PDA

View Full Version : Avanti P180 now available

strykerpsg
June 15th, 2010, 13:26
It's out today from Wilcopub! Thanks, been waiting for this one.:salute:

Matt

http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=prod_avanti

Also, according to their video, the Ferrari beat the P180...

Ark
June 15th, 2010, 18:10
Great news!! Going to grab mine right after putting my little boy to bed.

Any idea when the FSX + FS9 pack is being released? I am partial to picking up both when the combo pack becomes available.

Thanks, Baz and team!

Txmmy83
June 16th, 2010, 02:47
Any idea when the FSX + FS9 pack is being released? I am partial to picking up both when the combo pack becomes available.

I will also get both when bundle becomes available :)

BR
Tom

JPL19
June 16th, 2010, 08:13
Hello All,

My first post here.

I see where the Avanti developer sometimes frequents here. I am having a few issues with this new AC. Is anybody else seeing these? (Win7 64)

Can not set present position in FMS. Enter data in scratch pad via normal methods (RSK2) then try LSK5, get message "ENTRY ERROR"
NAV/COM "station" (radios) do not fully work in VC. Can not select Nav STBY, or ADF in order to change freq. Note that it does work in 2D
Sounds seem messed up. Starting right engine there is virtually no sound even once running. Then starting left engine brings in very loud engine sounds. I believe the Avanti is susposed to be very quiet?
No functioning audio selctor panel to select COM2? It looks like there is a NAV ident feature on the "radio station"
No gauge background for the cabin pressure?
Overall an enjoyable, simple AC. The various functions are "bare bones". For instance, no taxi lights. The toggle visually has OFF/TAXI/LDG, but the switch allows only ON/OFF. Several 3D switches do work in the VC, but have no function. Hitting any switch in the "Master Switches" section on the copilot side actually moves the windshied heater switch. The FMC / CDU is basic, PERF sections appears disabled, etc. But, it will allow SIDS / STARs, etc.

I reported this to WILCO and received form reply that they would report this to the developer. Again, I have some squawks, but for the price is these issues are fixed it seems like a fun AC to fly.

Thanks,

Joe L.

bazzar
June 16th, 2010, 14:29
Yes there have been a few bugs surfacing and they will be fixed.We need to get all the bugs ironed out before the product goes to box.

MM
June 16th, 2010, 17:02
Baz (or anyone), do we know if the new Avanti will work under Vista 64? (The Wilco website says they don't support the OS.)

bazzar
June 16th, 2010, 17:49
Vista 64 has one or two issues with FSX. We can't guarantee compatibility but if the problems are not too horrendous, we will look at it for an update/patch. Best I can do at the moment.

Please remember that Wilco has an excellent approach to development. A download release is made available first, which carries a full programme of updates and bug fixes. This helps us devs to iron out problems, put in any wishlist items people may have made and so on, before the boxed product is finally manufactured. So, no download purchaser ever has less than the final boxed product, except the printed manuals and a shiny box.

WIth P180II (despite what some people may say :>)) it is a complex build and has input from several quarters such as avionics and gauge programming which is a different team to say, the modeling. So to get things right is a bit of a balancing act initially but it all comes right in the end.

Lionheart
June 16th, 2010, 18:53
Anyone have some screenshots yet?

An Avanti flew over my house yesterday. They have a very unique prop sound. There is one based here at Deer Valley. Thing looks brand new. Shines like it has 12 coats of slowly rubbed on wax......

oooooo lah lah

dvj
June 16th, 2010, 19:08
Vista 64 has one or two issues with FSX. We can't guarantee compatibility but if the problems are not too horrendous, we will look at it for an update/patch. Best I can do at the moment.

Please remember that Wilco has an excellent approach to development. A download release is made available first, which carries a full programme of updates and bug fixes. This helps us devs to iron out problems, put in any wishlist items people may have made and so on, before the boxed product is finally manufactured. So, no download purchaser ever has less than the final boxed product, except the printed manuals and a shiny box.

WIth P180II (despite what some people may say :>)) it is a complex build and has input from several quarters such as avionics and gauge programming which is a different team to say, the modeling. So to get things right is a bit of a balancing act initially but it all comes right in the end.

Really? No Vista 64 support? Guess that leaves me out for the moment. Why not beta test on 64 as well as 32?

Ark
June 16th, 2010, 19:16
Really? No Vista 64 support? Guess that leaves me out for the moment. Why not beta test on 64 as well as 32?

