm Range is much different, many stations will not open a comm channel until you are closer than 20km which might be your problem.

As far as the Claim software I didn't bother with AMS The Claim Suite is a little more involved and you have to configur a hotkey but it is much more powrful and includes a "Scan for Derelict Ships" which I like.

GT182
June 29th, 2010, 14:12
Could be the same for range to dock and your ship attacking enemys with Auto Attack... that's also changed. You have to be real close for docking and very close for auto fire on an emeny. Closer than 20km to dock... more like 5km, and under 5km for your ship to auto fire.

But with comms it didn't matter if you were with in 20km or 5kkm, some still don't work from what I see. Some stations with more than one Comm showing for "jobs" still show a couple working and the others not.... no matter what distance you are from the station.

gigabyte
June 29th, 2010, 16:28
I just noticed something in checking one of my old vanilla save games, I was getting the same "no Comm" on a shipyard. I suspect this is the way it was in the vanilla game and we were used to enhanced comms in AMS, I do seem to recall something about extended ranges in the readme? I would bet the Autofire is varible to, it makes sence that it would only kick in when you were in wepons range and the weps in DDTC are like the Vanilla, all of the AMS Weps were enhanced. Just my best WAG.

GT182
June 30th, 2010, 14:36
Looks like you are right on the money, DDTC is like the Vanilla TC.

Rewards do increace tho the better your Combat Ranking gets. I'm starting to see that now.

Lionheart
June 30th, 2010, 16:31
I see you are learning the secrets of the cheat menu, it is one powerful tool. If you really want to set yourself up to do some serious A$$ woopin, try an Eagle (M6) that thing can reall kick butt, it also has a docking port so you can take a "Little Friend" along. I started a new game just to test some of the ships and put together a hunter killer squadron, it has been quite a blast rollin ginto a pirate sector and trying to clean house, even with a good wing of fighters it is not easy. Here is what I call my Hunter Killer Squad (I rename all my ships by their type first then a number to ID them from other like ships);

M6-600-Eagle - Command ship which I pilot.

M4-400-Siren - my personal fighter which is docked to M6-600 (Model from Wing Commander)

M5-501-Awing - 5 of these ships are Red wing #'s 501-505, these are assigned to Protect me as I explore then I issue the Attack All enemies comand if I get in a real furball

TP-001-Cottonmouth - This is a model of the Melinium Falcon from SW, I use it as a scout ship, I send it ahead a few sectors with the Patrol Command, then I can get a good idea of what is out there, it can take care of itself and has the legs to get out of dodge if the odds are not good.

M3-301-Dralthi - 3 of these (301-303) Blue wing assigned as protection for TP-001 "Just in case" (model from Wing Commander and very nicely done)

TM-002-Banded Kait - I love this ship, it was a reward in one of the missions, it is a cross between a Transport and a small Carrier, it has a reasonable load out so it can put up a fight, fairly good speed as well, but what I really like is the thing has docking bays for 8 ships, when I go into a sector and do some capping this thing is perfect for taking the prizes home, AND it has a good size cargo hold to boot so I can issue the Collect All Wares command and it will run around all by itself and collect all of the dropped cargo and missles left behind.

I do have a few other ships mostly parked at stations while I play with this Squad and a couple of UT's to keep the cash flow going, but so far this is the most fun I have had, I am liking being a Hunter Killer, I just might join the Assians Guild if I come across them...lol

Oh and BTW I decided to run this time without cockpits, I was not happy with a few of the ones on XTD, and you know I am really starting to like the extra realestate on the screen, it takes getting used to but I am liking it very much now.

Thanks Mike for this cool detailed feedback on the ships. I will definately be getting this!

Bill

gigabyte
June 30th, 2010, 22:08
Looks like you are right on the money, DDTC is like the Vanilla TC.

Rewards do increace tho the better your Combat Ranking gets. I'm starting to see that now.

I am going fairly well now with missions I just finished a 3 sector p[atrol and baged 140K, took out 14 Zenon ships which helped. I did bag 2 Zenon P's which are worth 35K each, so there is money to be made in them thar sectors.

Oh and Bill you really need to give the Apache a try, that thing is awsome, carried a huge punch and can take a real beating, it is my main patrol craft now it can also hold a nice amount of cargo.