PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Dean passes........

luckydog
June 13th, 2010, 20:49
I loved almost everything he came out with, but I think "Big Bad John" was my favorite......

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obit_jimmy_dean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx59fmP7jYE

Jagdflieger
June 13th, 2010, 22:15
What a shame. I too enjoyed his songs, especially "Big, Bad John."

He was also a pretty good TV and radio salesman for his brand of sausage too.

OBIO
June 13th, 2010, 23:16
Definitely a cut above other entertainers. I grew up listening to his music and eating his sausage. I had Jimmy Dean sausage today actually.

RIP Jimmy. You have earned your rest.

OBIO

jmig
June 14th, 2010, 03:26
I liked him too. He was a very upbeat person and always smiled.

Cazzie
June 14th, 2010, 04:23
I still eat his sausage, RIP Jimmy. He was a better businessman than recording artist, said he only recorded music and did TV to make enough capital to get in the hog business, something he and his brother knew well, but never had the money to start up. He did just that and was worth far more than more singers from his day. A smart man. Think I'll fry up a couple cakes and tell Sara Lee to kiss my arse, Jimmy would like that.

Met him at a NASCAR race many years ago; saw him a few times after that and just said hi and did a little chit-chat. Tall, lanky fella, good Joe, quick witted. A fellow "Sore Back" in his latter years. Went to his estate with my artist buddy Steve before the fire in 2009. I liked his songs too LD, but more than that, I liked his southern sense of humor.

Caz

lifejogger
June 14th, 2010, 05:18
That is too bad, sounds like it was unexpected. I just finished eating a Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage sandwich. He was a good entertainer and I enjoyed watching his show back in the 60's.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Terry
June 14th, 2010, 05:31
He even did a little acting such as Diamonds Are Forever, as billionaire Willard White.
Good person, sad to see him pass.

Snuffy
June 14th, 2010, 06:39
Sorry to hear this. I've been by the Dean Estate in Varina plenty of times when I lived in Mechanicsville. Its near the Richmond Battlefield Park area.

Also enjoyed Jimmy Dean's Variety show back when I was a kid ... he was a great help to another entertainer who has since passed. Jim Henson and one of his first muppets ... Rowlf the Dog.

I remember them very fondly.

And Loved the man's idea of how sausage needs to be made.

R.I.P. Mr. Dean ... you were a great influence in my life. :salute:

HouseHobbit
June 14th, 2010, 09:03
I agree with all here, it is a SAD Day..:crybaby:
RIP Jimmy Dean..:engel016: