PDA

View Full Version : A2A Progress updates

Lewis-A2A
June 18th, 2010, 10:22
Hello ladies and gentlemen, and forum bots, hey how yer dooing my good friend Google bot.

Just thought I'd drop you all a line to keep you in the loop of some of the in's and out's of whats going on at A2A.

First up our Mustang is coming along great, ROB is pieceing it all together well, we have added to our air time with the real birds again by this time getting up in a two seater. We now have all the actual performance data we need from numerous real flying examples and of course the paper data to create a brilliant Accu-sim experience.

Heres a few WIP pit shots;

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum_picts/dev_update_06_18_10/3.jpg

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum_picts/dev_update_06_18_10/4.jpg

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum_picts/dev_update_06_18_10/5.jpg

Due to some abitious goals we've set forth, we're developing an Accu-Sim expansion pack for the Spitfire as it is a perfect test platform. It has everything we want, and having already had real examples to look over and over we believe we will be creating something really special.... ). Oh, and btw, since we have access to flyable versions of the many warbirds and their crew, if all goes well, we can accusim our 109 and P40 as well.. For now here are a few shots for you to look over;

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum_picts/dev_update_06_18_10/1.jpg

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum_picts/dev_update_06_18_10/2.jpg

Now once the warbirds have been taken care off all the technology developed for them shall be thrust without merci into the Phantom package. We want to get this one as right as we can and its under going painstaking optimisation at the hands of our modelers, many of whom are now on a bread and water diet as I am holding back the rice and chilli until its out! (You hear me Rob!)

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum_picts/dev_update_06_18_10/6.jpg

Well thats just about it from me. Although I will say that you might want to casts your mind back to what June 19th is for A2A and a certain special member of the team.

We look forward to getting some in motion videos for you guys out as quick as we can, we are working on what we think will be really special things and cant wait to show you all.

Heres a link to our posting over at our forums;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=21993

Many thanks,
Lewis - A2A

falcon409
June 18th, 2010, 10:32
:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

jankees
June 18th, 2010, 10:34
:jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::j ump:

gradyhappyg
June 18th, 2010, 10:36
You developer types won't be happy till my wife kicks my butt. LOL
More great looking have to have stuff.
Psssst how about a bubble top P-47 in the near future. Already have the razorback.

hews500d
June 18th, 2010, 11:08
Thanks for the updates !!! Me thinks I just drooled all over my keyboard and ruined it. Thanks for putting a g-meter in the P-51 cockpit too !!! If it's not too late, would you consider, if they're not already in there, to put the "recording" needles in the g-meter also so we can tell after our flight how much + and - g's we pulled. I promise we'll be gentle with her :engel016:

Darrell

Dimus
June 18th, 2010, 11:21
I think we 've run out of jaw dropping icons here.

I can't believe all these will be Accusimmed. We are indeed being spoiled here. Thank you.:salute:

Cag40Navy
June 18th, 2010, 11:27
:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

*Brain overload*

Tim-HH
June 18th, 2010, 11:33
Excellent news!!! :jump:

Greetings
Tim

tracyq144
June 18th, 2010, 11:41
Lewis, thanks for the update! Personally, the possibility of an Accusim 109 is the best news yet! IMHO, a sadly neglected a/c for FSX, even though it was the mainstay for the Luftwaffe.

I'll buy them all (and I imagine most other FSX addicts will as well), but the 109 is the one I look forward to!

flyingip
June 18th, 2010, 11:43
JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAJ :jump:

RudiJG1
June 18th, 2010, 12:29
Lewis, thanks for the update! Personally, the possibility of an Accusim 109 is the best news yet! IMHO, a sadly neglected a/c for FSX, even though it was the mainstay for the Luftwaffe.

I'll buy them all (and I imagine most other FSX addicts will as well), but the 109 is the one I look forward to!

Me too, fer sure.

kilo delta
June 18th, 2010, 13:03
I want! I want! I want! I want! I want! I want! I want!

:d

forgeknight
June 18th, 2010, 13:16
I really want to type something, but this thread has left me speechless! I guess all I can really say is, WOW!

txnetcop
June 18th, 2010, 13:19
This makes me happier than a tornado in a trailer park!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A2A ROCKS!!!
Ted

stiz
June 18th, 2010, 13:27
when i see those "blah blah must not be used above blah blah mph" placs i cant help but think ..."or what?" :icon_lol:

:applause:

gajit
June 18th, 2010, 13:36
You really deserve every bit of the success you achieve with the brilliance of your products :salute:

oakfloor
June 18th, 2010, 13:42
"H" model 51'...Please, cause it's more better.

roger-wilco-66
June 18th, 2010, 15:07
omigod

they are doing it again. I think I should raise a secret account, unbeknown to some who shall go unnamed here, in order to pay for all that stuff.

