PDA

View Full Version : Bolivia DeLuxe...Flights and Scenery

gera
June 9th, 2010, 08:36
Continuing with the DeLuxe series, Boliva DeLuxe provides the pilot Flight Plans and many unique flights for adventurous pilots...in scenery you will find new Afcads, new airfields, Land Class, new Objects at airports and airfields.
Bolivia has known aviation since 1923 and later fought the "chaco war" with Paraguay in the air, loosing 11 aircaft, that was a big number then. Due to its aviation heritage Bolivia has many airports all over the country in mountains, plains, valleys and jungle. Hope to have this episode ready by friday so pilots might have a busy weekend taking off from the high airport of La Paz ( 13,000 plus ft) and landing at the frontier with Paraguay and in between.....
As Bolivia, many other South American countries had aviation transportation years ahead of many other countries in the world, the history of "their" aviation relates very much to European pioneers that saw the urgent need of flying as the best way of getting around in these countries of many mountains. Junkers is a name much known in these countries by aviation buffs.
Check out Bolivia´s National airline history here:
http://microsoftofficetutorials.com/video/2xKqE2MAfIo/Lloyd-Aéreo-Boliviano-Volver-a-Empezar.html

Bjoern
June 9th, 2010, 11:26
You really *do* bring many overlooked corners of the world to life, Gera! Thanks for that!

gera
June 9th, 2010, 13:21
You really *do* bring many overlooked corners of the world to life, Gera! Thanks for that!
You are welcome amigo. I love aviation history all over the planet. Aviation grew in many places as in Bolivia and you find pioneers all over, the years after WWI were very interesting and the airplanes were incredible flying machines doing all kinds of jobs, flying from and to places not done today.---here is a neat note: The Regia Aeronautica had Ca-111 aircraft acting as "radio relays" with dipole antennas on their wings back in 1935---much useful communicating outposts.

Bjoern
June 10th, 2010, 10:33
The Regia Aeronautica had Ca-111 aircraft acting as "radio relays" with dipole antennas on their wings back in 1935---much useful communicating outposts.

That's cool. I think the USAF had something like that too. At least I faintly remember one or two B-36s (or another larger bomber) used for this task.

By the way: Does the landclass included in your flight cover the whole country or just a region?

gera
June 10th, 2010, 12:22
That's cool. I think the USAF had something like that too. At least I faintly remember one or two B-36s (or another larger bomber) used for this task.

By the way: Does the landclass included in your flight cover the whole country or just a region?

The amazing thing is that it was 1935!!! radio was so young....many other aviation stories and history are amazing too. I have many pics of "airports" in the Andes from way back to 1922!!! aviation really was flying down south in those years, and at great heights, amazing, those "pilots" were quite a bunch. Latin America is indeed one of the cradles of aviation not very well known today....

The land class I use is in small areas in the Bolivia job, where I need to make an airfield or need a city or town near one. I am doing some work using "large" pieces of land class to change an area I will need for one of my missions, but it is still green.....I am also doing some "land" objects in FSDS but need to tune them up before I put them on some scenery.

Bjoern
June 11th, 2010, 12:04
The amazing thing is that it was 1935!!! radio was so young....many other aviation stories and history are amazing too. I have many pics of "airports" in the Andes from way back to 1922!!! aviation really was flying down south in those years, and at great heights, amazing, those "pilots" were quite a bunch. Latin America is indeed one of the cradles of aviation not very well known today....

"Arriba, siempre arriba!" stuck in my mind 'though. Georges Chavez basically put what I'm living for into a simple sentence.

Need to do some reading up about latin american aviation pioneers on Wikipedia.

The land class I use is in small areas in the Bolivia job, where I need to make an airfield or need a city or town near one. I am doing some work using "large" pieces of land class to change an area I will need for one of my missions, but it is still green.....I am also doing some "land" objects in FSDS but need to tune them up before I put them on some scenery.

You've really come a long way, Gera. From simple flights to flights with voiceovers to flights with custom objects and landclass. And I salute you for that, I really do! :salute:

Where will it end? Landclass files for whole continents? Accurate depcitions of whole cities like the appeared in the 20s or 30s?
Keep it up!

P.S: Once you run out of flights around south america you could give german commercial aviation history of the 20s and 30s a try. Tons of interesting routes there!

gera
June 11th, 2010, 13:31
Thank you for your salute, I also appreciate young guys like you being involved in our hobby as well as other ones, today´s most young people do not have hobbies
like we did in the old days and that is part of the problem.....I remember when I was in high school we had to get involved in some hobby Club and I think it
was wise for it gave us challenges and made us finish what we started in order to be competitive with our fellows. I started making solid wood models of aircraft and it is still my number one hobby today...around 52 years.

Check "aviation in (country)" in google search and you get a lot....much of it is in Spanish dough. Lots of Latin American aviation historical movies in Youtube, but again the search in Spanish, just translate with any on line translation services and go....hours of it. You will see how Germany and Italy influenced all these countries aviation in the 20s and 30s...

I Have plans for doing some flights and scenery in Europe and Germany is in the bag. Have read a lot of Lufthansa´s flights crossing in the alps in the 30´s. I have thought of making some really "hard nuts to crack" airfields in the bottom of some of those mountains and have the pilot "sweat under the icy mountain wind" in order to land safely....Oh well, all for fun. Italy was also a pioneer all over the boot, using many German Wall planes as well as their own as you know......Too much to do and so little time!!! remember am on freefall:redface:

Bjoern
June 11th, 2010, 13:43
Too much to do and so little time!!! remember am on freefall:redface:

Tell me about it...I'd practically have to stop going out and basically stop living normally if I wanted to do everything I've ever planned for FSX.

gera
June 11th, 2010, 13:56
Tell me about it...I'd practically have to stop going out and basically stop living normally if I wanted to do everything I've ever planned for FSX.

It´s a question of "planning" just like "budgeting".....I learned that you can do anything you want, go anywhere you want, and live very well by applying some rules and sticking to them.....rule one, used by wolfes " smell the air, obtain the right bearing, then go for it until you done with it---then start again with more experience"...while you are young there is time for everything....right now am planning my 9th trip to Europe next year and have all my road maps ready ( GPS is a bother), all possible hotels, and have landed a great price for an Alfa Romeo 59 by paying 50% a year ahead (which I don´t mind) ..:jump::jump:.......By the way did you get to see "Nepal DeLuxe part I and II"??? they are at Flightsim and Simviation.

Bjoern
June 11th, 2010, 14:42
It´s a question of "planning" just like "budgeting".....I learned that you can do anything you want, go anywhere you want, and live very well by applying some rules and sticking to them.....rule one, used by wolfes " smell the air, obtain the right bearing, then go for it until you done with it---then start again with more experience"...while you are young there is time for everything....

Too true. Or you can stay young and simply don't marry and have a family. :d

right now am planning my 9th trip to Europe next year and have all my road maps ready ( GPS is a bother), all possible hotels, and have landed a great price for an Alfa Romeo 59 by paying 50% a year ahead (which I don´t mind) ..:jump::jump:...

For how long?

....By the way did you get to see "Nepal DeLuxe part I and II"??? they are at Flightsim and Simviation.

Yeah, I've seen them but I didn't try them.

gera
June 14th, 2010, 08:46
Uploaded on Simviation and Flightsim....