PDA

View Full Version : MAAM Sim Avenger FSX

ijay
June 7th, 2010, 05:14
Just re-installed this beautiful lady into FSX

roger-wilco-66
June 7th, 2010, 06:25
This is a masterpiece! And very nice pictures indeed.
Hehe, I love the way the pilots jacket flaps in the wind when the cockpit is open, and other details.
Unfortunatly, I never got it to work in FSX right. I usually get a CTD after a few minutes flying it. Oh well!

Cheers,
Mark

BOOM
June 7th, 2010, 06:47
What a Beauty!!!!!!!!!!! I really hope MAAM[Or anyone] decide to make FSX native model of the TBM.

peter12213
June 7th, 2010, 06:59
Fantastic shots, Think I'll reinstall mine tonight!

Bone
June 7th, 2010, 07:37
I never got it, but didn't it come with a ship, also?

IanP
June 7th, 2010, 08:11
It comes with the USS Langley, CVL-27.

Normally speaking, if you disable the radio gauge in the Turkey, you'll dispose of the CTDs. It seems to be different for some people, but that was the most common culprit - just comment it out (put "//" in front of the gauge) in the panel config file for both 2d and VC and that should stop the CTDs. I'm not sure whether anyone ever actually got to the bottom of exactly why that gauge didn't work, but I'll go back and check all the beta posts and see what happened with it, if they are still available.

Ian P.

mal998
June 7th, 2010, 10:49
How did you overcome the invisible and see-thru texture problem in FSX?

ijay
June 7th, 2010, 11:23
How did you overcome the invisible and see-thru texture problem in FSX?
I used Dxtbmp to darken the Alpha channel on these two files

glasbin_zijl.bmp(reflection of pilot in glass too prominent)

glasbinnenwdscr.bmp(could not see out of windscreen)

A_spinprop.bmp i borrowed from the MAAM SIM R4D-6

Then copied them to all texture folders in all aircraft.
Other problems with gauges etc are covered in forum
http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showforum=173

or just google or go to
http://www.maam.org/

Helldiver
June 7th, 2010, 11:29
Er, How come it's supposed to be in FSX but it's showing in FS2009 scenery? Were you able to move Bill Womacks Reading Airport scenery to FSX.

IanP
June 7th, 2010, 11:45
It's an FS9 model and package, HD, not FSX. There was a "properly" FSX compatible (i.e. without the crashes and with fixed alphas) update in the works, but it all seems to have gone quiet again at the moment.

It's a volunteer team that have 101 other things to do - like actually get money to pay bills - as well as working on MAAM-SIM stuff, so development does have a tendency to go very quiet for fairly extended periods while people are off doing other stuff.

There was a glass fix available for it, via the support forum over at Avsim, I believe. Not sure what happened to that.

I haven't tried porting Bill's Reading scenery in, either, so can't comment on that. I'm not really in a position to try, right now, either. Sorry!

Ian P.

ijay
June 7th, 2010, 12:31
Er, How come it's supposed to be in FSX but it's showing in FS2009 scenery? Were you able to move Bill Womacks Reading Airport scenery to FSX.
yep, downloaded from Maam site,unzipped to temp folder, converted Traffic_KRDG-GA.bgl and Traffic_KRDG-USAir.bgl to FSX files using AIPlanner and put into World/scenery folder. Put MAAM and MAAM LC into Addon Scenery folder and then added area via "scenery library" menu option in FSX.

Javis
June 7th, 2010, 19:19
Nice screenies, Ijay !:ernae:

@ all : If needed you can fix the glass and prop issues of your port-over Turkey with this here little package http://fssupport.com/maam/tbmf_fsxfix1.zip

@ Ian : thanks, mate, you're quite right about that !

We're trying hard to get take-off clearance for our first native FSX bird. Takes quite a while, yep, for reasons Ian describes here so eloquently...

T'is true though that already for more than a year we were offered help from two very capable and well respected FS aircraft designers to produce native FSX versions of our FS9 models but alas nothing has come to surface when it comes to that yet.... Our index- and middle fingers have grown together now from keeping 'em crossed all this time...

On the other hand ( of which the index- and middle finger are still seperate items ) it's not only one but *two* native FSX representations of MAAM aircraft we're working on. Another FS aircraft designer has joined us because he has an interest in a particular specimen of the MAAM collection. We will leave no stone unturned, although it's pretty hard to turn stones with the index- and middle finger of one hand grown together, to offer the community both these brand new native FSX models this year. No further ETA details available just yet.

To end with a killer catch phrase : " We'll be back "

Cheers,
on behalf of Maam-Sim,
Jan

ColoKent
June 7th, 2010, 19:45
....P2V-7 that is gestating!!!!

K.

roger-wilco-66
June 7th, 2010, 22:47
....P2V-7 that is gestating!!!!

K.