PDA

View Full Version : Hi Zoren, this question might be for you!

Sid2008
June 9th, 2010, 06:51
Well, I am now using FSDS 3.5 and Makemdl to create airraft for FSX. Have you seen the VC in Jens Kristensen's IL-14? When you flip some switches, a led-light (green) right above the switch lights up. Its so cool looking! So I was wondering how to do that in FSDS and MakeMDL.

Thank you for your responses!
Sid

Zoren
June 11th, 2010, 16:26
Hi Sid,

I don't use the MakeMDL for FSX planes. I have been trying the other option to make the plane native FSX. Also, I haven't gotten to that part yet of switches and LED's. My issue is the landing gear and getting everything to look right.

The gear look fine and animate fine in FSDS but are all over the place in FSX.

Also, I went to answer your PM to me tonight, but for some reason it is gone. If you could re-send it that would be great.

Sid2008
June 12th, 2010, 11:42
Let me begin by saying I am not sure I understand your problem. But this is what I am doing with FSDS modeling for FSX.

1) I am using Madekmdl SDK that is available for FS2004 as my only aircraft compiler for compiling planes to FSX. You can download it for free online. abacus website also tells you where to download MakeMdl.

2) I made me a "test aircraft" which is a cigar shaped basic plane kinda like the Bell X1.
3) I have been progressively improving the airplane, compiling it in FSX and flying it.
4) I have animated the main gear units and the gear doors. They work just fine in FSDS and in FSX.
Do you want me to share step by step how I animated the landing gears? If so, I will go home and make notes of what I did and share it with you. Just give me the word.
Sid