PDA

View Full Version : Concorde returns!?

stuartcox
June 7th, 2010, 10:49
This would be just great!
http://www.dailytech.com/Iconic+Concorde+Could+Return+for+2012+Olympics/article18627.htm

Matt Wynn
June 7th, 2010, 10:53
darn i miss that bird, nothing can beat the poise and elegance of Concorde and the noise..... oh what a beautiful noise... "Help i'm having a Concorde-related Relapse here...." :icon_lol:

stuartcox
June 7th, 2010, 11:02
I know what you mean! As a kid I lived under the test sight in Farnborough.
As soon as you heard Concorde everybody was out on the street and gazing at the sky!

Bjoern
June 7th, 2010, 11:02
Just for special occasions and on subsonic flights though, which is a bit sad. Would've loved to book a ticket on one and be the king of the jetset.

Matt Wynn
June 7th, 2010, 16:17
Just for special occasions and on subsonic flights though, which is a bit sad. Would've loved to book a ticket on one and be the king of the jetset.

Done it :icon_lol: Heathrow-JFK-Heathrow, was a birthday present from my Family, they all chipped in and paid for me and my dad to take a trip to NYC :jump: still got a few bits i collected from that flight somewhere... i like the way you say to some aviation enthusiats "What about concorde" the answer is nearly always the same "Was sad to see the old Girl go", an airliner that felt like a fighter according to her pilots, the plane where you take off with a pilots cap/hat and done right you get off with a mortarboard.... :icon_lol: you just gotta love the sound of 4 Olympus 593's at full take-off power... not even Vulcan comes close...

Darn it Stuart you've thrown me into a relapse :icon_lol: many thanks :ernae:

Bjoern
June 8th, 2010, 10:57
Done it :icon_lol: Heathrow-JFK-Heathrow, was a birthday present from my Family, they all chipped in and paid for me and my dad to take a trip to NYC :jump: still got a few bits i collected from that flight somewhere...

Congrats to your family for pulling that off!

I'm still waiting for that two-week trip to Ireland my dad had planned for his 50th birthday. :icon_lol: