PDA

View Full Version : B24 time is here at Regs

seacondor
June 13th, 2010, 19:23
The B24 has arrived at Regs Hanger It is in Nachtpilotens section. There is a problem on the page with the expanded images so don't try them. All the download links work.

House Hobbit and I have made some test missions for the release so you can fly the planes.
House Hobbit is making a good set of missions and will be posted in the near future.
Good luck with it.
Thanks to all that were involved. I myself have only done the Website work.

Autothrottle
June 13th, 2010, 20:44
Hello seacondor,

I've travelled over to reg's and saw the B-24. Most excellent, thanks to all involved. However, for the engine sounds can you use any other sound like that of an AVH B-17?

Led Zeppelin
June 14th, 2010, 02:05
great!!:jump:

Led Zeppelin
June 14th, 2010, 02:05
:jump:thanks!

NachtPiloten
June 14th, 2010, 02:33
You can use any sounds you want. You'll just need to redo the sounds cfg in the main folder and point it in the right direction.

Just a reminder. The model was provided to me by Luca and needed a cockpit (thanks to Steve Seybolt!) a revision of the animations (me) mapping and skinning (John and me), flightmodel and damage profile (me) and a good set of eyes to critique the plane (Frosty, Capt. Winters) to find the bugs. I was just fortunate enough to orchestrate the work and put it together.

The ai is accessible via qc, why you ask? The main model is a framerate hog, the price you pay for detail. You should be able to get 5-10 of the ai's in game without much issue compared to 1-2 of the main model.

The gunstations are all textured and mapped however they are a bit sparse. To access the waist and belly guns you must use shift+c! Due to limitations with CFS3 not all the stations could be animated. Other than that just let me know what errors you find and we'll fix them.

Just want to say a big thanks to all involved. :icon29:There are two other D planes to be released and then a J sometime in the distant future.

:ukraine:

loverboy1
June 14th, 2010, 04:44
got mine WORKING for ETO ..AND MISSION.. and using the sounds files for b24- from cfs2 sound files works excellent ......

THE COCKPIT IS A REAL step forward out side of firepower ...for growth and further emersion

excellent hats off

a world wife CLAP for the developer/s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We4eLG-Y08c

tks joshua

Old Tiger
June 14th, 2010, 04:51
:salute:Wonderful:ernae:Great work guys:medals::medals:

loverboy1
June 14th, 2010, 05:04
HH" =HOBBIT , no more words as your missions need no more words ...tks

theres MANY SILENT " behinde the scenes makers , testers and admin and making it possiable for us the simmer to get - fly and try - and enjoy

sir grizz" - known as grizzely ....is one of em tks grizzey

grizzly50
June 14th, 2010, 06:31
:kilroy:Loverboy1,

Clarification here. I only did a small series of aircraft test runs for NP and his team.

The real praise goes to Nachtpiloten, sdsbolt, Seacondor, and HouseHobbit (for a mission on Reg's), and those we never saw who worked on this wonderful and excellent addition.:d

greycap.raf
June 14th, 2010, 07:02
Let there be light again. Made for Hellsadroppin II, I hope the texturing is the same for the others too. No landing light as of yet. Perhaps later tonight.

<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_nav_green" PosX="16.84" PosZ="-0.65" PosY="1.07" MinVel="1" MaxVel="65"></Effect>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_nav_red" PosX="-16.84" PosZ="-0.65" PosY="1.07" MinVel="1" MaxVel="65"></Effect>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_formation_red" PosX="0" PosZ="-0.28" PosY="-1.96" MinVel="1" MaxVel="65"></Effect>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_formation_green" PosX="0" PosZ="-0.68" PosY="-1.95" MinVel="1" MaxVel="65"></Effect>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_formation_yellow" PosX="0" PosZ="-1.3" PosY="-1.94" MinVel="1" MaxVel="65"></Effect>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_tail" PosX="4.12" PosZ="-10.8" PosY="1.9" MinVel="1" MaxVel="65"></Effect>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_tail" PosX="-4.12" PosZ="-10.8" PosY="1.9" MinVel="1" MaxVel="65"></Effect>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_N_gtrail" PosX="16.9" PosZ="-1" PosY="1.05" MinVel="35" MaxVel="45"></Effect>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_N_gtrail" PosX="-16.9" PosZ="-1" PosY="1.05" MinVel="35" MaxVel="45"></Effect>

