PDA

View Full Version : ETO 11/15 Update

O-1Driver
November 14th, 2008, 16:28
Guys,

We are currently testing the installer that Middle put together and will release it as soon as we are confident there are no problems and that everything is included.

I would look for a release tomorrow if all goes well.

O-1

Snaker
November 14th, 2008, 16:29
Guys,

We are currently testing the installer that Middle put together and will release it as soon as we are confident there are no problems and that everything is included.

I would look for a release tomorrow if all goes well.

O-1

:jump::jump:

lewis11777
November 14th, 2008, 16:43
Steve will this update have all your new effects included?

O-1Driver
November 14th, 2008, 17:36
Guys,

We are going to delay the release at least one more day, maybe two, as we have some last minute items we want to add like a new Swordfish, is that all right with you guys?:mixedsmi:

O-1

O-1Driver
November 14th, 2008, 17:37
Steve will this update have all your new effects included?

Lewis, yes it will.

Steve

Snaker
November 14th, 2008, 18:03
Guys,

We are going to delay the relaese at least one more day, maybe two, as we have some last minute items we want to add like a new Swordfish, is that all right with you guys?:mixedsmi:

O-1

No problem with me..... its your guys' baby - I am just glad that I will have some time now to try things out.

:ernae:

pachi
November 14th, 2008, 19:32
Guys,

We are going to delay the release at least one more day, maybe two, as we have some last minute items we want to add like a new Swordfish, is that all right with you guys?:mixedsmi:

O-1
that is A-ok with me :d

lewis11777
November 14th, 2008, 21:15
Well worth the wait and we just appreciate all the hard work!

cristiano103
November 14th, 2008, 21:37
Hi All ETO-E Team

I have the patience to wait for something new for MAW, a delay of some days for the release of ETO-E absolutely will not be a problem. :costumes:

Thanks to You All for the marvelous work You done and You will do.

Cheers :ernae: and have always good flying
Cristiano "Astore"

BeauBrummie
November 14th, 2008, 22:13
Steve, great news. As above I'd rather wait for you to put as many goodies in as you can fit in than rushing it. I'm still playing, I mean exploring with the first version of the install:applause:

Beau

wolfger
November 15th, 2008, 01:21
BeauBrummie said very right! Good to know that our ETO-masters are not like some software producers that start their products with "V....". :costumes:
Gute Jagd everybody! Wolfger

gaw
November 15th, 2008, 01:31
at last.........something to complain about!

Old Tiger
November 15th, 2008, 04:39
Well worth the wait and we just appreciate all the hard work!

:ernae:DITTO

remcoc
November 15th, 2008, 05:25
Take you're time guy's. Better to wait a few days than rushing now and solving a lot of problems later!!

RemcoC

loverboy1
November 15th, 2008, 05:33
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGWzfcuU3M8

middle
November 15th, 2008, 12:37
We just finished the installer so give us a few hrs for testing and then it should be available to ya all.

O-1Driver
November 15th, 2008, 12:52
Guys,

We got behind on listing all of the new stuff in the read me so here is a revised list for your review and there is more than we have listed here.
.................................................. .................................................
Effects
1. New 20mm, 37mm and 40mm golfball tracers for vehicle and ship AA guns.
2. New improved explode effects for all flak with new smoke and explosion fireball
3. New orange FX Texture for 40mm AA shell tracer
4. Various new flare effects
5. New and greatly improved landing/taxi light

Vehicles
1. Updates to the stock Wirblewind and Ostwind flak vehicles. The Ostwind has a new 37mm AA gun with red golfball tracers and new flak burst. The Wirblewind has a new 20mm AA gun with green golfball tracers and new dirty gray flak burst.
2. Stock train G_flakcar has been updated with the new 37mm AA gun and red golfball tracers.
3. Two new flak guns have been added, red and gray ranging flak. Germany used these flak bursts to gauge enemy bomber altitudes.
4. New smoke drum for creating smoke to hide facilities, troops and vehicles from bombs and shellfire.
5. New eto AA Illumination flak flare gun.
6. b_Bofors_40mm updated with new gun, shell and tracers.
7. 6 new vehicles for the Spanish Civil War.
8. Parachute flare artillery
Aircraft
1. An Hs 123a for the Spanish Civil War period.
2. A Polikarpov I-15 for the Spanish Civil War period
3. A Ju 52 Bomber for the Spanish Civil War period.
4. A Ju 52 Transport for the Spanish Civil War period.
5. An RAF Wellington Bomber.
6. A Coastal Command Wellington Bomber.
7. A number of different changes to some existing ETO aircraft, including, but not limited to sounds, loadouts, and effects.
8. Royal Navy Swordfish equipped with bombs, rockets, torpedo, and the new flares.
9. Stuka equipped with flares along with bombs.
10. Lancaster equipped with new Red Candle Flares

Facilities
1. Gray, Red ranging flak guns.
2. G-37mm flak gun.
3. Smoke Drum.
4. ETO AA Illumination Flak Gun.
5. A number of fixes to existing facilities in cluding a temporary fix for the Biggin Hill issue.
Guns
1. 20mm_AA_gun_red
2. 20mm_AA_gun_red
3. 37mm_AA_gun
4. 40mm_AA_gun
5. eto_gray_flak_gun
6. eto_red_flak_gun
Weapons
1. 20mm_AA_round_red
2. 20mm_AA_round_green
3. 37mm_AA_round
4. 40mm_AA_round
5. eto_flak_round(updated)
6. eto_flak1_round(updated)
7. eto_gray_flak_round
8. eto_red_flak_round
9. eto_flare_round
10. buoy_flare
11. paraflare_round
12. sodium_flare_red
13. sodium_flare_green
14. sodium_flare-white
15. New PFF Red Candle Flare multiple burst flare
16. New aircraft drop flare that is greatly improved.

Ships - The following stock ships have received new AA guns with golfball tracers
1. a_battleship
2. a_fletcher
3. a_cruiser
4. b_destroyer
5. g_cruiser
6. g_destroyer
7. g_U_boat
Effects: several new effects, including a number of different flare effects have been added, along with a new effects.xml.
Spawns: many new spawns have been added for mission building
Missions:
1. Four new missions have been added to Era 2.
2. Three new missions have been added to Era 3.
3. Eight new missions have been added to Era 4.
Weather: 1 new addition for the clouds folder and 3 new weather files
The following corrections, fixes, and modifications have also been done:

- ACC_Airfields – 4 fixes – Dunkewell, Smeatharp, Newchurch, and Kenley
- CFS3 ETO Expansion READMEs (1 folder (corrections to Credits and Contributors *.jpg’s)and 2 README files (rewrite of CFS3 ETO Backup.rtf and rewrite of CFS3 ETO Expansion FAQ.rtf)
- objects – (Borgo airfield fix)
- Newly-Updated CFS3 ETO Backup.exe
- Newly-Updated CFS3 ETO Expansion ORIFs Re-Installer rev. 1.1.exe
- Updated country.xml
- Updated effects.xml"

_

pachi
November 15th, 2008, 14:18
awesome :applause: can't wait:jump::ernae:

bwchaney
November 15th, 2008, 16:53
I just installed the update and the message on the finish screen said it was installed successfully. I did the bdp zapper and it went okay. I then hit eto start and my screen said i was still on version 1.0 instead of 1.01. Is this an error on the start up screen. Could you please advise. thanks in advance bwchaney

O-1Driver
November 15th, 2008, 16:57
I just installed the update and the message on the finish screen said it was installed successfully. I did the bdp zapper and it went okay. I then hit eto start and my screen said i was still on version 1.0 instead of 1.01. Is this an error on the start up screen. Could you please advise. thanks in advance bwchaney

BW, no change in splash screens, you are good to go. Now go crank up that Lancaster in ERA 3 , follow the flare path and go get that railyard.:d

O-1

bwchaney
November 15th, 2008, 17:23
thanks for the quick reply. bwchaney

BeauBrummie
November 15th, 2008, 23:13
Download manager worked fine.

But I've made a stupid error with the install. I forgot to run ETO in Era 1 first and now it's stuck in 1943. Any ideas how I can get out of this chaps:redf::banghead:

Nonato
November 16th, 2008, 00:37
Download manager worked fine.

