PDA

View Full Version : A question for the scenery gurus

rohan
June 18th, 2010, 06:11
In a new build of CFS2 fresh from a CD, the file Scenery.cfg contains just one Area entry which has the parameter "Texture_ID=1" as follows -

[Area.002]
Title=Terrain
Local=Scenedb\world
Active=TRUE
Texture_ID=1
Layer=1
Required=TRUE
Remote=

Please can someone tell me what the Texture_ID field does, what values it can take, and whether it is true that it can only appear in one and only Area within any scenery.cfg file,
thanks in advance,
Ro
:ernae:

rohan
June 20th, 2010, 20:06
Well, that's very disappointing, though not unexpected. Over two days, 51 views, yet not one comment, let alone an explanation.

Oh, well, I'll just have to ignore that parameter.

MaskRider
June 20th, 2010, 20:27
I am interested to know also. It seems that Terrain is the only scenery library entry that comes with such a line. My uneducated guess- and I do mean guess- is that Texture_ID=1 is some sort of absolute reference to a location that must be gone to when the scenery bgls in the scenedb/world/scenery folder call out a texture.

I am sure some one around here knows for sure. But there is a vast and diverse assortment of folks who drop in and out of here and 2 days may not have been enough time for the right somebody to have dropped by.

Patience.

Boatz
June 20th, 2010, 21:22
All it took was a simple test, try this on your system, it won't break anything.

Remove the entry "Texture_ID=1", and fire up CFS2, and the texture files in Scenedb\world\texture no longer load. At least that was my results. Actually it was kind of cool as the whole world, landmasses and water are green. All add on scenery still load, runways and what not.

Boatz

rohan
June 21st, 2010, 01:10
Chris,
thanks very much for your input - understood about it being a guess. And Patience was my middle name ... but my planning allowed for some time between asking the question and committing to any action about this particular parameter, so it's good for a while,
regs,
Ro
:salute: