PDA

View Full Version : HIP HIP HOORAY to our aircraft and scenery developers!!!

txnetcop
June 13th, 2010, 07:15
I've been thinking about saying this for a long time. It takes more than skill to build an aircraft or scenery for flight simulation. It takes a real love for doing it! This forum is probably tougher on developers than any other because we have so many people that have their own ideas how an aircraft should look and feel-heck many of us were RL pilots.

Well I have flown or right seated many different RL aircraft when I had my PPL and I can remember the "hangar talk" about those same aircraft...it was funny how we all tended to have a different slant on how the aircraft performed or looked that we flew. So to you guys that build for us to enjoy, whether payware or freeware...my hat is off to you and I just want to express my sincerest thanks for doing what you do!! I know that you come under a lot scrutiny for your work, but you persist at it and you listen. You can't build to please everyone. You people have made my hobby life so much better because of what you do!! I wish I could afford to buy all the payware there are so many I want to fly, but I still appreciate what it takes to build one-besides I just tried my hand at GMAX-I realize that I am not a patient man anymore!!!
Ted

b52bob
June 13th, 2010, 07:38
I 100% agree. Thanks guys, both freeware and payware publishers. Where would we be without you?

modelr
June 13th, 2010, 07:58
I don't think there is anyhing I can add, so a Hearty Thank you ALL from here. :salute:

wantok
June 13th, 2010, 08:15
Ted, I certainly appreciate such a positive compliment to all developers who put so much time and energy into making planes and sceneries look and work just right for you guys. It is this sort of feedback, regardless of whether you buy any of my product or not, that keeps me up working late nights. You wouldn't believe the amount of frustration, at least for me, when I'm in the middle of designing a hangar, or terminal building or this and that and bam, power blackout. Not to mention customer's nag for little things.

Sometimes, I try to make humor out of it when people write me after product release and explain why a building looks awkward, not real, or simply not worth buying. Man, can you imagine the thought that goes through my mind. The guy doesn't understand that:

- I climbed mount Everest (both ways) to get photoreal pics for a 0.5 pixel scenery;
- project was a love-child 9 months in the making;
- ignored my 2 rugrats at the mercy of my teenage daughter;
- ignored the out-grown grass and snow build up during those trying months;
- breached security at the local military base to get shots;
- Hanging on the struts of a 182 to grab exceptional birds-eyeview shots;
- bribed the local sheriff to take shots of his county cop car (although he didn't want me anywhere near his revolver);
- chased by my neighbours' dog because her house beam, posts and siding looks perfect for a gmax building I'm working on. Hard for me to explain in my local lingo, English, French, German, what have you, that her "rear" looks great for a project I'm working on;
- Nearly missed my Air Force son's arrival at the airport too many times to count on my 3 fingers.

All in the interest of keeping our hobby alive.:salute:

txnetcop
June 13th, 2010, 08:32
Ted, I certainly appreciate such a positive compliment to all developers who put so much time and energy into making planes and sceneries look and work just right for you guys. It is this sort of feedback, regardless of whether you buy any of my product or not, that keeps me up working late nights. You wouldn't believe the amount of frustration, at least for me, when I'm in the middle of designing a hangar, or terminal building or this and that and bam, power blackout. Not to mention customer's nag for little things.

Sometimes, I try to make humor out of it when people write me after product release and explain why a building looks awkward, not real, or simply not worth buying. Man, can you imagine the thought that goes through my mind. The guy doesn't understand that:

- I climbed mount Everest (both ways) to get photoreal pics for a 0.5 pixel scenery;
- bribed the local sheriff to take shots of his county cop car (although he didn't want me anywhere near his revolver);
- chased by my neighbours' dog because her house beam, posts and siding looks perfect for a gmax building I'm working on. Hard for me to explain in my local lingo, English, French, German, what have you, that her "rear" looks great for a project I'm working on;
- Nearly missed my Air Force son's arrival at the airport too many times to count on my 3 fingers.

That is exactly what I am talking about. Unless you actually have paid the price in time and resources it really is hard to appreciate what goes into to the products we use in flight simulation. Thank you
Ted

Stan V.
June 13th, 2010, 08:46
That is exactly what I am talking about. Unless you actually have paid the price in time and resources it really is hard to appreciate what goes into to the products we use in flight simulation. Thank you
Ted

Is there anything left to say except "amen!" and I agree 110%

Stan V

gradyhappyg
June 13th, 2010, 08:53
I agree 100%
I made a Gmax box one time took me three months and when I finished it wasn't even square!!
Much respect for the craftsmen who make this hobby 100 times more enjoyable through thier hard work and generosity
Thanks guys.

dominique
June 13th, 2010, 08:56

:icon_lol: Barefoot ? I'm mean climbing the Everest ? if you'd your shoes on, that doesn't count :bump: !

