PDA

View Full Version : Where to Find ETO Expansion Download?

Certif
September 30th, 2008, 08:01
Hello:

Where might I find a site to download the ETO Expansion?

I have highspeed internet so I might be able to download it instead of bothering someone for a DVD.

Thank you

rbp71854
September 30th, 2008, 08:18
The ETO is no longer available as a download. Find an individual who has posted that they have DVDs available to send and pm them with your particulars.

Hello:

Where might I find a site to download the ETO Expansion?

I have highspeed internet so I might be able to download it instead of bothering someone for a DVD.

Thank you

Certif
September 30th, 2008, 08:22
OK. Thank you.

Johann Steve
September 30th, 2008, 10:28
I'm sharing ETO expansion via eMule v0.49b under the name:

CFS3_ETO_Expansion_1.0.zip size:1.17GB

rbp71854
September 30th, 2008, 14:49
Johann

Please discontinue file sharing of the ETO Expansion via bit torrent.
The Groundhogs have not given permission to distribute this add on via this method. Please refer to the license agreement that is included with your copy of the CFS3 ETO Expansion. We appreciate you taking the initiative to do so, but we have not decided where, if and how to distribute the ETO other than via DVD at this time.

Thank you.

!

Good luck!![/quote]

middle
September 30th, 2008, 15:03
I have edited that post to disappear the links. I think this is getting a bit out of hand. You guys have all waited much longer for MAW and PTO updates. What ever happend to a little patience? I've never seen so much greed for somethin that was made to be given away in the first place but altho it's "free" it is also intelectual property and not to be done with as anyone pleases just because you can. We, the Groundhogs, and myself both as a Groundhog and a member of the SOH staff never intended so much craziness over a flight sim add-on. I have to watch my language here but I can guarantee that what i'm saying right now if we were in
the "world" would not be so restrained. Chill the %$%# out...we will get the ETO Expansion to all in the way that we best see fit and in our own time .. You will get yours when you get it and not before. We realize all of you have an opinion on this, OK, you have opined now relax, please. We also know most of you have the best intentions and we appreciate it, but now there's not any more that can be said so lighten up. middle

Johann Steve
September 30th, 2008, 15:14
Sorry guys break the copyright law wasn't my intention. I just want to help the people.

I'm going to stop the sharing.

Note: is not a torrent

Good luck!!

middle
September 30th, 2008, 15:34
Johann, we appreciate your wanting to help. But it would have been better for you to either PM someone in the Groundhogs or explain to us what it was you had in mind before taking it upon yourself to just go ahead and do it. The issue here is simply respect for intelectual property and givng us a little bit of time to catch our breath and figure out how to best get on with this. As I said before in another post it was never our intention to create all this craziness which is why we're asking folks to simply calm down and relax...everyone will get theirs in good time.
Your way may be a good one but we would first like the opportunity to investigate that possibility. The Groundhogs are a team and as such we make decisions regarding our product like a team and that process cannot happen if people who are not on the team take it upon themselves to do what they want with what is essentially the property of the Groundhogs.

middle

Squiffy
October 1st, 2008, 10:45
All I can say is, I'm dang lucky I bought and installed a dvd drive for my racing game over the summer. I hate to say it but I think we dropped the ball with inadequate DL access. DVD was not an option for me until recently. People will notice that all of my material was well packed, complete, and had no false drops for catastophic unincluded files and so forth. :d

rbp71854
October 1st, 2008, 11:00
Sigh

Ah Squiffy who would have guessed that the ETO would have been so much in demand. The DL troubles are a product of its own success. Haven't had such a condition since the rollout of OFF Phase 2. Rememer the intial rollout of OFF and Winder had to find another site to host OFF?

Have no fear people are working on some alternatives, but it takes time to do a good job.

cheers M8

All I can say is, I'm dang lucky I bought and installed a dvd drive for my racing game over the summer. I hate to say it but I think we dropped the ball with inadequate DL access. DVD was not an option for me until recently. People will notice that all of my material was well packed, complete, and had no false drops for catastophic unincluded files and so forth. :d

ronnybengt
October 1st, 2008, 12:59
Well said.....

R

Squiffy
October 1st, 2008, 18:41
OK then, a round of shots on me then. Need to wash down a dose of cold hard reality.

:ernae:

Gulp! Ahhhh! That's much better.

:costumes:

lefty
October 2nd, 2008, 01:06
I don't think it is entirely fair to castigate people for diving in to obtain a long-awaited add-on when it finally appears. Don't know so much about ETO, but certainly MAW was so long in gestation, it got everyone very frustrated. That, however, didn't stop the developers posting 'teases' for about two years.................

MAULET
October 2nd, 2008, 01:16
Middle I got ETO downloaded. If any in Spain or Portugal want it... Can i make a copy in DVD and send them...?
I wait for your answer... by the way, lots of thanks to ETO team
Regads
José Vt.
:jump::jump::jump::jump:

ronnybengt
October 2nd, 2008, 07:33
i keep wondering..arnt there any swedes out there...?? i know a fin and a dane...???

R

Squiffy
October 4th, 2008, 16:52
I'm working way to hard here so that's why I'm mad. I'm jealous because I didnt' get a chance to download it earlier. No hard feelings.