I have yet to purchase the Avanti II (waiting for the FSX + FS9 combo pack), but for what it's worth, I have never had an issue with Win7 64 (or Vista 64 when I had it) with FSX.

Hope this helps.

strykerpsg
June 16th, 2010, 19:28
Yes there have been a few bugs surfacing and they will be fixed.We need to get all the bugs ironed out before the product goes to box.

Thanks for acknowledging early on there are some bugs and your diligently addressing them. I too have seen a few bugs, but overall really like the look and feel of the plane. I will hold off flying until it's patched and then do some globetrotting in style!

Matt

Ark
June 16th, 2010, 20:02
Baz, any idea when the DL version of the FSX + FS9 combo pack might be released? It just says "June" on Wilco's site.

Thanks!

Ark
June 16th, 2010, 23:25
Just picked up the Avanti and did a quick walk-around (couldn't wait for the combo, lol). Noticed a few issues with regards to the model and some other aspects. I have not dived into heavy flying yet so these are just a few quick things I noticed. So far, I am quite impressed overall with the model, I would just like to see some of these things fixed to make it look even better.

1. The main gear doors (rear gear) do not mate with the fuselage, i.e., there is a gap around where the door meets the fuselage so you can see inside of the gear bay while the doors are closed.

2. When viewed from the outside, the copilot's side of the fuselage is invisible (it is as if there is no fuselage present. I can take a screenshot if needed).

3. The red beacon flashes on the inside of the passenger compartment.

4. The pilot/copilot sunvisors, whe extended, cannot be seen from the external view (just something I like seeing as an extra detail, personal preference).

5. On the AP panel, I am not able to left-click/right-click to make adjustments with the knobs, I can only drag left or right/up or down. This would be nice to have just out of ease of use.

6. On the AP panel, none of the buttons light up to tell what is activated (do the real buttons light up?).

7. On the FMC, I am unable to set my present location. (Mentioned below by somebody else)

8. Sounds - The aircraft sounds louder inside than outside, it almost seems like it is louder on the left side of ther aircraft (mentioned by somebody else). Shutting off the left engine makes the aircraft almost completely silent from external view depite the right engine still running.

As stated, these are a few quick things I noticed right away. I will keep testing tomorrow to see what else I can find that may help make the aircraft even better.

Anneke
June 17th, 2010, 08:43
post hoc beta testing...you wonder what the real betatesters did..:sleep:

dvj
June 17th, 2010, 19:11
post hoc beta testing...you wonder what the real betatesters did..:sleep:

Nothing apparently. Guess it's a wait for SP1.

strykerpsg
June 18th, 2010, 18:55
Bazaar, aside from the already mentioned bugs, I actually flew it around tonight and really like what you've put into the design. Thanks for the great work and best speed on the release of the patch. This one will be flown quite often by me and am looking forward to the update.

Matt :salute:

Ark
June 18th, 2010, 20:52
Bazaar, aside from the already mentioned bugs, I actually flew it around tonight and really like what you've put into the design. Thanks for the great work and best speed on the release of the patch. This one will be flown quite often by me and am looking forward to the update.

Matt :salute:

Ditto!! :ernae:

bazzar
June 18th, 2010, 21:20
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. You know with the relative shortage of new stuff for FSX, I guess a lot of people get very anxious when anything new comes out. Fair enough too. But I can assure everyone that a huge amount of development work went into this Avanti and once we've killed the bugs I know she's going to bring a lot of happiness to everyone.

We now have a complete set of performance charts from the factory and have revised the flight dynamics to reflect these. They will be available along with the revised flight files in the first upgrade.

Ark
June 18th, 2010, 21:41
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. You know with the relative shortage of new stuff for FSX, I guess a lot of people get very anxious when anything new comes out. Fair enough too. But I can assure everyone that a huge amount of development work went into this Avanti and once we've killed the bugs I know she's going to bring a lot of happiness to everyone.

We now have a complete set of performance charts from the factory and have revised the flight dynamics to reflect these. They will be available along with the revised flight files in the first upgrade.

Sounds good!!

Any idea what is on the "fix list" so far so we are not reporting issues that are already in the pipeline to be fixed?

Thanks!

bazzar
June 19th, 2010, 00:59
Have a look on the Wilco site. I believe they are putting up a support page which will be constantly updated.

Ark
June 19th, 2010, 06:55
Have a look on the Wilco site. I believe they are putting up a support page which will be constantly updated.

I can't seem to locate any page for Avanti Support or even a way of reporting support issues. Any ideas?

JPL19
June 19th, 2010, 07:55
I can't seem to locate any page for Avanti Support or even a way of reporting support issues. Any ideas?

