PDA

View Full Version : Chino Airshow 2010 - Planes of Fame Museum

JETninja
June 7th, 2010, 19:56
Didn't know what forum to post this in - so here it is. Can be moved if need be.

On May 16th (a Sunday) I gave the Wife a Birthday present and took 3 of my 4 boys (Son #3 had to work) to the Chino Airport Planes of Fame annual Airshow. I don’t get to see it often due to Little League and it being the Wife’s birthday every year, but she liked the idea of some peace and quiet. Hey, I’m easy!

Note, I was a Volunteer at the Museum back in the early 80’s, I remember working on some ex-Ba Ba Black Sheep Corsair’s at the time. Great place to take Family if any of you like aircraft. For years, they had the only flyable Japanese Zero, North American P-51A (Allison Engine) and others.

238 Photo’s, mostly WWII Aircraft with some Korean era US & Soviet Fighters. Also one of the early Northrop Flying Wings. And a few of some large Airlifter that got the crowd going pretty well. (the C-17, program I've been on since '87) Later on the Boys all got to sit in a F16 (understand if you want to fwd past those quickly), and then we took a long walk and toured the Museum alone. Long day but lots of fun.

http://picasaweb.google.com/jetninja/ChinoAirshow2010?authkey=Gv1sRgCMXqhJb2zrTf3gE&feat=directlink

Cazzie
June 8th, 2010, 02:41
WOW, a cornucopia of old historic warbirds! Fantastic shots JETninja. :ernae:

Caz

luckydog
June 8th, 2010, 17:35
:applause::applause::applause:

Moparmike
June 8th, 2010, 20:52
JET, you lucky bugger! One of these days I AM going to make it to Chino!

Nice shots...and glad to see ya pop your head in every so often.

JETninja
June 9th, 2010, 05:37
JET, you lucky bugger! One of these days I AM going to make it to Chino!

Nice shots...and glad to see ya pop your head in every so often.

Hey bud! Good to see you! Yeah, been here a bit more as of late (had to re-register! Bah!) as I re-installed FS2004 and CFS2 on my old box that I hacked to run Win7. Just not much time to fly, am in 2 rFactor Racing Leagues (ALMS) and we race every Monday. Between wife, kids, time to learn track..not much time for flying.

I am taking care of the wife, our 25th Anv is almost here so a week long Cruise next week. :D

lifejogger
June 9th, 2010, 07:18
Great pictures, I enjoyed looking at them and thanks for posting them.

Panther_99FS
June 9th, 2010, 17:53
Great stuff JET, thanks for posting here! :jump:

Moparmike
June 10th, 2010, 06:52
Was kinda wondering if you were still doing the racing stuff. I kinda lost interest in the wheel games when Papy got out of the NASCAR series...I haven't installed N4 on my new Win7 rig and I doubt I could ever round up all my mods for it anymore.

Enjoy the anniversary cruise!
It's been a while since I've seen shots of the family...your boys are growing up!

I couldn't help but notice that you snuck a bunch of C-17 pics in. :d

JETninja
June 10th, 2010, 10:00
I couldn't help but notice that you snuck a bunch of C-17 pics in. :d

Come on Dude, it was there wowing the crowd and I still work on the program! 25 years next year!

Boys, Oldest will be 21 in 3 weeks, 2nd one is 19 (didn't go to the show) 3rd is 12, last one is 8. You'd like their cars though they are German w/lots of mods. They both work good jobs and pay for it all.

You know I have DVD's of almost every sim and mod still saved, I don't throw things away!

If you have Facebook you can find me. (Haumpt & CH_Jam do!)

demorier
June 11th, 2010, 00:48
Thanks for the pic's. I see one there that looks like a Hawker Sea Fury with a 4 blade prop....I thought they had 5 blades. I guess it might be one of those modified aeroplanes or am I missing something.