But I've made a stupid error with the install. I forgot to run ETO in Era 1 first and now it's stuck in 1943. Any ideas how I can get out of this chaps:redf::banghead:

Sir Beau

From time to time I have this same problem. Here´s the fix my good friend Grizz gave me:
1. Make sure your Windows Explorer window to the game is closed.

2. Start ETO up again in the same Era in which it was stuck.

3. Now, enter QC and click FLY, then click Esc and then the Options tab in the upper right-hand corner and quit CFS3.

4. This may sound strange, but do all that again, just to make sure.

5. Now start it again, this time in Era 1 and then check things (I check to see if the Spanish airfields are on the QC list).

Hope it helps. I must say I´m very glad it is not happening just with me...:mixedsmi:

Nonato

BeauBrummie
November 16th, 2008, 02:05
I'm afraid that didn't work. Ooops I may have done something bad here.

Nonato
November 16th, 2008, 03:16
Sir. Beau

That's the last suggestion:

"If this technique doesn't work, either use your ETO Backups on your C-Drive, or perform the ORIFs Re-Install procedure. "

Nonato

Old Tiger
November 16th, 2008, 04:42
BW, no change in splash screens, you are good to go. Now go crank up that Lancaster in ERA 3 , follow the flare path and go get that railyard.:d

O-1

Thanks O-1 :ernae: I waz wondering bout those splash screens too.

grizzly50
November 16th, 2008, 06:03
:kilroy:Beau, I really hate to tell you this, but by not putting ETO in Era 1 before installation, you have suffered a permanent corruption. There is no way to "unstick" this one. Nonato mentioned the proper procedures. There is a third option: complete re-installation. No need to do that here, I think. If you hadn't run the ETO Backup feature after initial install of ETO, then ORIFs Re-Installation is your only choice, other than complete re-installation. We're here if you need us.:d

BeauBrummie
November 16th, 2008, 07:42
Bugger, I thought something like that might happen. Now I did do a back up not long after the original install. BTW what is 'ORIFs Re-Installation'?

So how do I use the back-up, is there a set procedure (now scared of screwing up big time:banghead:)

Beau

grizzly50
November 16th, 2008, 08:43
:kilroy:Beau, look inside the ETO Expansion main folder for a folder named "CFS3 ETO Expansion READMEs". Go into this folder and look fo a document named "ERA Files Restore.rtf". Follow this set of instructions exactly. Also, it would be a very good idea to backup all of the missions you have installed. Just be very careful that you have them all sorted out to where they are supposed to go. Note: there is no need to do this with the missions that come with CFS3 ETO Expansion, but you may need to do so with those that come with the Update. Good luck.:d

BeauBrummie
November 16th, 2008, 13:23
Grizz,

Are the aircraft/sound files/etc I've installed safe?

gaw
November 16th, 2008, 13:52
OUT....EFFFFFING...........STANDING fellas!!!! Installer worked....fast and perfect....had to go back and bung in the p38ja to make a couple missions work....but the detail is unreal....great tree's....dirt runway textures a treat.........but holy c..., facing down the blooms of the flak guns....easily visible as you dive on target, is a rush.......NICE WORK!!!!! THANK YOU!!! Still haven't explored the rest of the show but that's a matter of time....whatta piece of work! Cheers!!

grizzly50
November 17th, 2008, 18:43
Grizz,

Are the aircraft/sound files/etc I've installed safe?

:kilroy:Beau, I'm sorry I didn't catch this post sooner. They should be. Aircraft and sound folders and files are not replaced by the ORIFs Re-Install procedure.:d

Snaker
November 17th, 2008, 19:00
Just wanted to add a word of thanks for your hard work. I finally got her up and running. Looks great!!

njbb1995
November 18th, 2008, 22:28
Can you please do a download manager type thing for the actual ETO?

JayKae
November 19th, 2008, 00:27
There is :)

http://www.aussiex.org/index/download.php?view.202

njbb1995
November 19th, 2008, 18:44
oh sorry didn't see that:banghead:. thank you

JayKae
November 19th, 2008, 19:01
No worries mate :)