PDA

View Full Version : DF Bonanza

SADT
June 11th, 2010, 03:29
Hi,

Has any one managed to port-over the DF Bonanza to FSX? Its almost worth getting out FS9 again.
Theres just something you cant quantify about the long bodied bonanzas that makes the A36 look so good.
The same goes for the short bodied FSD B35.

Cheers,
Craig Tatley

Snave
June 11th, 2010, 04:01
Hi,

Has any one managed to port-over the DF Bonanza to FSX? Its almost worth getting out FS9 again.
Theres just something you cant quantify about the long bodied bonanzas that makes the A36 look so good.
The same goes for the short bodied FSD B35.

Cheers,
Craig Tatley

I did back in the early days, but can't remember how I did it - IIRC I had to replace some gauges (ADI and HSI?) and then always load the 2d panel first. Apart from that I think it worked OK, with some minor issues on switches not showing up and the prop blur.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
June 11th, 2010, 11:16
Having worked with Dreamfleet i recall that the RXP set included with that model wasnt 64 bit compatible, the Dakota release had some problems associated with that and had much the same set.

thunder100
June 11th, 2010, 12:27
You need to replace all RealityXP gauges with either RXP FSX(payware) or by native FSX (like the Ki525) in both all panel entries and you need to start any default plane-->go to 2 D panel and then load the DF-->still CTD's some time.

Buy the Carenado

Roland

ryanbatc
June 11th, 2010, 12:44
I haven't succesfully ported the Bonanza over, but I have the Dakota - made for FSX. On that one all you need to do is either replace the Garmin radios with the RXP ones (GNS430W, GMA340 audio panel, and the GTX327 xpndr).

I think there is a guy on the simforums that got his A36 to work in win7 64bit though

p.s. Although the DF A36 was one of the BEST payware planes for FS9 I will highly recommend the Carenado F33 Bonanza for FSX! It is fps friendly and you don't need the RXP units with it but they can make it wonderful too.
http://www.carenado.com/ecommerce/buscador.php3?id_producto=82