PDA

View Full Version : Anybody tried porting this Cessna 150 to FSX?

bushpilot
June 7th, 2010, 02:15
One of the most amazing feeware planes ever created, but it's for FS9:

http://www.fs-tutorials.com/en/down_plane_C150_01.php

I wonder if anybody ever succesfully ported this to FSX? I tried it but it has anomalities like transparent spots on panel and stuff...

I remember it was a blast to fly in FS9, it has cool features like vibrating airframe.

kilo delta
June 7th, 2010, 04:00
Not worth the hassle...have you tried the Just Flight freeware C-152..?

http://www.justflight.com/microsoftc152.asp

Reddog
June 7th, 2010, 05:02
One of the most amazing feeware planes ever created, but it's for FS9:

http://www.fs-tutorials.com/en/down_plane_C150_01.php

I wonder if anybody ever succesfully ported this to FSX? I tried it but it has anomalities like transparent spots on panel and stuff...

I remember it was a blast to fly in FS9, it has cool features like vibrating airframe.

yep, works just fine in X. FSXw/SP1

cheezyflier
June 7th, 2010, 12:52
every account i have read says the guages won't work. carenado has a nice 152.

bushpilot
June 7th, 2010, 20:51
It seems it's SP2 that's breaking it. I just reverted back to SP1 and everything works now:salute:. Nice.

bushpilot
June 7th, 2010, 21:40
Very nice:wiggle::
http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m465/bush_p/c150.jpg

falcon409
June 7th, 2010, 21:47
Really nice airplane. I just installed it in FSX/Accel and aside from a stronger than necessary reflection in the glass (which can be corrected), the aircraft itself is perfect. However none of the gauges display despite being XML gauges and despite having FSPanel Studio at my disposal, there was nothing I could do to correct the problem. I'm going to tone down the reflection and keep working with the gauges to see what I can do. I think it's worth working on.:salute:

Daube
June 8th, 2010, 02:42
Hmm perhaps the gauges do not display because they are masked by the gauge reflection texture ?

bushpilot
June 8th, 2010, 03:13
Hmm perhaps the gauges do not display because they are masked by the gauge reflection texture ?

That's one thing, but there are also transparent rectangles that rotate with gauge needles, this is how it looks with SP2:

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m465/bush_p/c1502.jpg

falcon409
June 8th, 2010, 03:43
Yep, that's what I have.

falcon409
June 8th, 2010, 04:32
I'm getting closer. . .I've totally blacked out the alpha's on all the "reflective" textures and I have all the gauges back except 3. Two are showing the ground through the gauge face and one is just solid black. I'm going back in, lol, lol. . . .

bushpilot
June 8th, 2010, 04:46
Cool, I experimented also with alphas, and got some results. I used 50% gray on some of the reflections, but it didn't look so good. I think some of the fixable textures are inside the gauge file C150frav.CAB. Gotta dig in...

expat
June 9th, 2010, 00:10
Stay with it guys. Almost there. This is one of the most immersive planes I have experienced in FS and closest to flying a small single engine plane IRL. It would be great to have this working in FSX. Like the taildragger option too.

Cheers

expat

bushpilot
June 9th, 2010, 02:06
Stay with it guys. Almost there. This is one of the most immersive planes I have experienced in FS and closest to flying a small single engine plane IRL.

I agree. Vibrating cockpit, scratched and dirty windows, worn panelwork and great FD make this really immersive. The whole feel of sitting inside an aircraft is just spot on.

falcon409
June 9th, 2010, 06:13
Haven't yet solved the last two gauges, but here is a translated description for the cfg file:

description = Production two-seat light aircraft from 1959 to 1977 built by the U.S. aircraft manufacturer Cessna. It is a very popular training aircraft and successor to the Cessna 120 and Cessna 140 which is distinguished by a tricycle gear and a motorized wing flap. These same aircraft continued to be powered by a Continental O-200 flat four-cylinder air-cooled 100 hp engine manufactured under license from Rolls-Royce. One version has basic aerobatic capabilities and was also produced under license in France by Reims Air Force under the designation Reims/Cessna F150. 25 years after the end of its production, the Cessna 150 training aircraft remains a very widely used airplane because of its robustness and ease of maintenance. A total of 23,949 Cessna 150's were built: 22,138 by Cessna in the United States, 734 aerobatic. 1764 by Reims Aviation in France, including 336 aerobatic. Finally 47 by Argentina, including 9 Aerobats. Source Wikipedia.

Reddog
June 9th, 2010, 11:18
Is there any way to get rid of the reflections, all of them.

falcon409
June 9th, 2010, 18:55
Yep Reddog, do a solid black alpha. . . .actually, for the gauges, not only did I black out the alpha, but I also had to knock out the actual texture to allow the gauge faces to show as well.:salute:

falcon409
June 10th, 2010, 04:58
Can't seem to find a way to get these last 3 fixed:

Drzook
June 10th, 2010, 05:26
...Like the taildragger option too...

expat
Wait a minute...they came out with the taildragger version of this bird? Now where can I get THAT?!?:jump:

Cazzie
June 10th, 2010, 06:57
Not worth the hassle...have you tried the Just Flight freeware C-152..?

http://www.justflight.com/microsoftc152.asp

Whoa! Nice! Is there a layered Paint Kit in the payware version? Seriously tossing coins on getting the payware, especially if a Paint Kit is available (Is Mike Cyul reading this?). I have a friend who flies a 152 out of Colombia, SC., I did a repaint for the 150 mentioned for FS9. I have not tried porting that over and with the freeware Just Flight 152 in the link provided by Kilo, a big why?

Caz

kilo delta
June 10th, 2010, 07:34
Whoa! Nice! Is there a layered Paint Kit in the payware version? Seriously tossing coins on getting the payware, especially if a Paint Kit is available (Is Mike Cyul reading this?). I have a friend who flies a 152 out of Colombia, SC., I did a repaint for the 150 mentioned for FS9. I have not tried porting that over and with the freeware Just Flight 152 in the link provided by Kilo, a big why?

Caz

I've the Carenado C152 too and prefer it to the JustFlight freeware offering...though it must be said that if you're on a budget, the JF version is perfectly ok...just not as detailed as the Carenado version.
The JF Cessna is much easier to repaint from what I hear.

Reddog
June 10th, 2010, 08:24
Yep Reddog, do a solid black alpha. . . .actually, for the gauges, not only did I black out the alpha, but I also had to knock out the actual texture to allow the gauge faces to show as well.:salute:
LOL, Thanks Ed but have no idea what a alpha is or what it does.:-)

SADT
July 14th, 2010, 01:36
Hi Falcon & Bushpilot,

Please tell me there has been some progress............please...............
IMO this plane is better than the carenado 152 and I don't want to have to see it go to ground. Pleeeeeease?

full
July 14th, 2010, 02:33
Just a thought on the gauges, but have you tried editing the gauge.bmp's in the CAB file so the final 3 can be seen ? If you've already tried this my bad, also where can I download the Tail dragger version ? would be really cool. Keep up the great work !

cheezyflier
July 14th, 2010, 05:06
by now you could have been flying the carenado 152 all over the place