PDA

View Full Version : My Traffic X v5.2 Problems

jackedwardmorris95
June 9th, 2010, 15:09
Hey Guys,
Just installed MTXV5.2, ran FSX, and not an AI Plane in sight, any explanation known for this?
Thanks,

Jack

AndyE1976
June 9th, 2010, 15:51
I don't personally know MyTraffic X, but it sounds like you may need to generate something within MyTraffic X to get the AI traffic file created.

The other thing that often causes issues with add-ons is if they try and use a custom dll that FSX doesn't yet trust - normally you get that pop-up asking you whether you want to allow it to run, but I've had instances where that hasn't happened until I restarted FSX.

NoNewMessages
June 9th, 2010, 18:30
A prevalent issue is having a FS9 formatted traffic file within your FSX install. This will supress the FSX traffic. Start snooping, cause that traffic file could be anywhere! But generally they are in the \Scenery\World\scenery folder.

IanP
June 10th, 2010, 00:37
The other thing to ensure is that the MyTrafficX scenery directory has been correctly added to your scenery library. The version I have stores the flightplans in there, not in the usual place (scenery/world/scenery), so if the MTX directory isn't added to the library, you see no MTX traffic.

Ian P.

jackedwardmorris95
June 10th, 2010, 13:14
Ok the only MyTraffic stuff I can find is in the FSX/MyTraffic folder, There is a load of stuff in there, what should I put there?
Thanks,

Jack

IanP
June 10th, 2010, 13:51
If you launch FSX and go to Settings then Scenery Library, is there an entry for MyTraffic anywhere in the list? If not, you need to add it - pointing at the MTX directory, but otherwise the same as adding any other scenery.

If it is there and you are seeing no traffic, then the next thing to check is that you don't have the sliders on zero. Assuming you don't, then as has already been said, the chances are that it is an FS9 format traffic file causing the problem. The quickest way of finding those is the search for and download (I don't have a link, sorry!) the AI Flight Planner tool, which contains a function that will search your FS directory for FS9 format files and recompile them in FSX format.

If none of those work, then there's a very good support forum for MTX, which can be found at simFlight, here: http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=4

Cheers,

Ian P.

ManuelL
June 10th, 2010, 13:56
Hi,

I'm not an expert at this. This is what I can think of:
Have you checked in your scenery library in FSX if the MyTrafficX entry is visible and activated?
In the MyTrafficX folder in the FSX directory is a scenery folder. In there should be the bgl files for the traffic that are activated.
In the main MyTrafficX folder in the FSX directory you can also find an exe file called MyTraffic. This is a setup tool. Maybe it helps to open it and change some of the settings (e.g. change from DX9 to DX10 and back).