PDA

View Full Version : Major display Issue

aairon
June 16th, 2010, 18:06
Hello I am having a problem with getting a proper display in IL-2 46.
I am using a Sony 25" CRT flat screen monitor, Flat screen NOT flat panel.
I have the driver for the monitor installed I am running the latest Nvidia driver 197.25.
The issue is that at any resolution The the screen rendering fills the screen to the point that some of the buttons are off screen, like the quit button etc..
I found that if I go into the config file and change color depth from 32 bit to 16 bit that I then get a normal display at any resolution. I have tried using Nvidia control panel to make changes but none seem to help. I also tried many other options in the config file to no avail. In 16 bit color depth I also seem to get some flicker as if the monitor frame rate is being reduced from the normal 85HZ to something like 70 HZ, also because it's 16 bit color I get terrible color banding on water and sky, like a bad acid trip, not really playable, but the screen does fit correctly unlike 32 bit color in which much of the image is off screen. My graphics card is a Nvidia Gforce GTX-295 OC. I run a duo core E7400 at 3.6 GHZ with 4 Gig Ram, Vista Ultimate with UAC disabled etc...
Any input would be greatly appreciated. This is the ONLY game/application that does this.
Once again this is a CRT monitor 25" Sony Graphics work station monitor two years old .20 dp It can display much higher resolutions then any LCD/LED monitor on the market currently. I do have a 32" LED and it is doing the exact same thing. But even when it works it looks nowhere as good as the CRT. Thanks in advance for any input on this issue.

grunau_baby
June 16th, 2010, 20:52
I had some trouble with my Geforce 8800 GTX and Il2 (Complete edition) recently. This helped me out, you just might like to try it:
1. Open the game config Panel (outside the game) and set your driver/card to "highest possible settings" (donīt chose a specific card!
2. Open your conf.ini and manually fill in your display resolution in (graphics).
3. Donīt forget to change your SaveAspectRatio to 0!!!

After that my water looked normal again and I got rid of hang ups of the display driver!

Regards
Alex

stansdds
June 17th, 2010, 01:52
Sounds like your in-game screen resolution is larger than your monitor's resolution. Make a note of your desktop screen resolution, then go to your Il2 config file and make sure it has the same resolution.