PDA

View Full Version : B1-B Lancer

noddy
June 10th, 2010, 23:50
Shots of the up coming FSX Lancer

http://www.virtavia.com/

peter12213
June 11th, 2010, 00:13
Well that looks like a winner, that VC is lovely!

Paul K
June 11th, 2010, 00:19
Very nice indeed. Not my sort of aircraft, but there's going to be a lot of happy bunnies in here, no doubt. I particularly like the night-time VC instrument illumination.

AndyE1976
June 11th, 2010, 05:50
This looks superb, may have to combine this with the CS B52 when they get the full VC on that one.

Doesn't look too far from release!

kilo delta
June 11th, 2010, 07:25
Great to see an fsx'd Bone. Wonder what Tigisfat will make of this one. :)

b52bob
June 11th, 2010, 07:41
Outstanding!! My second favorist bomber!

hews500d
June 11th, 2010, 08:09
I'll be getting this one, me thinks !! :jump:

Darrell

strykerpsg
June 11th, 2010, 08:19
Looks great! I wonder if there will be any systems modelling though? I have the original AS model and it's ok, but would like more depth to her.

Matt

Ferry_vO
June 11th, 2010, 10:59
Doesn't look too far from release!

From the 'old' Alphasim site:

First preview's of Virtavia's all-new B-1B Lancer for FSX ! Head over to the all-new Virtavia web site (http://www.virtavia.com/) to see screenshots of the final package. Virtavia hope to release the B-1B in about a week.

:)

Cag40Navy
June 11th, 2010, 11:36
Lets see how this will go over... Still looks good non the less and will buy when it is out.

Rezabrya
June 11th, 2010, 12:02
I will most definitely be buying this when it comes out.

Sundog
June 11th, 2010, 12:34
It's cool to see they made one/some of the models with the Sniper pod.

ryanbatc
June 11th, 2010, 12:39
Yes it does look really nice! I have yet to pickup their Islander but maybe I will save for this instead!!

halvar342
June 11th, 2010, 13:50
So many switches in that VC and all will be mine one day. Thanks for the info on that plane. Will sure find its way into my hangar if its released. Looks great. :salute:

Kiwikat
June 11th, 2010, 14:22
So many switches in that VC and all will be mine one day.

How many of those switches and knobs will actually do something though? This will be what sets it apart from the old alphasim version. :kilroy:

Railrunner130
June 11th, 2010, 16:23
Looks nice! Too clean though. I was at Dyess recently and every Bone I saw was very dirty and beat up.

fsafranek
June 11th, 2010, 17:03
It's cool to see they made one/some of the models with the Sniper pod.
Yep, and we loaded that one up with 24 JDAMs. Good hunting!

fsafranek
June 11th, 2010, 17:05
How many of those switches and knobs will actually do something though? This will be what sets it apart from the old alphasim version. :kilroy:
Many, many more.

Sideshow
June 11th, 2010, 18:59
Looking excellent! :salute:

golakers
June 11th, 2010, 19:39
Looks phenomenal!

tigisfat
June 15th, 2010, 18:09
Great to see an fsx'd Bone. Wonder what Tigisfat will make of this one. :)

Tig was very glad and thankful to have the FS9 Alphasim B-1 at all. It was very standard in terms of features, aesthetics and fun back when it was released. It did, however, leave me longing for better sounds and passable flight dynamics for years. Though I understand the original AS sold well, b-1s just haven't really been modelled for FS much.

As for what I will make of this one, we'll just have to wait and see what it offers. It's too hard to judge it based on the little information we have at this point. I'll have to make absolutely positive to use my MSFS vs RW 'filter'. As most of you know, I have extensive B-1 experience, and I can't let every missing fastener or feature blind me from enjoying a good release. Surely the great numbers of you with experience on one aircraft or another can identify with that. I'll have to attempt to objectively judge it based on it's price point and demographic. That is to say that I'll be a lot more scrutinizing on it's accuracy if it costs 90 dollars, for example. If this is a 30 dollar aircraft priced for quick sales, then I'd say it's a winner already.

It's clearly been extensively reworked, and that is very promising. It looks great so far.:applause: