PDA

View Full Version : "Refresh" hotkey.

demorier
June 9th, 2010, 01:51
I'm using Vista 32 bit. For file management using Windows Explorer - is there a keyboard shortcut for the "Refresh" command....the way I have explorer set up it would make things faster and less complicated for me. I've looked but can't find a shortcut for this command.

Moparmike
June 9th, 2010, 08:12
F5 should work for refresh, just like it does in Internet Exploder. Most of the same shortcut keys for IE also work on WindowsExplorer/MyComputer.
I use it frequently in XP...looks like it works on my 7 rig too (but I really haven't noticed the need to refresh as much with 7).

Here's a MS Technet article with the common shortcut keys. Most of these have been around for years...I think we're just so "dummied" into point-n-click mode that most people just don't use em.
Now, why can't they put stuff like this right up front in the Windows built-in help files! :) Or at least advertise the shortcut key by the command on the menu list.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc751133.aspx

demorier
June 9th, 2010, 15:47
Yeah...this old DOS boy finds some things easier than chasing all over the place with a mouse. As you say it should really be in the help files...thank again MM.