Outstanding images.

Cheers,
Mark

Scratch
June 18th, 2010, 15:17
Mud is gonna freak:greenbo:!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hammer353
June 18th, 2010, 15:27
Can't wait, All you guys at A2A sim do awesome work.

SADT
June 18th, 2010, 16:40
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
(Jaw broken)

Wow!!!!!!!!!!! those look amazing!
Guessing it goes without saying that the Mustang will have a working Low-High-Auto turbo control switch.
Does the Spitfire have a 2 stage turbo though?

Bone
June 18th, 2010, 17:31
An Accusim Phantom. Holy phrickin Phlap jacks.

Kiwikat
June 18th, 2010, 17:34
Oh... my... :icon_eek:

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Daube
June 18th, 2010, 17:47
I ... want ... the .... Accusim Phantom.
I just bought the P47, B377 and B17 with Accusim (I'm a new customer), I'll buy this Phantom as soon as it gets available.

skyhawka4m
June 18th, 2010, 18:07
Just curious....what variant F-4 are you doing?

Javis
June 18th, 2010, 18:12
Mustang Sally
H'uh, h'uh
Guess you better slow
Your Mustang down
Oh Lord, what I say now

There'll be bluebirds over
The white cliffs of Dover
Tomorrow
Just you wait and see

That Phantom pit ain't bad looking neither.. :isadizzy:

Cheers,Jan :salute: :ernae: :jump:

OleBoy
June 18th, 2010, 18:39
Gawd how I loath to have the ability to fly all this high poly, cool ******* stuff. I hate coming up here to the FSX forum (actually I don't) All you guys with the mega machines that can run this stuff are lucky fellas.

I'm going back to my FS2004 Forum where I need to stay.

One more thing. A2A, your level of detail in your models is genuinely amazing :)

Zorg_DK
June 19th, 2010, 01:52
Yaaaaa :jump: Looking mighty good A2A!

Lenop
June 19th, 2010, 02:27
Absolutely amazing stuff!
An accusim'd Spitfire AND Mustang... . "faints"

AndyE1976
June 19th, 2010, 04:21
That is a stunning release schedule, I've been looking at P51's for a while now, not really sure whether to go A2A or Flight1. Will this be an acusim pack for the existing P51 or a complete aircraft package?

The spit and the phantom are both great news and the 109 would be a great compliment to the CH FW190's. You can never have too many spitfires and this will surely raise the bar.

My 'must buy' list keeps getting longer!

2Low
June 19th, 2010, 04:29
OK, I got off work an hour ago (7 am). I'm all set to have a great aviation type day as an airshow is taking place practically right over my house. B-17 Woohoo! Then I come and witness the amazingness that is post #1 here.

I'm going to do some relaxation exercises now. Need to calm down before the show.

Oh yeah,

WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

merida72
June 19th, 2010, 05:01
more phantom screen... please!

Tweek
June 19th, 2010, 05:06
VCs all look lovely. Can't wait for some externals of the F-4!

Also, is the P-51 a completely new model? Not into Accusim myself, but I'll probably end up getting the P-51 if it's been totally overhauled to your current standards.

oakfloor
June 19th, 2010, 12:06
That is a stunning release schedule, I've been looking at P51's for a while now, not really sure whether to go A2A or Flight1. Will this be an acusim pack for the existing P51 or a complete aircraft package?

The spit and the phantom are both great news and the 109 would be a great compliment to the CH FW190's. You can never have too many spitfires and this will surely raise the bar.

My 'must buy' list keeps getting longer!
A2A 51' on sale now, less than $15..go for it.

skyblazer3
June 19th, 2010, 12:57
Great Choice on the Phantom. When that finally comes out it will be a formation hop from Eglin to Hawaii to Guam to Khorat for sure!
:salute::salute::salute::salute:

Keep working hard,

Chris

DaveQ
June 19th, 2010, 14:18
:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:BP 70/40, pulse thready, paramedics called. Only treatment = more from A2A!!!!! Great stuff guys!!

DaveQ

Roadburner440
June 19th, 2010, 17:04
Good stuff. Can't wait to see videos of them in action. Probably still a long ways away though.

forgeknight
June 19th, 2010, 17:35
Just left an airshow and I was blessed enough to watch a Corsair fly, but it made me wonder, why no mention of an Accusim F4U here?