Phenozo
June 14th, 2010, 07:54
:jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:

SixGhost
June 14th, 2010, 09:40
Now that I can post again I'll say: THANKS to all involved, you did this old lady justice!:applause:

First the Baltimore then the Lib, looks like I should get back to work and give you some more unfinished models to complete!:d

NachtPiloten
June 14th, 2010, 11:02
Let there be light again. Made for Hellsadroppin II, I hope the texturing is the same for the others too. No landing light as of yet. Perhaps later tonight.

<

All the texture sheets are the same for all the models.

ndicki
June 14th, 2010, 12:00
Now that I can post again I'll say: THANKS to all involved, you did this old lady justice!:applause:

First the Baltimore then the Lib, looks like I should get back to work and give you some more unfinished models to complete!:d

Like a 109g-2? Just dreaming out loud... :rolleyes:

seacondor
June 14th, 2010, 12:30

Luca,
How about that very nice Ju87d you have done.m :jump:

seacondor
June 14th, 2010, 12:33
:kilroy:Loverboy1,

Clarification here. I only did a small series of aircraft test runs for NP and his team.

The real praise goes to Nachtpiloten, sdsbolt, Seacondor, and HouseHobbit (for a mission on Reg's), and those we never saw who worked on this wonderful and excellent addition.:d

Don't forget Bravo4 for the skins.
I myself only did the website work.
However I might be remapping some of the Turrets as an upgrade.

NachtPiloten
June 14th, 2010, 12:39
Seacondor,

I'll get you to share your talents! :ernae:

gaw
June 14th, 2010, 13:51
these are MARVELLOUS......thanks to all....

SixGhost
June 14th, 2010, 13:57
Greg, I sent the source files for the Stuka to John some days ago, you might want to check with him or Ted maybe?:wavey:

And Nigel, happens that I sent the 109F source too so...you might be lucky!:d

seacondor
June 14th, 2010, 14:05
Greg, I sent the source files for the Stuka to John some days ago, you might want to check with him or Ted maybe?:wavey:

Thanks Luca,
He might have passed it on to Steve. If it hasn't been taken over by the time I have complete my current projects I will jump on it.

NachtPiloten
June 14th, 2010, 16:20
has them.....

lewis11777
June 14th, 2010, 18:40
Good stuff.... someone knows how to paint!

Vogelscheuche
June 14th, 2010, 21:38
Can someone tell me why the Catalinas are needed for the B-24 install? What files are the B-24's looking for from the Catalinas? Or are the Cats just needed for the missions?

I haven't downloaded the B-24's yet. I'll wait a few days to avoid a bandwidth stretch over at Reg's.

ndicki
June 14th, 2010, 22:05

Yaaaay! Brilliant news! A new 109F, and perhaps an early G! Let's be honest, all it takes is blanking out the lower canopy triangles and adding a couple of little intakes on the cowling... (Yes, I know later production aircraft had bigger wheels and wing bulges, but let's make it sound as m minimalistic as possible until somebody actually does say, "Yes, I'll do it!")

Autothrottle
June 14th, 2010, 22:17
Good stuff.... someone knows how to paint!

Lewis I agree! Somebody also knows how to get the lights working too! I just appreciate this bird so much, I just wanna bomb the heck out of the Fatherland because of it!

Also, very nice, no very sweet assortment of bomb flavors attached to this bird! More than my B-17 could ever handle. I got three parked SM-81 Pipistrellos with just 2 bombs. Very Sweet indeed!

