PDA

View Full Version : 'Sigma SD15 To Start Shipping'

Panther_99FS
June 13th, 2010, 16:40
http://www.dpreview.com/news/1006/10061102sigmasd15available.asp

Kiwikat
June 14th, 2010, 06:06
Hopefully sigma has better QC with their bodies than with their lenses. All I see on forums these days are people complaining about receiving 30 and 50mm's from them that have major focusing issues... :mixedsmi:

The release of the new 17-50 f/2.8 OS HSM lens is a bigger deal to most people. From what I've heard the HSM isn't of the "ring" type that allows manual focus at any time. If that's true, it is a pretty big disappointment. At that price point it should be the real deal. Perhaps it will be what the Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 VC tried to be.

Moparmike
June 14th, 2010, 13:53
I think the Sigma lenses work with their system pretty well from what I've read on em.
The ones that wind up having serious problems are the non-Sigma cameras that the mounts are re-engineered to work with. Like Tammy, Sigma doesn't really get the real factory engineer support for their lenses to adapt them to the assorted mounting systems out there...thus requiring a bit (or a lot of) rework to get their optics onto say a Canon, Sony, or Pentax.

That being said, I haven't really followed the Sigma cameras enough to know much about them. Supposedly good quality machines if you listen to their users (and fanboys) online.