PDA

View Full Version : A Resurrection. . .of sorts

falcon409
June 14th, 2010, 07:43
This was one of the very first sceneries I tried and was never satisfied with it so it just got moved to storage, lol. I decided to try it again. I'm going to redo the autogen vegetation now that I have a better handle on the annotator and I'm adding a lot of the inner island water that I didn't know how to do when I started this.

The last pic shows the only real problem I have. how to exclude the landmass left over from the main exclude I did to get rid of the default Island. I tried originally and only succeeded in eliminating all the satellite islands north of the main island. Using the QMID grid, I can take out square areas, but I need to to be able to work around the smaller islands to the north and that has eluded me so far.

letsgetrowdy
June 14th, 2010, 07:55
Sweet! Where that?

falcon409
June 14th, 2010, 08:02
Here ya go:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tangier,_Virginia

Here's another link, check out the comments. . .depending on who you talk to, Tangier Island is either the best place they'd ever visited. . .or they couldn't wait to get off the Island and would never go back, lol.
http://www.airnav.com/airport/KTGI/A

NoNewMessages
June 14th, 2010, 09:45
The last pic shows the only real problem I have. how to exclude the landmass left over from the main exclude I did to get rid of the default Island. I tried originally and only succeeded in eliminating all the satellite islands north of the main island. Using the QMID grid, I can take out square areas, but I need to to be able to work around the smaller islands to the north and that has eluded me so far.

It would be interesting to see how the project looks in SBX, zoomed out with the Grid turned on to level 11. Land will show where there's no replacement water, as you're well aware of. Must get some Annotator advice from you in the coming months! :ernae:

falcon409
June 14th, 2010, 10:16
It would be interesting to see how the project looks in SBX, zoomed out with the Grid turned on to level 11. Land will show where there's no replacement water, as you're well aware of. Must get some Annotator advice from you in the coming months!
. . .and, it's fixed. I don't know if I did this correctly, but the end result is that the land is gone and the satellite Islands are in place and I can concentrate on the main Island now. The black square in the photoimage is an easy fix, I just wasn't concerned with that for the time being. I just happened to take a shot of the progress in SBX there NNM, so someone who really knows what they're doing (unlike me, lol) can tell if this was the correct fix or if I went about it the long way around.

skyhawka4m
June 14th, 2010, 10:20
I'm liking this alot Falcon!

bkeske
June 14th, 2010, 10:28
That is fantastic Falcon. I used to vacation on the Eastern Shore of Virginia (around Eastville, right on the Bay), and am very familiar with Tangier Island. Your comment about the Island can probably hold true for most of the Eastern Shore, at least back then. Personally, I loved the area.

I always wanted someone to design this Island airport, so here is a big 'thumbs up'.

BTW, I've been flying around Europe, and really enjoyed flying into a couple of your Great Britain airfields on my way through. Very nice stuff you do.

falcon409
June 14th, 2010, 15:40
Thanks guys, I'm reworking the vegetation right now and adding all the little water/marsh areas around the Islands.

Dimus
June 15th, 2010, 01:27
This looks really good Falcon. I love your work!

Cazzie
June 15th, 2010, 01:44
Tangier Island, VA, sure, that looks super falcon, anticipating heavily.

Caz

falcon409
June 15th, 2010, 07:49
Happier with this than I was with the first try. Still some more trees to place and a little tweak on the inland water and marsh areas, but I should be able to post this one by tomorrow.

Marvin Carter
June 15th, 2010, 10:25
Ed you are really getting good at this!!!

Railrunner130
June 15th, 2010, 17:30
Very cool!

Thanks in advance Ed!

Matt Wynn
June 15th, 2010, 18:03
Looks fantastic already Ed! maybe you could take a look at my local club(s) someday (They are tiny places - Sittles Farm,Lichfield and Baxterley/Charity Farm, Atherstone).... i'm sure some of the non-ukvfr types and even the bush flyers would appreciate these places in fact it gives me an idea, expect a PM Shortly Buddy... :salute:

falcon409
June 15th, 2010, 18:40
Yep, lookin at them now Matt.:salute:

wantok
June 15th, 2010, 18:54
You've certainly come a long way in a short time with this project, Ed. Looks fantastic indeed.

bkeske
June 22nd, 2010, 11:22
Falcon,

Just saw that you released this scenery, uploaded it, and installed it.

Incredible job man, so happy to have this airport 'built' for my next trip to 'the shore'.

:wiggle:

falcon409
June 22nd, 2010, 11:27
Glad you were able to get it. Actually, all of my scenery has been removed from the site due to possible copyright infringement. Doesn't mean anything to you or anyone else who has them, but I won't be doing scenery for public upload anymore.

Enjoy the Island, I was real happy with the way that came out.

JoeW
June 22nd, 2010, 12:26
I was about to ask about what happened to this. When is it done? You'll have to teach me how to do this.

JoeW
June 22nd, 2010, 13:25
Well .......... got it and sorted it out and installed it. It don't show on the GPS tho........

bkeske
June 22nd, 2010, 13:39
Glad you were able to get. Actually, all of my scenery has been removed from the site due to possible copyright infringement. Doesn't mean anything to you or anyone who else who has them, but I won't be doing scenery for public upload anymore.

Enjoy the Island, I was real happy with the way that came out.

Well, that is unfortunate. I went in and just realized the 'hidden' label next to this and other of your sceneries, but am able to download the rest I did not already have.

Not sure what the issue is, but could 'hazard a guess'.

Perhaps in the future, you should do what Frank does with his photo-real Alps sceneries, and let them be obtained/distributed via privets email.

clmooring
June 22nd, 2010, 17:45
Falcon

I cant tell you how excited I was when I started reading the thread and looking at the screenshots. I live a in Chesapeake VA. I am not a real world pilot, but I have flown in and out Tangier from the right seat multiple times.

Not a lot on the island except incredible scenery that your add-on has nailed dead on, a very good down home cooking resturant and a look into a far more simple life style. Most transportation around the island is by golf cart and the roads are generally just wide enough for those.

For fun I often repeat those real world flights in FS. So, you can imagine how disappointed I am not to be able to download the scenery. It would truly have enhance my fs experience.

Chuck

falcon409
June 22nd, 2010, 19:02
Yep, aside from Spangdahlem, which never got released, Tangier was the one I spent the most time on and there were still things I thought about doing and just didn't so I could get it uploaded. Oh well.