PDA

View Full Version : Unpopular...Oh well.

gera
June 10th, 2010, 07:47
Conversation between an old crow and a cat.....

Crow: Hi cat, do you need a ME 109, Corsair, P-51, Spit, Hurricane and Jug?
Cat: Nope, but more are coming, by the loads I hear.
Crow: How about a 737 in another paint job?
Cat: Nope, but another load will show up soon
Cat...Some say a DC-3 is coming
Crow...yea, I heard that, much needed in FSX, ya know.
Cat...cross your toes
Crow..do you need a 727?
Cat..nope but I hear more are coming
Crow...do you need another AT6?
Cat...Nope, but more are coming
Crow..How about a C-46 with all the trimmings, I heard that if an engine went in one of those the thing was
meat for the buzzards
Cat..neat, that fat girl sure was nice but dangerous.
Crow...where do we go from here cat?
Cat...donīt know crow, but maybe tomorrow weīll see another P-51.
Crow...got to get home and fly my 737 cat...see ya ball of hair...
Cat...see ya crow.......am writing a note to Santa.

peter12213
June 10th, 2010, 07:57
Sorry you've completely lost me LoL!

gera
June 10th, 2010, 07:59
hehehehe lol!!! read it again....

CheckSix
June 10th, 2010, 08:06
Got to say you lost me too... O.o

gera
June 10th, 2010, 08:09
Got to say you lost me too... O.o

LOL...read it again...itīs not that hard, besides crows and cats are not like humans!!! lol

Rezabrya
June 10th, 2010, 08:10
I think he is talking about how there are multiple models of some planes and not enough of others. While I agree to an extent, I also disagree. Variety is good. These developers are simply making models that will sell. Just because you want a plane doesn't mean enough people want it for the dev to turn a profit.

falcon409
June 10th, 2010, 08:26
Yep, it's all about sales as far as payware is concerned. Just because an individual sees a need for a particular aircraft and thinks the Sim Community needs it as well doesn't necessarily mean it would be a good seller. Personal preference and good sales don't always go hand in hand.:salute:

On the freeware side, I think a lot of developers simply model aircraft they have some history with or have a desire to see fly in the sim. In other words, for freeware, it's a more personal incentive to design than anything else, Just my opinion tho.

kilo delta
June 10th, 2010, 08:32
Pfffffffftt.............everyone knows that cats and crows don't talk!

:d

flyingip
June 10th, 2010, 08:38

Sure they can! :cool:

Cag40Navy
June 10th, 2010, 10:08
Sure they can! :cool:
Once they do, they dont shut up. :icon_lol:

Kavehpd
June 10th, 2010, 10:56
What about an A320, Mr Cat?

Bjoern
June 10th, 2010, 10:58

:d

I've seen a hare and a crow sitting on a field face-to-face with the long-eared furball munsching some grass. It really looked like the crow was chatting with it.

A nice sight, didn't snap a photo of it though.

I know what you're saying Gera. I too am tired of seeing more of the same.
Fortunately 'though, that made me learn 3DS Max so I can simply build what I want myself.

BOOM
June 10th, 2010, 11:09
Will the P-51 come with an "Old Crow" paint scheme?

gera
June 10th, 2010, 11:58
I've seen a hare and a crow sitting on a field face-to-face with the long-eared furball munsching some grass. It really looked like the crow was chatting with it.

A nice sight, didn't snap a photo of it though.

I know what you're saying Gera. I too am tired of seeing more of the same.
Fortunately 'though, that made me learn 3DS Max so I can simply build what I want myself.

Me Too Bjoern, but I am using fsds 3.5 which I know some. Presently making a favorite of mine.....and yes, animals do talk to each other.

Snave
June 10th, 2010, 12:14
There's two schools of thought on this:

1: Payware drives developers to make `safe` choices for the generation of maximum revenue by choosing only the `popular` models

I'd say there are sufficient examples of top-selling payware that was never asked for or thought of as `mass market` before being released to prove that theory specious - almost the entire Lionheart catalogue, Shockwave/A2A B377, the new Islander, The PMDG J41 etc. etc

2: The enthusiast market is a flight sim enthusiast market, not a `particular aircraft enthusiast` market. A good product, properly marketed, correctly priced and properly supported will provide it's own customer base.

L-39 Albatros - perfect example of a plane nobody knew we wanted, but now is the vanguard of comparison. Dunno about sales of the P-36, but that's another that creates its own market. Conversely, there are very popular aircraft that are modelled but which fail to set the sales charts on fire.