FYI - the link to their reporting form is at the very bottom of the Wilco support page. Here it is:

http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=support_form

Joe

Ark
June 19th, 2010, 08:12
FYI - the link to their reporting form is at the very bottom of the Wilco support page. Here it is:

http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=support_form

Joe

Thanks, Joe!

cheezyflier
June 19th, 2010, 14:40
i am wondering how frame friendly the model is, and can someone post a few screenies?

Ark
June 19th, 2010, 22:51
i am wondering how frame friendly the model is, and can someone post a few screenies?

Hello Cheezy,

Framerates are very good on my system (see specs in my signature). The Wilco site actually has a ton of screenshots on the Avanti's project page. Outside of a few modeling issues I already posted about and reported to Wilco (the main thing being the rear gear doors), the model is very nicely done. The modelers did quite a nice job. The VC is also, IMO, very well done. There are bugs, but the design and color palette utilized in the VC suits my tastes to a T. I love the clean and contemporary look.

I will try and post some screens for you. Anything specific you are looking for?

Ark
June 20th, 2010, 22:49
Baz, if we have screenshots of model issues and whatnot, where do we send those? I don't think you can upload pics to the Wilco site.

Thanks!

bazzar
June 20th, 2010, 23:45
Hi Ark,

Please send me a PM. Thanks.

B.

Lionheart
June 21st, 2010, 01:27
Sounds like a fantastic plane. Seeing the one out at Deer Valley has me wanting this very bad.

Great to hear the frame rates are smoooooth.

Bill

Ark
June 21st, 2010, 05:10
Hi Ark,

Please send me a PM. Thanks.

B.

Pm set.

Thanks!

LonelyplanetXO
June 21st, 2010, 11:00
I'd just hold off on that framerate declaration yet. Ark's machine is way better than mine admittedly, but FPS is not the Avanti's strong point on my system - at all. No worries tho - I've done some testing & emailed Wilco with the specifics. She's parked her on the maintenance ramp awaiting a patch.

LPXO

flaviossa
June 21st, 2010, 11:04
Just to give my observations, i´m getting a hard fps hit here too, compared to others oddons with the same or near level of details and systems. But as said above, i will not give more opinion before the patch arrives. It parked too for now ...

JPL19
June 21st, 2010, 11:17
Is anyone else able to enter PPOS in the INIT page? Both the LSK2 to scratch pad to RSK5, as well as manual entry to RSK5 (per the support page) bring up ENTRY ERROR.

The Wilco support page (now up) does not list that as a "KNOWN ISSUE", but a user error type point. I can not get it to work, I do know how.

Thanks,

Joe

Ark
June 21st, 2010, 13:14
Is anyone else able to enter PPOS in the INIT page? Both the LSK2 to scratch pad to RSK5, as well as manual entry to RSK5 (per the support page) bring up ENTRY ERROR.

The Wilco support page (now up) does not list that as a "KNOWN ISSUE", but a user error type point. I can not get it to work, I do know how.

Thanks,

Joe

Hey Joe,

Yeah, a few of us have the issue and reported it as well.

Ark
June 21st, 2010, 13:51
On a side note, Wilco contacted me requesting screenshots of the model issues I have been finding and reporting over them, so that is good news as well.

joanvalley
June 24th, 2010, 11:47
Just to give my observations, i´m getting a hard fps hit here too, compared to others oddons with the same or near level of details and systems. But as said above, i will not give more opinion before the patch arrives. It parked too for now ...

I just got it today too and I'm having a hard hit on FPS as well, more than 10-15 FPS compared to other add-ons making it almost unflyable (I'm getting 8-9 FPS on airports and 17-18 on the air).

Also, I believe that there is a problem with the smoothing groups on the vertical tail-rudder I'm including a screenshot:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/joanvalley/smavanti.jpg

Jose

strykerpsg
June 25th, 2010, 04:20
Version 1.1 now available. The list of fixes posted at Wilcopub.

Matt

dvj
June 25th, 2010, 11:35
Downloaded v1.1. Still has a taxi too fast problem.

JPL19
June 25th, 2010, 19:38
Still the POS INIT issue for me as well, seems as if they ignored the reports . . .

Joe

flaviossa
June 26th, 2010, 12:38
The POS INI is working normal here now.
I noticed a new bug: The crossfed fuel switch don´t appear in the 2d panels .... In the vc it is there. FPS still hard on my rig.
A think a service patch #2 will be needed in this case... Let´s see!