I am with you, guys, on that one ! We are, indeed, very lucky to have so many people spending their free time to craft the beautiful addons that make a difference in our sim, payware or freeware :salute:. As we say in French, that goes without saying but it is even better saying it.

Wh61
June 13th, 2010, 09:09
I agree with Ted, and to all the developers thank you for all for the enjoyment you bring to Flightsim Bill

d0mokun
June 13th, 2010, 09:21
I don't think the developers would be anything without the loyal customers and fans; such as the people here. So from this ambling dev, thanks to [them], too :salute:

Dan

wantok
June 13th, 2010, 09:26
I don't think the developers would be anything without the loyal customers and fans; such as the people here. So from this ambling dev, thanks to [them], too :salute:

Dan
Quite right, Dan. Cheers all around!!:ernae:

Lionheart
June 13th, 2010, 15:18
Some awesome developers and some awesome sim pilots!

:ernae: :applause: :ernae:

Its really nice to be able to meet some of the actual devs (in a forum) that were the ones on famed projects. Its like sim 'Hollywood', lol...

:d

Bill

Piglet
June 13th, 2010, 16:47
:ernae::ernae::ernae: All around! It's all a big sim world, and we all play our part. One area often overlooked are the tool and utilities makers. May not be as "sexy" as aircraft or scenery, but how far could we get w/o them?

falcon409
June 13th, 2010, 16:51
Yep, very true Tim, without FSPanel Studio I probably wouldn't have messed up near as many panels, lol. Thanks to all the folks who make em' and all those who enjoy em'.:salute:

Pepere
June 13th, 2010, 17:00
Ted - Amen! thanks to all who make our habby so great, fun and alive!

David

strykerpsg
June 13th, 2010, 17:21
I also want to express my thanks for the many labors of love, both freeware and payware. FSX started as something of an experiment to see whether I would like commercial aviation as opposed to always zooming and booming and has morphed into a very expensive and complex hobby. Without the blood, sweat and tears of the developers, I would have lost interest years ago, so thanks to all.

Matt

anthony31
June 13th, 2010, 20:30

Well, unless you did once during each season and once at night for those all important seasonal and night textures then I don't think you are trying hard enough are you? ;)

jmig
June 14th, 2010, 03:36
Ted, what an excellent post. I agree! Thank yous to all the developers who have made this hobby what it is. Microsoft gave us a game. You gave us a SIM.

roger-wilco-66
June 14th, 2010, 04:30
:ernae::ernae::ernae: All around! It's all a big sim world, and we all play our part. One area often overlooked are the tool and utilities makers. May not be as "sexy" as aircraft or scenery, but how far could we get w/o them?

I second that, if we only had the standard FSX SDK toolkit we would not see all those magnificent creations. Some of these utility developers have an amazing knowledge of FSX and continue to expand the tools in a highly professional manner. Heres my
:ernae:

to them (arno, louis, scruffyduck, and all the others!).

Cheers,
Mark

Bjoern
June 14th, 2010, 09:41
Here's to people who do what they do... :ernae:

wantok
June 14th, 2010, 11:22
Well, unless you did once during each season and once at night for those all important seasonal and night textures then I don't think you are trying hard enough are you? ;)

lol (true story though..:173go1:;))

crashaz
June 16th, 2010, 15:01
Some awesome developers and some awesome sim pilots!

:ernae: :applause: :ernae:

Its really nice to be able to meet some of the actual devs (in a forum) that were the ones on famed projects. Its like sim 'Hollywood', lol...

:d

Bill

ROFL! Should have seen me at sim conventions... I walked around with my mouth agape at all the developers whose work I have used over the years. :jawdrop:

Bill Womack will back up that story. What a pest I was! :icon_lol:

gera
June 17th, 2010, 06:26
Just one....One!!! e-mail from someone who took the time to download one of my flights, scenery or mission makes my day, happily I get a few....on the Bolivia deal I have gotten several but the winner is one that asked me to please "make the extra runways in FS9" since they want to send some pilots there..they are a LAB virtual, which was a surprise they exist....."to much o do, too little time":wavey:

txnetcop
June 17th, 2010, 06:52
Just one....One!!! e-mail from someone who took the time to download one of my flights, scenery or mission makes my day, happily I get a few....on the Bolivia deal I have gotten several but the winner is one that asked me to please "make the extra runways in FS9" since they want to send some pilots there..they are a LAB virtual, which was a surprise they exist....."to much o do, too little time":wavey:

Hey Gera I will give you some public kudos on your missions! Keep 'em coming my friend!!
Ted

Sedr37
June 17th, 2010, 07:03
I 100% agree. Thanks guys, both freeware and payware publishers. Where would we be without you?

+ 1! THANK YOU ALL!!!