PDA

View Full Version : MAI-890 WIP's

Piglet
June 8th, 2010, 23:37
Some WIP's of mostly exterior stuff, VC is not really a big deal on this..

peter12213
June 9th, 2010, 00:12
Cool looking aircraft mate, I think a lot of the low and slow guys will be very happy about this one, personally I never really fly ultralights but I do like the looks of this one!

Roger
June 9th, 2010, 04:25
That will do very nicely Tim!!:ernae:

kilo delta
June 9th, 2010, 04:41
Great choice,Tim...FSX is really lacking in ultralights and gyrocopters too.

Tweek
June 9th, 2010, 05:18
I don't know how you do it! Such a rapid rate of production, whilst still retaining the quality in your models. This looks to be no exception. :applause:

Matt Wynn
June 9th, 2010, 05:21
yay! a new ultralight! Great work as usual Piglet! ..... anyone doing a new MCR-01? :icon_lol: the AFS one is distinctly lacking :icon_lol: Piglet whats the powerplant? a Rotax 100?

i'll leave this here... this one you non-ultralighters might like...
http://www.davidandivy.co.uk/images/ac9_dynaero_mcr01.jpg

falcon409
June 9th, 2010, 06:34
I'm anxious to see this one done Tim, I flew with a small group for a few years in Glacier Bay using Bill Lyons ChallengerII, it was a great way to see the artistry of Holgers work and I've been looking for a nice replacement for the Challenger. . .this one will definitely do the job. Beautiful work!!:jump:

guzler
June 9th, 2010, 10:17
Wow, looking forward to this. Racked up most of my real hours in ultralights.

Thanks

Cag40Navy
June 9th, 2010, 10:39
Looks like a fun one! :jump: Thanks Piglet!

Cleartheprop
June 9th, 2010, 10:46
Looks very nice indeed!

Dain Arns
June 9th, 2010, 11:17
Some WIP's of mostly exterior stuff, VC is not really a big deal on this..

Tim, it looks like quite a fancy cockpit there to me.

Flying an Eipper Quicksilver MX, many, many, many, many moons ago...
All we had for an 'instrument' was a plastic tube that had a plastic disc inside that would rise up as you went faster, to gauge your airspeed.
A bug strike on the inlet port would usually take it out of action. :icon_lol:

Dexdoggy
June 9th, 2010, 14:06
Very much needed for FSX; ultralight's are perfect for checking out some of the amazing scenery that is out! Great work Tim!

Piglet
June 9th, 2010, 23:25
One of the reasons I'm making this is for enjoying scenery without the hassles of helo flying.
Also never really made an ultralight before. Well maybe if you count the Mooney Mite.
Smoothie,
It's a Rotax 912. 98HP
Unlike moft ultralights, the 890 is semi aerobatic, stressed for +5/-2.5g

Matt Wynn
June 10th, 2010, 01:43
Same Engine as in the Ultralight i fly at the weekends (When i have time and fuel covered...), MCR-01 uses a Rotax 912S, 100hp. but heres the facts you'll love ok remember this IS an ultralight... an MCR-01 Sportster VLA.

Min speed: 47 kt 54 mph 87 kmh
Cruise speed: 159 kt 183 mph 295 kmh
Vne: 173 kt 199 mph 320 kmh

Piglet, you doing the doored version of the -890s as well? thing looks a hoot to fly... keep it up, i hope more ultralights are being considered :icon_lol: :ernae:

anatolpopov
June 10th, 2010, 03:05
Looks good. Is there coming float version?

http://www.oskbes.ru/i/890uautumn.jpg

http://www.oskbes.ru/i/890u.jpg

Matt Wynn
June 10th, 2010, 03:53
ooooh a floatie, now that would be good :jump::jump:

Snave
June 11th, 2010, 04:25
Same Engine as in the Ultralight i fly at the weekends (When i have time and fuel covered...), MCR-01 uses a Rotax 912S, 100hp. but heres the facts you'll love ok remember this IS an ultralight... an MCR-01 Sportster VLA.