EDIT: Is it possible to get up to date navigation data? Some navigraph compatible package perhaps?

bazzar
June 26th, 2010, 15:16
There will be a second patch. We have eased off the taxying power and are looking at some of the other items.

The framerate issue I do not understand. I have tested on high and low end machines and the worst rate I get on an old dualcore is around 18-20 over Heathrow, running Rex. The model size is actually quite a lot smaller than most complex add-ons and there are a lot less textures than the norm. Glass cockpits always do bring the rates down but not that appreciably. It all depends on what else one is running and what sceneries and other add-ons are also running.

JPL19
June 26th, 2010, 15:30
After reading post by flaviossa I tried POS INIT again. So far, I have had it work once, but not a second time. Very strange.

Exterior sound now very very too loud. Interior volume is ok, until you change to an exterior view, then when you go back it sounds like a rough idle, and does not vary with power or pitch at all . . .

Joe

Ark
June 26th, 2010, 15:58
Some bugs I have noticed after the new build (some are pre-existing):

1. POS INIT still does not work for me.
2. Unable to choose FMC option on the POS INIT LSK.
3. PERF key on the FMC does not work.
4. Can't set tilt on the Weather Radar (am I doing something wrong?)
5. Sun Visors are stuck down on the exterior model. If they cannot be animated on the external model, I actually prefer to just have them up. Flying at night with the sunvisors down (when looking at the aircraft from the outside) looks strange.
6. Left side of rudder seems to have smoothing issue (noted earlier)

I will report other issues as I find them.

Regards,

Ark
June 26th, 2010, 16:09
I just got it today too and I'm having a hard hit on FPS as well, more than 10-15 FPS compared to other add-ons making it almost unflyable (I'm getting 8-9 FPS on airports and 17-18 on the air).

Also, I believe that there is a problem with the smoothing groups on the vertical tail-rudder I'm including a screenshot:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/joanvalley/smavanti.jpg

Jose

Jose, I noticed on your pic that your sun visors in the cockpit are not stuck down. Are you running version 1.1 of the Avanti?

Mine are stuck down and I am unable to get them to rotate out of the way (they are always down on the external model no matter what position they are in while in the VC).

Thanks

flaviossa
June 26th, 2010, 16:35
First (Or second), my i say thanks for the open channel here with you Bazzar! Your Avanti is beautifiul, only needing some adjustments. :salute:

Regarding the FPS issue, i got 8fps in VC in this situation:
- Midday in Trieste airport (LIPQ) - Payware TropicalSim - with 0% traffic.
- Rex 2.0
- Avanti 1.1.
- FSX sp2 win 7 64bits 8gb nvidia 285gtx.
- Noyhing more running (Only antivirus soft)

With for example, the Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0 i´m getting 22fps in the same situation.
I´ll try other situations to see if it´s a matter of the combination of the situation above. Of course, this could be a flaw in my installation too, who knows!

So Bazzar, don´t think that all the messages regarding the little issues with the Avanti is just to
upset you :ernae: I´m very happy with your prompt help and the record time in releasing the 1# patch.

Thank you!

LonelyplanetXO
June 26th, 2010, 17:52
Hi Barry,

Further to Flaviossa's comments, I posted this to Wilco, but sounds like it's not been passed on: (edited version with some corrections & clarifications compared with the one sent to Wilco). Also forgot to mention in that I was running REX.

"Firstly, congratulations on getting the Avanti out. I can see a lot of work's gone into it and it looks like a fine model. Unfortunately on my system I'm encountering framerate issues : avg 7.8 FPS in relatively sparse FSX default scenery, incapable of hitting double figures at all. I understand my PC is less than I7-ideal but feel that it should be adequate when I see consistently great FPS in default models and in Lionheart's Garmin equipped toys (the same as in two or three other payware addons).

Part of my job is testing software and my instinct is that the low framerates are caused by inefficient XML code, but there's something else there too - refer testing.

To test the code theory I flew a circuit entirely from the VC, result as above.
Then repeated the flight, having commented out the PFD's in the panel.cfg. Result was avg 14fps (12-16). So the PFD gauge' is costing about 6fps.
Did it again, this time with the PFD's enabled but the MFD commented out. FPS was roughly 11-15, suggesting the MFD is slightly heavier again.
Repeated once more commenting out the FMC - no appreciable difference - the FMC is not affecting performance.
Then tried with all 3 main screens commented out. Interestingly the FPS hovered around 18 (15-21ish). Hmm, perhaps there's something else - Poly count? Other XML gauges?
Finally, repeated the circuit in Bill's Epic LT (on the basis that it's similar insofar as it has a full glass cockpit) to check there's nothing else going on that might affect the test. FPS ran 21-24, which is what I'd expect to see on my system.