Roadburner440
June 19th, 2010, 17:47
Because the F-4U is an aircraft factory model, and is not intended to be Accu-simmed.. Thus they priced it accordingly. They have talked about it in the past, but I think they have switched gears to doing the P-51, and F-4 which look to be coming along nicely.

dogfish
June 19th, 2010, 22:05
thank goodness for a2a, simply amazing, cant wait.

skyhawka4m
June 20th, 2010, 01:44
Because the F-4U is an aircraft factory model, and is not intended to be Accu-simmed.. Thus they priced it accordingly. They have talked about it in the past, but I think they have switched gears to doing the P-51, and F-4 which look to be coming along nicely.

I wish they'd do pollow on later models of the corsair.....it seeems the early variants have been beaten to death. I'd love for an awesome F4U-5N/AU-1 variant...!

Roadburner440
June 20th, 2010, 06:01
I want the F4U that has the WASP motor in it. Was the Goodyear F2G, and there's only like a handful of them. I bet that thing would be a beast at the runway.

huub vink
June 20th, 2010, 06:36
Lewis, thanks for this small update, much appreciated. However I still have a small question. When you accusim the Spitfire and perhaps in a later the stage the Bf109 E, will this be a complete update like you did with the B-17?

As I have loads of repaints installed on the Bf109 I would hate to see a model with a different texture lay-out, however I would like to see a more realistic pilot......

Thanks for your answer,
Huub

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/Bf109E-Losigkeit.jpg

oakfloor
June 20th, 2010, 07:02
I want the F4U that has the WASP motor in it. Was the Goodyear F2G, and there's only like a handful of them. I bet that thing would be a beast at the runway.
That was the P&W "Wasp major" R-4360 3000 HP, and all the right rudder you can push.

Lewis-A2A
June 21st, 2010, 12:32
Hey huub, guys.

We are currently developing the Accu-sim pack for the Spitfire solo (The one that came with the WW2 fighters collection). We are planning on doing the 109 and P40 as well, but keep in mind plans can change along the development path.

gajit
June 21st, 2010, 14:52
Thats excellent news - i quite like the Just Flight BOB products but i will be very happy to purchase anything you produce :salute:

Ian Warren
June 21st, 2010, 17:46
I,m not saying anything , I will quitely sit in the corner and twiddle my thumbs making slight murmers and muffle sounds off a P51 overhead with a Phantom ... whoops , in the corner and twiddle my thumbs :jump:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

letsgetrowdy
June 21st, 2010, 23:20
WOWWHEEEEEEE!!!!

Looking fab -
The P-51 cockpit looks brilliant, but I think in mind of my recent thread we ought to have a varient without a Gunsight and with clean ammo.
Keep up the stunning work!

SpaceWeevil
June 22nd, 2010, 03:42
WOWWHEEEEEEE!!!!

Looking fab -
The P-51 cockpit looks brilliant, but I think in mind of my recent thread we ought to have a varient without a Gunsight and with clean ammo.
Keep up the stunning work!

I had this conversation over at the A2A forums a while back when the WOP 3 Mustang was first announced. The response was along the lines of the A2A warbirds being a memorial to the men that fought and died in them, and that was best served by keeping the models as original as possible. Everyone who replied agreed! Personally I love the compromise RealAir used in their Spitfire - a radio stack in place of the gunsight and a few modern dials, but still basically original. Still and all, gotta respect A2A's stance, and I'll buy it anyway.

jim
June 22nd, 2010, 03:44
Agreed; SpaceWeivel

wiltzei
June 22nd, 2010, 04:43
A 3d GPS unit can be added to Skysim Mirage via FSX payload manager. I think itīs a nice compromise between historical accuracy and (casual) flying comfort.

huub vink
June 22nd, 2010, 04:57
Hey huub, guys.

We are currently developing the Accu-sim pack for the Spitfire solo (The one that came with the WW2 fighters collection). We are planning on doing the 109 and P40 as well, but keep in mind plans can change along the development path.

Thanks for your reply Lewis, but this is what I understood already. However it doesn't really answer my question.

I'm curious whether the you will just make an accusim package which adds the accusim option to the existing model, or do you do a complete overhaul of the existing model, like you did with the accusim B-17? And if you do a a complete overhaul, will the current repaints still fit?

Cheers,
Huub

jankees
June 22nd, 2010, 06:20
actually Huub, the old paints still fit the new accusim B-17, and the new paints also fit the old model. This is not the case with the jug however...
However, I'm curious to see what they will do with the P-51 and 109....Lewis?

Tako_Kichi
June 22nd, 2010, 07:53
I'm curious to see what they will do with the P-51 and 109
I can't speak of the 109 but I did ask the question re. P-51 skins when I was chatting to Scott via Skype the other day as I did several Commonwealth P-51 repaints for the current model and wanted to know if I was going to have to repaint them for the new model.

