PDA

View Full Version : View from the Macon

jdhaenens
June 16th, 2010, 15:40
OK, looks like we've settled on the Macon for the first airship. The vc was successfully mated with the model. Here are the first views.

crashaz
June 16th, 2010, 15:56
I knew it was only a matter of time till we saw your work flying!

Looks to be another winner jd!! :wavey:

jdhaenens
June 16th, 2010, 16:15
Actually, I've got to tell you, the model is not mine it was adapted to FSX by a MUCH better modeler than I will probably ever be. I'm just doing the vc. The lower stabilizer you see is his, the stuff inside is mine.

Sundog
June 16th, 2010, 16:54
It looks great! I had to go fly Bill Lyons Graf Zeppelin after seeing your original pics. You can never have too much helium! ;)

Of course, the GF was probably Hydrogen, so I'll feel much safer when the Macon is released. As long as I avoid storms, the weak tail shouldn't be a problem. :)

navychief8
June 17th, 2010, 08:51
What an awesome view that must have been in real life. Great job Jim!! The emergency conning station in the tail fin is looking good. :salute:

Bjoern
June 17th, 2010, 08:53
Those alpha-channeled beams still impress me. They look sooo awesome! :cool: :d

navychief8
June 17th, 2010, 09:05
Crashaz

She would look real good flying over some of your Battleships. Any chance they are still coming to FSX?

PutPut
June 17th, 2010, 09:27
Looks like I'll need to do a Macon paint job for the Sparrowhawk. It is currently painted for the Akron. I do have photo's of the Macon paint, so I just need to find the time.

Paul

crashaz
June 17th, 2010, 13:44
Crashaz

She would look real good flying over some of your Battleships. Any chance they are still coming to FSX?

Yeah we will be bringing the Pacific Fleet to spend some time around Long Beach, Bremerton and San Diego.:wiggle:

Lionheart
June 18th, 2010, 00:36
Great pics Jim. Awesome work.

Man, how awesome it would have been to see that fly over.

I am off to find pics of it on YouTube...

Bill