PDA

View Full Version : mouse as yoke? No thanks!

LonelyplanetXO
June 9th, 2010, 23:42
Hi all, anyone know how to permanently disable this stupid feature? It keeps turning on - must have something assigned that kicks it in.
oh, same applies to mouse look... I have track IR and dont need the mice lookin in my plane.

Please advise
LPXO

Snave
June 10th, 2010, 01:32
Hi all, anyone know how to permanently disable this stupid feature? It keeps turning on - must have something assigned that kicks it in.
oh, same applies to mouse look... I have track IR and dont need the mice lookin in my plane.

Please advise
LPXO

As with any function, it's controlled by the assignment menu in the sim. Go there, find the mouse look line, and simply delete the assignment...

peter12213
June 10th, 2010, 01:34
Is it possable to have your mouse used as your head without having to hit the spacebar too?

Snave
June 10th, 2010, 06:48
Is it possable to have your mouse used as your head without having to hit the spacebar too?

Well, you do need a `trigger` to tell the mouse to act as a viewing control rather than as a mouse, so no, you can't make the mouse a default viewing tool, but you probably could change the key for `sticky` view control (Ctrl+O) to a spare mouse button... unlike the spacebar that remains live until changed so you don't have to hold the keys pressed, like you do the spacebar.

peter12213
June 10th, 2010, 06:58
Well, you do need a `trigger` to tell the mouse to act as a viewing control rather than as a mouse, so no, you can't make the mouse a default viewing tool, but you probably could change the key for `sticky` view control (Ctrl+O) to a spare mouse button... unlike the spacebar that remains live until changed so you don't have to hold the keys pressed, like you do the spacebar.

Thats a good idea mate, its just my new stick and throttle came today and it only has one hat switch which I've used for trim and as I don't have TrackIr (Yet) I was kinda stumped on what to use!