PDA

View Full Version : Battle of Britain, Just Flight

ijay
June 18th, 2010, 08:21

Cleartheprop
June 18th, 2010, 08:29
Very nice shots indeed!
What features make this Spitfire different (or even better) from the RealAir Spitfire ?
(beside the airplane version).

thefrog
June 18th, 2010, 08:56
Very nice shots indeed!
What features make this Spitfire different (or even better) from the RealAir Spitfire ?
(beside the airplane version).

And what makes the Just Flight Spitfire and Me109 better than the excellent A2A versions? (especially the vc)

AndyE1976
June 18th, 2010, 09:15
And what makes the Just Flight Spitfire and Me109 better than the excellent A2A versions? (especially the vc)

I don't have the A2A spit, but I do have their Me109 and the JF version has more repaints and is native FSX, whereas the A2A version has 3 and is an upgraded FS9 plane. I haven't had enough time to fully explore them to find any other differences.

Is their spit better than RealAir? No, nor is it worse. I think the cockpit colouring is perhaps a little more muted and realistic in the RealAir version, but the JF exterior is less glossy than the RealAir version (IMO) which is perhaps more realistic of that period.

For me the pick of the pack is the Hurricane, it is just a fantastic rendition of the aircraft.

So far the only critic I'd have is that not all of the click spots work in all of the cockpit sub-views (they all work in the main VC view though) and that there is a lot less rudder needed to correct yaw on takeoff than I'm used to with merlin engined aircraft, which may be correct and a factor of the earlier engines in these variants.

gajit
June 18th, 2010, 09:16
Love the guns on both the Spit and Hurri - shot does not do the effect justice

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/Spitguns.jpg

gradyhappyg
June 18th, 2010, 09:55
I don't have the A2A spit, but I do have their Me109 and the JF version has more repaints and is native FSX, whereas the A2A version has 3 and is an upgraded FS9 plane. I haven't had enough time to fully explore them to find any other differences.

Is their spit better than RealAir? No, nor is it worse. I think the cockpit colouring is perhaps a little more muted and realistic in the RealAir version, but the JF exterior is less glossy than the RealAir version (IMO) which is perhaps more realistic of that period.

For me the pick of the pack is the Hurricane, it is just a fantastic rendition of the aircraft.

So far the only critic I'd have is that not all of the click spots work in all of the cockpit sub-views (they all work in the main VC view though) and that there is a lot less rudder needed to correct yaw on takeoff than I'm used to with merlin engined aircraft, which may be correct and a factor of the earlier engines in these variants.

The major difference for me was the flaps operation in the 109 the A2A(which don't get me wrong it's a beauty) VS the flaps in the Just Flight. I used to crack up 65% of the time on landing while taking the 5 or so mintues it took in the A2A version to hand crank the flaps down with the mouse. The JF version can either be hand cranked or keyboarded down. To be honest I am happy with all of them. Now if someone would do a bubble top late P-47.

gajit
June 18th, 2010, 09:58
Yes - bubbletop is a great suggestion :jump::jump::jump::jump:

olderndirt
June 18th, 2010, 10:21
One thing I've found that doesn't seem right. They fly on about half throttle, right from the three point attitude.

ijay
June 18th, 2010, 10:23

olderndirt
June 18th, 2010, 10:30

Martyn
June 18th, 2010, 12:55
Hi all,

Glad to see you all enjoying the aircraft!

If anyone thinks they have come across any bugs/problems, please drop us a line via our support section: http://www.justflight.com/support.asp

This will allow us to collate any information that we receive and address the issues asap.

Thanks
Martyn

Skittles
June 18th, 2010, 13:20
One thing I've found that doesn't seem right. They fly on about half throttle, right from the three point attitude.

They'll do that happily if you maintain the attitude of the aircraft with speed increase.