Old Tiger
June 15th, 2010, 03:03
Can someone tell me why the Catalinas are needed for the B-24 install? What files are the B-24's looking for from the Catalinas? Or are the Cats just needed for the missions?

I haven't downloaded the B-24's yet. I'll wait a few days to avoid a bandwidth stretch over at Reg's.

:wavey:I think it needs the cats share files to make the waist gunners work.:salute:

NachtPiloten
June 15th, 2010, 03:06

The b24's use the CAT's gun textures

Vogelscheuche
June 15th, 2010, 06:29
I think it needs the cats share files to make the waist gunners work.

The b24's use the CAT's gun textures
Thanks gentlemen.

RobH
June 15th, 2010, 08:00
Thank you very much to all involved! They look incredible!:ernae:

MAULET
June 15th, 2010, 09:52
I am a humble simmer who play time to time..., but let me say thanks to all who makes this sim so great...,
keep on
regards
José Vt.

Old Tiger
June 16th, 2010, 06:26
:salute:greycap did you finish the landing light yet. :icon_eek: Me ole peepers aren’twhat they use to be, especially at :blind: night,

<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_nav_green" PosX="16.84" PosZ="-0.65" PosY="1.07" MinVel="1" MaxVel="65"></Effect>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_nav_red" PosX="-16.84" PosZ="-0.65" PosY="1.07" MinVel="1" MaxVel="65"></Effect>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_formation_red" PosX="0" PosZ="-0.28" PosY="-1.96" MinVel="1" MaxVel="65"></Effect>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_formation_green" PosX="0" PosZ="-0.68" PosY="-1.95" MinVel="1" MaxVel="65"></Effect>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_formation_yellow" PosX="0" PosZ="-1.3" PosY="-1.94" MinVel="1" MaxVel="65"></Effect>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_tail" PosX="4.12" PosZ="-10.8" PosY="1.9" MinVel="1" MaxVel="65"></Effect>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_tail" PosX="-4.12" PosZ="-10.8" PosY="1.9" MinVel="1" MaxVel="65"></Effect>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_N_gtrail" PosX="16.9" PosZ="-1" PosY="1.05" MinVel="35" MaxVel="45"></Effect>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_N_gtrail" PosX="-16.9" PosZ="-1" PosY="1.05" MinVel="35" MaxVel="45"></Effect>

greycap.raf
June 16th, 2010, 10:15
Here. Straight off the workshop.

<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_landing" PosX="5.3" PosZ="-0.1" PosY="0.03" MinVel="1" MaxVel="60"></Effect>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_landing" PosX="-5.3" PosZ="-0.1" PosY="0.03" MinVel="1" MaxVel="60"></Effect>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_landing_effect" PosX="5.3" PosZ="-0.1" PosY="0.03" MinVel="1" MaxVel="60"></Effect>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_landing_effect" PosX="-5.3" PosZ="-0.1" PosY="0.03" MinVel="1" MaxVel="60"></Effect>

Led Zeppelin
June 17th, 2010, 08:17
Little question about a small detail: is there a way to deploy the waist guns and the belly turret without opening the window in the cockpit?

thanks.

This aircraft is awesome.

NachtPiloten
June 17th, 2010, 10:10
They will work defensively without being deployed, however the only way to man the guns is to shift+c.

You'll notice that the belly turret will drop as the gear are raised, but that does not deploy the virtual cockpit. Limitations limitations.....

Led Zeppelin
June 17th, 2010, 11:20
thanks.

this aircraft is amazing.

Old Tiger
June 17th, 2010, 15:28
:salute: Thanx greaycap.:eek:Now I can see again:)

Here. Straight off the workshop.

<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_landing" PosX="5.3" PosZ="-0.1" PosY="0.03" MinVel="1" MaxVel="60"></Effect>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_landing" PosX="-5.3" PosZ="-0.1" PosY="0.03" MinVel="1" MaxVel="60"></Effect>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_landing_effect" PosX="5.3" PosZ="-0.1" PosY="0.03" MinVel="1" MaxVel="60"></Effect>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_landing_effect" PosX="-5.3" PosZ="-0.1" PosY="0.03" MinVel="1" MaxVel="60"></Effect>

Led Zeppelin
June 18th, 2010, 07:49
Another little question on the same subject: is there a way to deploy the waist guns and the belly turret by pressing "shift + D" and opening the windows in the cockpit by pressing "shift + C" or is it hardcoded in the 3d file?

