PDA

View Full Version : Image upload problems

falcon409
June 7th, 2010, 15:23
I don't think this has anything to do with SOH really, but I've suddenly run into an upload problem. For whatever reason, I cannot get the "manage attachments" upload to work and so I went to my photobucket site and the same thing there, it won't upload. . .it just says there was a file error. It seems to be any photo at all, not just the particular one I was trying to upload. I tried about half a dozen of my scenery images. . .ones I'd shot a few weeks ago and it just won't allow any uploads.:isadizzy:

falcon409
June 7th, 2010, 16:47
Well, I seem to have some other problems as well. Yesterday, I tried loading Google Earth and for the first time was told that it was unable to contact the server. I tried running the troubleshooter from Firefox but it told me it had to be run from IE. . .sooooooo, I fired up IE and it wouldn't connect. . .again saying it was unable to contact the server.

Now obviously I'm connected, lol. Firefox runs perfectly and my connection speed hasn't changed any at all (Cable). So here's what I suspect. . . . .

Yesterday afternoon I got hit with a virus, the one that continually tells you there's a threat and you need to run "their" viruscan to correct the problem. Then it shuts down all executables. I shut the system down, rebooted in "Safe mode" and ran the malware program. It found 9 offending files within the registry, 6 of which were obvious based on the file names and 3 that were just code, no specific name. . . .I deleted all of them. My guess. . .after the fact, is that the 3 that were coded, were probably not viruses. So I probably deleted 3 files out of the registry that shouldn't have been deleted. Oh goody!!:jump:

falcon409
June 7th, 2010, 17:31
As I go along, I'm finding other "connection" problems. . . .real-world weather is unable to connect in FSX as well. Grrrrrrr!!

falcon409
June 7th, 2010, 18:49
Well, maybe if me, myself and I converse long enough here, one of us might come up with a solution.

I setup a new user and loaded that account. . .these problems are not present in the new user account. I can connect to IE, no problems, Google Earth, no problem. So what is different?:salute:

falcon409
June 8th, 2010, 03:44
:bump::bump: Anyone at all? I sure could use a little help here!!

Roger
June 8th, 2010, 04:15
:bump::bump: Anyone at all? I sure could use a little help here!!

Hope you sort it Ed. At least it's only user specific so that should throw up some clues.

peter12213
June 8th, 2010, 04:20
This has me stumped too Ed sorry! All I could think of was maybe an upload limit or something along those lines but I really have no idea! Hope you get it sorted soon mate!

falcon409
June 8th, 2010, 04:28
Yea, it seems to be two problems that I don't think are related, but who knows. One is the upload problem. I deleted almost every attachment I had and that didn't change the problem (plus it's not just in SOH, but also in Photobucket as well). The other is the server connectivity. . .I can't use Google Earth or SBuilderX now because it cannot connect to the servers.

falcon409
June 8th, 2010, 04:30
Hope you sort it Ed. At least it's only user specific so that should throw up some clues.
Yep, and aside from that danged virus and the ensuing deletion of those files, I can't think of anything else that has changed. . .and of course I have no idea what those files were, so getting them back is not an option.

falcon409
June 8th, 2010, 06:02
:bump::bump::bump:

Lewis-A2A
June 8th, 2010, 07:14
http://photobucket.com/

Easy sharing across multiple forums, loads of space as simple even I understand it

Butcherbird17
June 8th, 2010, 07:14
Falcon,
I had the same problem a couple weeks ago. It completely screwed my main user account
(it was my only user). I had to setup a new account (with admin rights) and go from there. Everything works as it should in the new account. I'm stumped as to why you are having the upload and connection problems with GE and SBX. Maybe the windows firewall is blocking these programs from connecting to the servers (just a guess) but maybe worth a look to see if they are, other then that:banghead::isadizzy:

Joe

falcon409
June 8th, 2010, 07:19
http://photobucket.com/
Easy sharing across multiple forums, loads of space as simple even I understand it
Go back up about 3 posts prior to your's Lewis. . .photobucket is what I use and I cannot upload to it. Since I can't upload to SOH and I can't upload to Photobucket, it appears that the sites are not the problem, but the action of uploading images. I can upload zipfiles to Box.net and "yousendit", but images seem to be a no no. . .I have no idea why.

peter12213
June 8th, 2010, 07:20
you could try a system restore, to a previous saved point, you shouldn't lose any data saved on your PC!

falcon409
June 8th, 2010, 07:29
you could try a system restore, to a previous saved point, you shouldn't lose any data saved on your PC!
Yea, I could if I had had that turned on, lol. No previous restore points.:salute:

Lewis-A2A
June 8th, 2010, 07:57
make sure the images are true images. Re-save using something like IrFran View, another tremendously usefull free app. Saves opening a full image editor its quick lightweight and you can save/open multiple formas + quick edits + resize.

Bjoern
June 8th, 2010, 10:27
If it's a virus infection indeed, try this:

http://free-av.de/en/tools/12/avira_antivir_rescue_system.html

Burn it onto a disk and let the PC boot from there. The rescue system contains a UNIX distribution, so it doesn't need Windows running to do a virus scan.

Also, when I have a connection problem a router reboot or a reconnect usually helps. ;)

falcon409
June 8th, 2010, 10:36
If it's a virus infection indeed, try this:

http://free-av.de/en/tools/12/avira_antivir_rescue_system.html

Burn it onto a disk and let the PC boot from there. The rescue system contains a UNIX distribution, so it doesn't need Windows running to do a virus scan.

Also, when I have a connection problem a router reboot or a reconnect usually helps. ;)
See my new post!!

Bjoern
June 8th, 2010, 10:51
See my new post!!

Ah, the good old proxy server...:d

(Anyways, did that really necessitate a new thread? ;))