Min speed: 47 kt 54 mph 87 kmh
Cruise speed: 159 kt 183 mph 295 kmh
Vne: 173 kt 199 mph 320 kmh

Piglet, you doing the doored version of the -890s as well? thing looks a hoot to fly... keep it up, i hope more ultralights are being considered :icon_lol: :ernae:

Thing you have to remember with the MCR01 is that it's available in different configurations for different niches - the variants can be found http://www.lts-limited.co.uk/]HERE (http://www.lts-limited.co.uk/)

What Andreas did with his MCR-01 was combine the features incorrectly. Wings change between variants. Both Rotax 912 (80hp) and 912S (100) are approved for the aircraft. I actually flew one of the VLA birds n the South of France a couple of years back and was seriously impressed - on the same engine it was 40 knots faster at cruise than a Diamond Katana, for the same fuel burn!

If someone were to model the range properly, they'd make excellent platforms for FSX, but I'll take the -890 for afternoon wafting any time! A Biplane u/l? Take off in what? 80 feet? Hoot! :wiggle:

Matt Wynn
June 11th, 2010, 04:44
yeah Andreas did ok, if i have to i'll start modelling the MCR-01Sportster myself. an ultralight biplane is a cool and peculiar thing, probably why piglets doing it just on it's peculiarity i'd imagine... Keep up the work piglet, she does look fantastic, the more i look at her the more i want to buy the real world equivalent (could be trouble there... would mean selling my share of a friends MCR-01 *Gulps*). them lazy weekends are gonna get a whole lot lazier... 1 word... FANTASTIC! :wiggle:

Bjoern
June 11th, 2010, 12:05
yeah Andreas did ok, if i have to i'll start modelling the MCR-01Sportster myself.

But first you finish that EE Lightning! :violent::173go1: :icon_lol:

Matt Wynn
June 11th, 2010, 12:09
But first you finish that EE Lightning! :violent::173go1: :icon_lol:

Lightning was lost last HDD Crash. i might re-start it i might not... depends really on a lot of factors.

Bjoern
June 11th, 2010, 12:11
Lightning was lost last HDD Crash.

How come devs always "lose stuff in HDD crashes"? ;) :d

The last time a HDD failed on me was 2004 or 2005! And even then I noticed it early enough to save everything.

Matt Wynn
June 11th, 2010, 12:14
mine was right out of the blue, not a warning nothing just "yea ok ok i'm working....Just kidding". only thing i have left is my bounding box... as i say time will tell if i restart it or not, i have a girl now and she has priority over everything except work... :wiggle:

Bjoern
June 11th, 2010, 12:37
i have a girl now and she has priority over everything except work... :wiggle:

That's what she *wants* you to think! :icon_lol:

Enjoy it though! Having a girlfriend can be very rewarding. :jump:

kilo delta
June 11th, 2010, 13:32
Enjoy it though! Having a girlfriend can be very rewarding. :jump:

Get 2 or 3 at the same time for even greater rewards!!!!:kilroy::running: :d

Sorry to hear about the loss of the HDD, Matt. One of mine went kaput a couple of weeks ago without any warning. Luckily I had everything backed up and took the opportunity to upgrade the OS when replacing the drive.

Bjoern
June 11th, 2010, 13:37
Get 2 or 3 at the same time for even greater rewards!!!!:kilroy::running: :d

I know an englishman who has seven girlfriends...and a german wife. How he manages that is a mystery deluxe. :isadizzy::icon_lol:

kilo delta
June 11th, 2010, 13:57
I know an englishman who has seven girlfriends...and a german wife. How he manages that is a mystery deluxe.

Poor chap must be exhausted! One wonders how he can divide up him time between them all...does he have one of those ticket dispensing machines outside his bedroom door like doctors have in their waiting rooms? :salute::female::female::female::female::female::f emale::female: + :female:

Bjoern
June 11th, 2010, 14:12
Poor chap must be exhausted! One wonders how he can divide up him time between them all...does he have one of those ticket dispensing machines outside his bedroom door like doctors have in their waiting rooms? :salute::female::female::female::female::female::f emale::female: + :female:

I have no idea!

Should I ever go polygamous though, I'll certainly ask him for advice. :icon_lol: