PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited Torpedoes

kwb737
June 9th, 2010, 10:40
Is there a way to set up any of my aircraft that carry torpedoes to have a unlimited quantity or at least a very large quantity of them to use?
Thank You

Fibber
June 9th, 2010, 10:49
KWB;
I believe if you start the game then go to SETTINGS/ REALISM SETTINGS, you will find a checkbox for "unlimited ammo" . Click on that and it should give you the cornucopia of torpedoes that you want.

kwb737
June 9th, 2010, 11:41
Yea, unfortunately Fibber that's what I always have checked is "unlimited ammo" but I've noticed that as long as I keep hitting ships I'll have a replacement torpedo but only for 5 or 6 then I'm out. If I miss all together then it seems I've used my one shot up and I'm done till I restart the mission or free flight again. I wish I could just have an unlimited supply no matter what so I could practice my skills for awhile.

Jagdflieger
June 9th, 2010, 14:20
If you miss with a torpeado, the sim will not reload your plane until the torpedo has run its maximum distance. Once it has done that, then CFS 2 will give you a new torpedo.

kwb737
June 9th, 2010, 20:30
Ah, now I understand. Thank you Jag.
Ken

Jagdflieger
June 10th, 2010, 08:51
Try Nibbio's enhance torpedo wake. It's a nice addition to the "eye candy" department.

It's attached:

kwb737
June 10th, 2010, 10:05
Is there a way to adjust the maximum distance for torpedoes?

Thanks,
Ken

Bill Kestell
June 10th, 2010, 14:53
Is there a way to adjust the maximum distance for torpedoes?

Thanks,
Ken

From my understanding .. no ... it's hardwired into the sim ... one of those little things that do frustrate us! :pop4:

kwb737
June 10th, 2010, 21:30
Thanks for the info Bill.

Nole
June 11th, 2010, 06:44
- Even with 'Unlimited Ammo' checked in the Settings, there is a maximum number of 'Reloads' that you can get on torps. This number is defined in the Guns section of the DP for the torpedo under Max. Open the Gunss section using DPed to see. - The range of each torpedo is fixed, but is determined by the weapons family and type numbers in the DP. These are readily viewable by opening the DP in Notepad. There are only two known types of torpedo available in CFS2....the US and the Japanese....the Japanese having the longest range.

kwb737
June 11th, 2010, 09:16
Where can I find a download of "DPed"?

Nole
June 11th, 2010, 09:46
Simviation CFS2 Earliest Downloads, Utilities, page 1