NachtPiloten
June 18th, 2010, 09:15
The animation that was chosen is shift+c. What does shift+d control?

Led Zeppelin
June 18th, 2010, 10:19
dive brakes.

as there are no dive brakes on the B24, this function may be use to move other parts of the aircraft.

Led Zeppelin
June 18th, 2010, 11:32
Historical question about "The Eager Beaver".

In the aircraft.cfg, it's mentioned:
320th BS, 90th BG, South-West Pacific Theatre

At Reg's, it's described as:
328th BS, 93rd BG "The Flying Circus", 8th Air Force

So, where did this B24 was operated from? :jump:

seacondor
June 18th, 2010, 12:40

Yes I found that a bit odd to, but that is what I found on the internet. Have a look yourself. Let me know if I'm wrong.

NachtPiloten
June 18th, 2010, 15:20
dive brakes.

as there are no dive brakes on the B24, this function may be use to move other parts of the aircraft.

Yes, BUT the animation must work in the virtual cockpit mode which shift+D will not. Well it will work, however the movement of parts is not the problem, it is the movement of parts in the virtual cockpit mode that matters. So only those animations that appear in the cockpit will work.

NachtPiloten
June 18th, 2010, 15:23

John, for sure. He made the skin so he has an idea.

loverboy1
June 18th, 2010, 18:34
where do i stick this again

tks

me

Led Zeppelin
June 19th, 2010, 00:41
Yes, BUT the animation must work in the virtual cockpit mode which shift+D will not. Well it will work, however the movement of parts is not the problem, it is the movement of parts in the virtual cockpit mode that matters. So only those animations that appear in the cockpit will work.
thanks for the explainations.

Led Zeppelin
June 19th, 2010, 00:53
Yes I found that a bit odd to, but that is what I found on the internet. Have a look yourself. Let me know if I'm wrong.
I searched for the serial number 41-23849 and from what I've found, this aircraft was with 90th BG / 320th BS in SW Pacific as mentioned in the aircraft.cfg.

http://books.google.fr/books?id=EjwNUKHWTkYC&pg=PA90&lpg=PA90&dq=41-23849&source=bl&ots=aX75jCadsQ&sig=cNUPNejKqfYPuUS-Ch2s-whd794&hl=fr&ei=RoAcTMGMIJ6R4gai2fioDg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=8&ved=0CD8Q6AEwBw#v=onepage&q=41-23849&f=false

http://b24bw.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=B24Crew&action=print&thread=405

http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/b/327/3/0

Murray Cod
June 19th, 2010, 04:33
thanks to all involved in the creation and dissemination of the B24 at Reg's :salute:

Bravo/4
June 19th, 2010, 04:50
The "Eager Beaver" is a PTO aircraft, the confusion is probably caused with there being another "Eager Beaver",(probably even more than two?) for some reason the B-24 had quite a lot of aircraft sharing the same nick names!

oki
June 20th, 2010, 02:47
where do i stick this again

tks

me

at the bottom of the xdp ??

Old Tiger
June 20th, 2010, 05:29
:salute:She flies nice in PTO,:frown: problem with me is I have to start in the air, :isadizzy:can't find a runway long enough to take off on.

The "Eager Beaver" is a PTO aircraft, the confusion is probably caused with there being another "Eager Beaver",(probably even more than two?) for some reason the B-24 had quite a lot of aircraft sharing the same nick names!

Fly Swatter
June 20th, 2010, 08:29
:salute:She flies nice in PTO,:frown: problem with me is I have to start in the air, :isadizzy:can't find a runway long enough to take off on.

