PDA

View Full Version : Honoring " The 75th anniversary of the Douglas DC-3"------On Thin Air, The Mission---

gera
June 13th, 2010, 11:58
As you'll know the "Lady" is 75 years old this year. Her wings have tasted the air of the whole world in those years so I thought that a Mission for Very Professional Pilots was in order. This is a hard mission!!.......If you have not flown the "Lady" or have flown it just a little, forget it!!! since you will be flying her in very "thin" air up in the Peruvian Andes, where the Condor is king. Back in the 40's the Peruvian Andes was bare of radio aids. Pilots flew the DC-3 by checking their maps and watching the land as well as looking at their watch, but weather and hights many times were real obstacles. We will be flying to some known cities but also to very much unknown airfields that depended on this bird to bring in supplies and passengers, sometimes a tourist or two......

There are two options flying in the 40's with the "real Lady" or
flying in the 80s with a "basler"( http://www.baslerturbo.com/bt_67_overview.html)

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/scratchbuilt/FELIZANIVERSARIO.jpg

CG_1976
June 13th, 2010, 12:54
Ok im in. I'll ferry one of my Buffalo Goonie's down to Peru from Yellowknife. Bring it on Gera:salute:.

Tim-HH
June 13th, 2010, 13:33
Hey, that's a DC-2 on the "DC-3's 75th Anniversary" photo :p:

Greetings
Tim

txnetcop
June 13th, 2010, 13:49
Very Nice Gera and hey no DC-3 without the DC-2 LOL! Outstanding mission idea!
Ted

gera
June 13th, 2010, 13:49
Hey, that's a DC-2 on the "DC-3's 75th Anniversary" photo :p:

Greetings
Tim

You Are Right!!!!!!...I was waiting for such a comment...:wavey::wavey:, congratulations on your airctaft "spotting" knowledge....hehehehehehe:salute::salute:

robcap
June 13th, 2010, 14:25
congratulations on your airctaft "spotting" knowledge....hehehehehehe:salute::salute:So what's the prize for Tim??:kilroy:

MenendezDiego
June 13th, 2010, 21:52
Speaking of the DC-3

Regards, Diego

gera
June 14th, 2010, 08:50
Trimmings should be ready this week and maybe uploads by friday so you should be getting that DC-3 really beefed up for the 13K feet high plus flights!!!!....the Maan DC-3 seems to have more power than the default one..hummmmm:iidea: