PDA

View Full Version : Talk about the "Weird and unusual"

falcon409
June 8th, 2010, 10:33
Anyone who read my earlier post concerning connectivity problems with Google Earth, SBuilderX tile server and uploading images (that's the really weird part), knows that finding a solution was pretty elusive. Well, it's fixed and here's how.

I had used Malwarebytes antimalware program to rid my system of a nasty virus 3 days ago and since then I've had the problems. I finally registered for their forum and went through previous posts and found one that spoke of no internet connection (which wasn't my problem for anything but Internet Explorer and Google Earth servers). Anyway, I followed the fix for that problem and found mine:

. . .opening Internet Explorer, tools, connections, I found that it was set to use a proxy server and not automatic detection. I made that change and now. . . .unbelievably IE works, Google Earth works and the really odd part. . .I can now upload images, lol. . .go figure!

Roger
June 8th, 2010, 10:59
Great!:salute:

Daube
June 8th, 2010, 10:59
I usually have to play a lot with those settings on my laptop, depending if I'm connecting from work or from a public place like an hotel for example. At work I have to specify a proxy or IE will not be able to connect to anything.

falcon409
June 8th, 2010, 11:18
. . . .and I don't use Internet Explorer, haven't since Firefox came out, so those settings in IE were switched, most likely by the virus which seems hard to believe but it's the only thing I can think of. Those problems I had only happened after the virus hit and I removed it with the antimalware program.