PDA

View Full Version : Alain95's p51B

oki
June 9th, 2010, 05:52
thanks for the 3 aircraft :applause:

.....I could fly them only after deleting the mos file included in one of the models. It had a funny name starting with tototo and I thought I could repair it by correcting the name. But that didn't work so I deleted the file.

I have no idea how to repair the mos file (?)
can it be done or can I use a mos file from another p51-model?

ndicki
June 9th, 2010, 12:07
Just take one from another P-51B in the same series. It MUST have a name with the same number of spaces as the texture file it's to refer to; rename it like this:

texturefile_t.dds = texturefile_t.mos

so it has the same name as the _t.dds of that model.

Then open it up using a hex editor, and quite close to the top you'll find the "call" for the old texture file. Simply write the new name over it carefully, save and close.

If you've done it carefully, it'll be fine. Just make sure the number of letter spaces is the same before you start.

Don't use one from another type of model as all the parts will be in different places on the texture sheet. Stay with Alain's P-51B.

oki
June 9th, 2010, 12:36
I try that.....thanks :running:

Animal
June 9th, 2010, 14:51
:greenbo:Three hearty cheers for Alain95 and his outstanding P-51b's. I know thease birds are a compilation of several of our most talented people, but those reflective skin textures and cockpits are outtasight! I'd love to see some P-47's done with this technique. Very good work Alain95, keep 'em coming, they are a hoot to fly!