I've had good luck taking off from Henderson. I start at the very end of the runway, full flap, brakes on. I run up the engines until the brakes feel like they want to give, then release the brakes and roll on. You can also try slightly retracting the flaps half way down the runway to gain speed while not affecting lift.

Due to the "tricks" the developers had to play creating islands (water vs land), you may hit water at the very end of the runway but the sim treats it like land. This actually helps to extend the runway. Give it a try.

Old Tiger
June 21st, 2010, 05:25
I've had good luck taking off from Henderson. I start at the very end of the runway, full flap, brakes on. I run up the engines until the brakes feel like they want to give, then release the brakes and roll on. You can also try slightly retracting the flaps half way down the runway to gain speed while not affecting lift.

Due to the "tricks" the developers had to play creating islands (water vs land), you may hit water at the very end of the runway but the sim treats it like land. This actually helps to extend the runway. Give it a try.

:salute:Thanks Fly Swatter: That did the trick, gotta watch the bomb loads, keep away from the 1000lb+ ones. :confused:Funny my FirePower B-24 works on all the runways.:d

NachtPiloten
June 21st, 2010, 10:44
It works because the flightmodel is inaccurate and makes the plane more like a fighter than a level bomber. The flightmodel for the newer Libs is better, maybe not perfect. I could make them a bit more tricky with full load outs. Right now the stall speed is calculated with a fairly heavy plane. I could make it lighter which would raise the rotation speed for heavily loaded planes. Right now the plane rotates at 110 w/o bombs and maybe 115-120 fully loaded which is a little too strong. Let me know if someone would like an alternate flightmodel that makes the plane a bit more realistic and will cause you to soil your trousers on those unrealistically short CFS3 runways. I just may do this for the J's to test your pilotmanship (just made that up).

Oh, I hope that everyone is using the runway mods I made that places your plane at the very end of the runway and not 200 meters in, 200 meters makes big difference.

Nonato
June 21st, 2010, 11:04
Oh, I hope that everyone is using the runway mods I made that places your plane at the very end of the runway and not 200 meters in, 200 meters makes big difference.

Ted

I almost certain use it, but just to be on the safe side, could you tell me where is it found for download this mod?

N.

NachtPiloten
June 21st, 2010, 12:00
.... that it is included in ETO this time.

Vogelscheuche
June 21st, 2010, 15:45

Where can this runway mod be found?

NachtPiloten
June 21st, 2010, 16:44
here it is. d/l it delete the .txt, unzip, open your facilities folder, backup the airbases that are to be replaced and have 200+ meters more to takeoff from.

crossram
June 22nd, 2010, 04:02
I've picked-up one of the 24s, but haven't installed it, yet.

But, guessing that all the models were made from the same source, wondering if it's too late to ask about fixing the nose wheel/nose gear. since from the screenshots it's buried.

Otherwise, you've done a great job on her, Ted! Much needed model.

NachtPiloten
June 22nd, 2010, 04:14
Cross

When you try the plane out and find that the nose gear is buried send me a screen shot. I tend to plant my tires a bit to simulate the bulge that ground contact creates.

crossram
June 23rd, 2010, 03:29
Right, Ted.

I'll get time soon to load her, and check things out.
Mainly thinking about strut movement, knowing that 24's nose wheel is usually tucked up fairly close between the doors.

Old Tiger
June 23rd, 2010, 05:31
:salute:Thanks NachtPiloten That really helps alot.:ernae:

here it is. d/l it delete the .txt, unzip, open your facilities folder, backup the airbases that are to be replaced and have 200+ meters more to takeoff from.

NachtPiloten
June 23rd, 2010, 05:58
Right, Ted.

I'll get time soon to load her, and check things out.
Mainly thinking about strut movement, knowing that 24's nose wheel is usually tucked up fairly close between the doors.

Ted,

There are many pictures with the wheel tucked way up and others with it extended a bit more. I have 3 views with it tucked up covering about 15% of the wheel if not a bit more. So as with everything it is the way it is.