He said he wasn't 100% sure but felt that the old paints would not work on the A-S P-51 so my guess is that it's a new model from the ground up rather than a conversion of the old model. You also have to remember that the P-51 was initially a FS2004 aircraft that was recompiled to make it a true FSX aircraft. However, in terms of today's technology, that also means it is relatively low poly and would benefit from a total rebuild and if all the non-functioning items are being made functional for A-S purposes it is actually easier to start from scratch rather than trying to fix what is broken on the old one.

There is a plus side though as anyone who has done repaints for the old P-51 can confirm. The texture mapping on that one was poor to say the least with many parts duplicated or mirrored and it stretched the paint badly in some areas especially on the nose and under the rear fuselage which made it a bear to try and paint at times. A new model will also mean new mapping which should mean a much easier time when it comes to repaints.

Major_Spittle
June 22nd, 2010, 09:33
Lewis-

Not sure what you mean by making this for the P51 solo? I have the P51 as part of the P40 powerpack I bought in the store (excellent product btw), would I need to purchase anything other than the P51 Accusim package (when available) to have the package work?

Also, I love all of A2A's products. I wish I could buy them in stores on DVDs though. Looking forward to the P40 accusim and hoping for a Corsair accusim.

I also have one suggestion for the P51 product. With all of the great engine/system damage modeling you do for your products, it would be nice if you could create an AirRace version with various paint colors so we could race it online with the engine damage enabled on Multiplayer. I would really like to see 4 or 5 lined up on a runway to race cross country from airport A to airport B across a mountain range with weather enabled. Could maybe have some fun blowing up engines trying to catch the leader or what not.

I know people do repaints after release, but it would be nice to have defaults that all people would have from the get go. Maybe same paint job, just use 8 different colors? :jump:

pilottj
June 22nd, 2010, 09:40
Lewis-

Not sure what you mean by making this for the P51 solo? I have the P51 as part of the P40 powerpack I bought in the store (excellent product btw), would I need to purchase anything other than the P51 Accusim package (when available) to have the package work?

Also, I love all of A2A's products. I wish I could buy them in stores on DVDs though. Looking forward to the P40 accusim and hoping for a Corsair accusim.

I also have one suggestion for the P51 product. With all of the great engine/system damage modeling you do for your products, it would be nice if you could create an AirRace version with various paint colors so we could race it online with the engine damage enabled on Multiplayer. I would really like to see 4 or 5 lined up on a runway to race cross country from airport A to airport B across a mountain range with weather enabled. Could maybe have some fun blowing up engines trying to catch the leader or what not.

I know people do repaints after release, but it would be nice to have defaults that all people would have from the get go. Maybe same paint job, just use 8 different colors? :jump:

I agree, a racing variant would be a very neat addition. The challenges of engine management in a racing scenario would be quite fun. But either way if they just make a wartime model, I would buy it for sure. :)

Lewis-A2A
June 22nd, 2010, 10:14
We try to keep as much similar as possible however Accu-sim will be adding the full upgrade for bump maps etc etc for the Spit and 109 etc.

The P-51 Mustang will be a new product not built on an existing model. Much like our WOP3 P47D.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

skyhawka4m
June 22nd, 2010, 10:14
So we now have 2 completely FSX native D models coming our way? Why not pick a variant that hasn't been done or a plane that hasn't been done? I guess a Mustang is a Mustang and it will sell.......

Again, I pray for a late model corsair like and F4U-5N or AU-1, heck an F4U-4B would be nice.

huub vink
June 22nd, 2010, 10:53
Lewis thanks for your answer. Although the original model from the Bf109 Emil is already over 4 years old, it is still a great model. However there is one thing I really would love to see replaced.....

The pilot is so 2005!!!! ;)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/Bf109E-Doggy.jpg

Cheers,
Huub

Lewis-A2A
June 22nd, 2010, 11:46
Yes Huub,

it will all be updated, including the pilot with a nice Luftwaffe chappie, all ready to get his ass burnt by the spits on his six :kilroy:

Bone
June 22nd, 2010, 11:53
Lewis A2A, would it be possible for you to post a few more Phantom shots of the VC and the exterior? Thanks.

CodyValkyrie
June 22nd, 2010, 15:30
So we now have 2 completely FSX native D models coming our way? Why not pick a variant that hasn't been done or a plane that hasn't been done? I guess a Mustang is a Mustang and it will sell.......

Again, I pray for a late model corsair like and F4U-5N or AU-1, heck an F4U-4B would be nice.

For the record, A2A has done the P-51D Mustang for a long time, and has supported this plane I believe longer than any other developer.... I am always willing to be wrong however. It has always been A2A's intention to develop the D model to current standards. It was a matter of other projects.