PDA

View Full Version : Aerosoft Ships

stormtrooper271
June 17th, 2010, 18:05
I have the Aerosoft Seahawk and I would really like to use the ships that come with it with AI Carriers, I got the USS Valley Forge to work with AI Carriers But I am mostly interested in the X-Craft and the Wasp class carrier. All of the ships have .MDL files.

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: I figured out how to make the ships work with AI Carriers but now I have a new question, one of the ships has its model in many different parts, how do I write this in the model.cfg so it will show all of the parts together?

dswo
June 17th, 2010, 22:22
Can you say what you did to make the X-Craft work? That's the main one I'm interested in too. I've tried it several times but with no joy.

CHBTheDoctor
June 18th, 2010, 03:39
I tried the same and failed, so I would be glad to see a solution :applause:

stormtrooper271
June 18th, 2010, 08:26
To get the X-Craft to work I made a new folder in simobjects-boats titled XCraft. Then I made two new folders, Model and Texture. I copied the xcraft.MDL file and made a model.cfg for it.

Then I copied the textures out of the main Aerosoft ships folder that had xcraft in the name, followed by the texture.cfg out of the same folder.

I just copied the sim.cfg file and placed it in the XCraft folder and changed the title from Aerosoft_ship to xcraft to match the model.

EDIT: Some screen shots of using the XCRAFT in AI Carriers

LouP
March 14th, 2011, 18:09
Not sure how you got this to work. I am pretty good at this stuff and everytime I try to select one of the Aerosoft ships that I put in seperate folders, my sim crashes. I am suspecting that they do not want us using the ships witout the Seahawk :(

LouP

W. Bleddyn
March 14th, 2011, 18:27
I was able to use Valley Forge and assumed that all of the other single-mdl file ships would be fine. It was Boxer that I wanted to get working and had no luck due to the multiple mdl files. I bought that set just to use the Boxer with AIcarriers as well lol. It was my brother in-law's ship :)

LouP
March 14th, 2011, 19:38
Did you get the Xcraft to work? No luck here. I had the jayhawk in FS9 and just purchased the Seahawk/Jayhawk package for FSX and would like to get some of these ships working as AI. I am wondering if they did something to the models recently to prevent us from using them by themselves.

LouP

gradyhappyg
March 14th, 2011, 19:45
Funny the only model I could get to work with AI carriers without a CTD was the Coast Guard Cutter. Tried and tried the Xcraft and the others with no success,didn't bother with the Boxer because of the multiple model files.

LouP
March 14th, 2011, 22:10
Yep, thats the only one I could get to work, also. :salute:

LouP

gradyhappyg
March 15th, 2011, 12:35
Just spent a good three hours trying with no luck to get the Xcraft to work with AI Carriers, did get it to stop causing a CTD but now I get the message (Object creation failed error inserting object xcraft). I just can't figure this one out.
Keep in mind I have kc 135s,kc 130s,c5s and a flight of a2a b17s working with AI carriers but these Aerosoft critters just won't work for me.

LouP
March 15th, 2011, 15:41
I am really sensing that they did something to prevent peeps from doing what we are trying. I have this strange feeling that they will be selling ships soon :ipepsi2: so they pevented us from using the ones we got with the Seahawk package. Just my opinion, though.

LouP

simkid22
March 15th, 2011, 21:51
I've gotten the German Cutter The Valley Forge and the Coast Guard Cutter to work but the Boxer is definitely a no go unless you can compile it to a .BGL and get a single model out like Mike Barnes said he did with Piglet's MAB and Aerial Carrier, then the XCraft and the Freedom CTD on me for no reason that i can determine.

LouP
March 16th, 2011, 15:34
So how did you get thw VF to work? It crashes FSX on me everytime. :(

LouP

simkid22
March 16th, 2011, 21:23
I spoke too soon, I thought I had the VF working but i've reinstalled FSX so many times that now it decides to CTD. Stormtrooper, do you know what version you are running? maybe they did something with later patches.

LouP
March 17th, 2011, 15:09
It's maddening, isn't it? :mixedsmi:

LouP

W. Bleddyn
March 20th, 2011, 00:01
I can get all ships except Boxer to work with AICarriers so far...

In the Aerosoft_Ship folder (FSX\SimObjects\Ships) there is a sim.cfg file. In that file the top line is "title=Aerosoft_Ship". It is this title, Aerosoft_Ship, that I put in the AICarriers cfg file.