For the purposes of FSX, all you can conclude is that the `unpopular` aircraft are simply packages that don't sell, nothing more. Attempting to read any more into it than that on a broad-based theory simply isn't going to define either the reason for the popularity, nor the apparent failure. Both Crow and Cat have a point, but neither have an abacus, nor a crystal ball...

peter12213
June 10th, 2010, 12:25
Will the P-51 come with an "Old Crow" paint scheme?

Like this one?

http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae166/Peter12213/2010-4-15_22-38-20-140_edited-1-1.jpg

mike_cyul
June 10th, 2010, 13:13
Sounds like there may be a C-46 on the way? Am I right? :)

Mike

roger-wilco-66
June 10th, 2010, 13:14
The cat (or the crow) forgot to mention the SB2C Helldiver - hopefully :-) )

Cheers,
Mark

gera
June 10th, 2010, 13:35

Mike

Hummm, that sounds as if something is cooking near a Piper cub.......great! or am I wrong....have you flown Chile and the nurse up the mountains????

Paul K
June 10th, 2010, 14:13

Mike

Someone, please...make it so.

mike_cyul
June 10th, 2010, 17:48
Hummm, that sounds as if something is cooking near a Piper cub.......great! or am I wrong....have you flown Chile and the nurse up the mountains????

Nope, no yet, I can't find a continuous hour free! Soon, I hope!

And no, no C-46's from me. Sounded like you were doing one. :)

Mike

anthony31
June 10th, 2010, 20:21
Cat: Holy cow!! A talking crow!

cheezyflier
June 11th, 2010, 00:28
Cat: Holy cow!! A talking crow!

when i read your post and think of you avatar saying it, i lol'd. thanks :icon_lol::applause:

skyblazer3
June 11th, 2010, 01:01
http://www.sunshinesketches.com/images/HalloweenCatCrowMoon.jpg.......................... ...............................................

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/126/383562932_4d28d5fbc5.jpg

Not sure what it all means..... but I think we'll have some nice aircraft this summer and fall.

Snave
June 11th, 2010, 03:58
If someone did actually make a high-quality C-46, I'd be like a cat that got the canary...

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr76/tabiez/Stephen-F-Hayes-cat-and-canary-for-.jpg

guzler
June 11th, 2010, 07:08
There's two schools of thought on this:

1: Payware drives developers to make `safe` choices for the generation of maximum revenue by choosing only the `popular` models

I'd say there are sufficient examples of top-selling payware that was never asked for or thought of as `mass market` before being released to prove that theory specious - almost the entire Lionheart catalogue, Shockwave/A2A B377, the new Islander, The PMDG J41 etc. etc

2: The enthusiast market is a flight sim enthusiast market, not a `particular aircraft enthusiast` market. A good product, properly marketed, correctly priced and properly supported will provide it's own customer base.

L-39 Albatros - perfect example of a plane nobody knew we wanted, but now is the vanguard of comparison. Dunno about sales of the P-36, but that's another that creates its own market. Conversely, there are very popular aircraft that are modelled but which fail to set the sales charts on fire.

For the purposes of FSX, all you can conclude is that the `unpopular` aircraft are simply packages that don't sell, nothing more. Attempting to read any more into it than that on a broad-based theory simply isn't going to define either the reason for the popularity, nor the apparent failure. Both Crow and Cat have a point, but neither have an abacus, nor a crystal ball...

Great points. Now a superbly marketed 737-200, Halifax or Stirling would be well recieved......by me anyway !!!!

Snave
June 11th, 2010, 07:19
Great points. Now a superbly marketed 737-200, Halifax or Stirling would be well recieved......by me anyway !!!!

Quite right. What HAS been ably demonstrated is that `out of the ordinary` products WILL succeed, if their quality is good enough. It really hasn't got a lot to do with popularity of the real deal. `Old school` still works with the paying public, just as much as glass and electrickery.
It's the quality of the simulated product rather than the aircraft itself that seems to be the common denominator.

Matt Wynn
June 11th, 2010, 07:48
ooooooh a halifax would be nice, and yes so would a stirling.... what about a Sundy? :icon_lol:

Bjoern
June 11th, 2010, 12:09
Me Too Bjoern, but I am using fsds 3.5 which I know some. Presently making a favorite of mine.....and yes, animals do talk to each other.

I wonder what they're thinking of us. Probably nothing good.

What are you working on, by the way?

Now a superbly marketed 737-200

Clone me twice and you'll get a freeware one.