My recommendation would be a major ovehaul of those two gauges and investigation of all of the XML code to track down any "framegobblers".
Regarding the model, I imagine your coming FS9 version will be a stripped, downgraded model designed to fit the older sim's less capable compiler. Perhaps you could also do an FSX version to the same spec? ie. a "Lite" version of the Avanti - might help those with lower end systems.
~blah blah blah...

Test System: Intel 2.4Ghz Quad core, 3.2Ghz DDR2 RAM, Nvidia 260GTX 896Mb card Win XP. FSX/Accelleration/SP2"

Flavio's comment is worth repeating - We're not posting comments to upset anyone, rather trying to be assistive :)

LPXO

joanvalley
June 26th, 2010, 19:17
Jose, I noticed on your pic that your sun visors in the cockpit are not stuck down. Are you running version 1.1 of the Avanti?

Mine are stuck down and I am unable to get them to rotate out of the way (they are always down on the external model no matter what position they are in while in the VC).

Thanks

No mate, the screenshot was taken with the original release version. I'll try out the new 1.1 today as I've been very busy with the Pilatus PC-21 I'm building. I think the smoothing problem was not fixed then.

Jose.

flaviossa
June 30th, 2010, 04:25
If someone was thinking about navdata updates for the Avanti, here is an email i recieved from Wilco this morning:

Dear Sir,
For the moment there is no AIRAC available on www.navigraph.com (http://www.navigraph.com/). Dealing is
in progress.

To let us keep track of this e-mail, please reply without changing the
content. Thank You !

Best regards,
Christophe Modave - Technical Consultant
Wilco Publishing

So, for the moment, we have to go with the old one! But, they statethat a "dealing" is in progress too, so nice news!! :salute:

PZL Belfegor
July 7th, 2010, 01:18
Hello,
Did anyone success in operating the autopilot controls from VC? I can only drag to rotate knobs, I can't click them for example to select heading or change from IAS to mach (left mouse button, right, center, mouse wheel, nothing works...) - in the 2d panel the controls works fine, but I'd rather use VC. Moreover, the labels on knobs are different in VC and panel (the latter are correct).

merida72
July 9th, 2010, 12:29
HI at all...

exists a paint kit?

T1000

bazzar
July 9th, 2010, 15:00
Hello all,

Just a quick update. We are at work on an update for the issues here anhd a few other bugs. Namely we now have retractable sunvisors on the outside, textures fixed on rudder areas, condition levers now work as they should, sounds have been improved etc.

I know that Eric has the list on systems. That's his department.

Yes there will be a paint kit once we have finalised the boxed version. For those interested, the FS9 version is almost complete.

Thanks

flaviossa
July 9th, 2010, 16:25
Thanks for the HU Bazzar! Nice to hear! :salute:

Ark
July 9th, 2010, 19:02
Excellent support, Baz!!! :ernae:

Ark
July 22nd, 2010, 22:52
Hey Baz,

Any word on the new patch and the FS2004 version?

I'd like to purchase that one as well when available.

Thanks!

bazzar
July 23rd, 2010, 00:23
Hi Ark,

Yes, the FSX patch is complete and is in testing. I think you'll find all or most of the issues fixed where it has been practical. The FS9 version is also on finals.:wavey:

Ark
July 23rd, 2010, 19:31
Hi Ark,

Yes, the FSX patch is complete and is in testing. I think you'll find all or most of the issues fixed where it has been practical. The FS9 version is also on finals.:wavey:

Awesome, thanks! :ernae:

gradyhappyg
July 27th, 2010, 03:49
For those interested the patch/upgrade to version 1.2 is now available at Wilco's website.
Too bad the work thingy which will prevent me from flying/testing it out untill tonight.

Here is the link:
http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=support_avanti

JPL19
July 27th, 2010, 12:04
Only had time for a short short test.

Seems better, but, notice that in the 2D pop up the prop control moves with the prop lever, in the VC it moves with the mixture control.

Also, very very annoying sound when I switched from external view back to 2D / VC. Same as first release - sounds like a loud idle, at the same pitch no matter the throttle or RPM settings, so loud as to be totally distracting. It is not the same engine sound you here if you stay in the cockpit only.

It does now take PPOS for me - so seems like a move in the right direction.

Joe

doublecool
July 27th, 2010, 15:13
Hmm...???

LonelyplanetXO
July 27th, 2010, 23:26