Now if I want to use Valley Forge I go to the FSX\SimObjects\Ships\Aerosoft_Ship\model folder and edit model.cfg so that it says:

normal=Valley

To use the Xcraft:

normal=xcraft

To use the CG Cutter:

normal=USCG_CUTTER_NETS_DOWN

Always only changing that one model.cfg file while leaving the AICarriers cfg the same. I have not been able to figure out any way to enter the combined Boxer models so that they work, but still trying...... Boxer was what I particularly wanted from this set :rolleyes:

LouP
March 20th, 2011, 06:41
Ah Hah,

Running off to try now.

LouP

LouP
March 20th, 2011, 07:23
Crash :(

W. Bleddyn
March 20th, 2011, 08:28
That is strange, even with the Boxer I don't crash, I just get part of a ship. Maybe try re-installing the Seahawk and Jayhawk package just to be sure everything is as is should be, then don't edit anything. At this point open your ..\..\Aicarriers\conf.d\cvn_id.cfg and add:

[formation.x] <---- next number in sequence
title=Aerosoft Ships <---- this can be whatever you want. It just sets the text in AICarriers menu in-game.
unit.0=Aerosoft_Ship

With a default install that should give you Valley Forge as it is the ship set to display by default in the Aerosoft_ship\model\model.cfg file.

gradyhappyg
March 20th, 2011, 11:54
No luck here either I get "ERROR DISPLAYING OBJECT Aerosoft_ship object insertion failed" No matter how I write the model config file. I am wondering I run FSX gold on wiindows 7 64 bits could that be the issue? All the ships display just fine when inserted with the Shipyards program.

W. Bleddyn
March 20th, 2011, 12:19
No, that is not the problem. I am on Win 7 64 bit and I have been able to get a formation of all of the Aerosoft ships going at once (minus the multi-mdl USS Boxer of course), although I had to make new model folders for that. Your error text indicates that one of the cfg's is not pointing to the model properly.

As I said above, do a new install of the Seahawk and Jayhawk package. Do not edit anything in the Aerosoft_ship folder. This is just to make sure any previous edits you may have done are gone.

Then in your AICarriers config (cvn_id.cfg) add:

[formation.x] <---- next number in sequence
title=Aerosoft Ships <---- this can be whatever you want. It just sets the text in AICarriers menu in-game.
unit.0=Aerosoft_Ship

and go from there. That should create just the Valley Forge. There is no reason that should not work in FSX:Accel/SP2 with Win7 64. If it does work then we can go over adding the others.

LouP
March 20th, 2011, 12:23
Still no go here with the AS ships.

As a side note, I do have the Alpha Belleau Wood to keep me busy which is an awesome helo carrier. The deck actually rolls and pitches while underway (yes, even after I land on it). Very awesome landing platform. So if you really want a LHD and can't get the Aerosoft version to work, I highly recomend the Belleau Wood. She even comes with a sister ship, the Saipan. :wavey:

LouP :salute:

W. Bleddyn
March 20th, 2011, 13:07
Sorry it's not working for ya Lou. Wish I could help but as described above works perfectly for me. Strange how things can behave so differently on two different PCs, but it certainly isn't the first or last time for that.

LouP
March 20th, 2011, 13:18
NP, I'm baffled by this one to, but no worries. :)

LouP

gradyhappyg
March 20th, 2011, 14:04
I am going to have to face it,it's just not going to work for me,now I am getting a CTD instead of the insert object warning. Oh well thanks for trying. :salute:Maybe someone else can using the info to get it to work on their system.

letourn
June 4th, 2012, 17:20
Did someone was ever able to make it work with the LHD carrier?

lazarus
June 5th, 2012, 12:13
I've only been able to get the CG cutter to work.Tried every method mentioned here, and renaming, folders, configs variations. The models will show up just fine in FSrepaint and other mdl editors every time, but CTD or error message in the sim. :isadizzy: Don't know. I've the same thing going on with a conversion of the fs9 Newport class LST. The basic model is in a single model file, some vehicles and deck apes are on several other models. The model is a MDL8 file, so there should be no compatability hassle, displays fine in FSrepaint (a notably fussy prog) but CTD or error in the sim. Piglets Star Destroyer confounds me in a similar manner. Just will not go for love nor money! Oh well. Maybe the sim gremlins will cut me a Hus someday, but not today!