PDA

View Full Version : IRIS F-15 throttle

XLR8
June 16th, 2010, 16:24
I did a fresh install of FSX ACEL today. Installed the F15 freeware strike eagle . The throttle stay wide open . I remember a fix for this in a thread,and did a search and found a C/D mod but seen no fix in it . Dose anyone know how to fix this . Thanks

DaveKDEN
June 16th, 2010, 17:00
I did a fresh install of FSX ACEL today. Installed the F15 freeware strike eagle . The throttle stay wide open . I remember a fix for this in a thread,and did a search and found a C/D mod but seen no fix in it . Dose anyone know how to fix this . Thanks

Open the panel.cfg file, scroll down to the VCockpit01 section and edit the following gauge out like this (add the semi-colon before the gauge02=):

;gauge02=F15_Gauges!Afterburner FDC, 1,1,20,20

Cheers,
Dave

Railrunner130
June 16th, 2010, 17:02
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=35758&page=1&highlight=iris+f-15

For more tips on the F-15C/D and E.

XLR8
June 16th, 2010, 17:28
Thanks guys,I will bun this info to a disk for later .

BoxxMann
September 11th, 2015, 07:47
Hi all...

I REALLY hate to necro-bump an old, old thread, but I must...

I've recently dusted off FSX and installed some planes from long ago. I've been using Dan Chruch's FlyInside program that enables the Oulus to work with FSX. Now flying is GREAT!

I've tried in vain to find a solution to my Iris Mudhen F15E throttle problem, but I cannot. The closest is this thread. My panel.cfg file doesn't have the line referenced above and the throttle is either stuck wide open or completely off. Does anyone have a solution to offer? There isn't any information on Iris' page, and the plane was removed years ago from what I've learned.

Help is appreciated and thank you in advance!

BoxxMann

BoxxMann
September 13th, 2015, 10:20
Hi all...

I REALLY hate to necro-bump an old, old thread, but I must...

I've recently dusted off FSX and installed some planes from long ago. I've been using Dan Chruch's FlyInside program that enables the Oulus to work with FSX. Now flying is GREAT!

I've tried in vain to find a solution to my Iris Mudhen F15E throttle problem, but I cannot. The closest is this thread. My panel.cfg file doesn't have the line referenced above and the throttle is either stuck wide open or completely off. Does anyone have a solution to offer? There isn't any information on Iris' page, and the plane was removed years ago from what I've learned.

Help is appreciated and thank you in advance!

BoxxMann

Here's a note to posterity as the situation has been resolved. You have to edit the arcraft.cfg file and go down to the [autopilot] sub group. After that you have to change the following settings as follows:

[autopilot]
autopilot_available = 0
flight_director_available = 0
autothrottle_available = 0
autothrottle_arming_required= 0

All of the 0's are 1's by default. I don't know the exact one that fixes it, but changing all four to 0 fixed the stuck throttle.

Happy flying!

robertd903
January 16th, 2018, 03:43
Here's a note to posterity as the situation has been resolved. You have to edit the arcraft.cfg file and go down to the [autopilot] sub group. After that you have to change the following settings as follows:

[autopilot]
autopilot_available = 0
flight_director_available = 0
autothrottle_available = 0
autothrottle_arming_required= 0

All of the 0's are 1's by default. I don't know the exact one that fixes it, but changing all four to 0 fixed the stuck throttle.

Happy flying!

I have attached some pics showing how to resolve this...