PDA

View Full Version : Few F-35 screenshots...

Dino Cattaneo
June 7th, 2010, 01:45
It is almost ready... but no release date yet as I'm still having major problems with the internet connection in my new home...
Anyway it just needs few hours of work. An early warning: do not expect all the magic functions of the real F-35 you might have seen on youtube - but there should be everything you need.

As for the price, it has not been decided yet - but should be in the 10-15€ range, which I think it is reasonable and in-line with the project financial target (which is break even and then...provide some funding for the remake of the Tomcat and Goshawk).
From the "technical" perspective the project is quite basic, and definitely not in the same league as the VRS Hornet, but I am happy with the quality level.

Also,the custom HUD by Neutrino (based on Scott Prinz's work) and the enhancements to the flight model done by Roberto Leonardo seem to work very well - and I wish to thank both of them for their contribution.

I hope you will like it :-)

LonelyplanetXO
June 7th, 2010, 03:12
Looking awesome Dino! I have to ask an obvious question... this is the F35 A right, not the VTOL one? You'd need the attention of Rob Barandregt for that.

LPXO in FSX...at friggin long last

Matt Wynn
June 7th, 2010, 03:54
Looking awesome Dino! I have to ask an obvious question... this is the F35 A right, not the VTOL one? You'd need the attention of Rob Barandregt for that.

LPXO in FSX...at friggin long last

F-35A = CTOL (Conventional Take-Off and Landing)
F-35B = V/STOL
F-35C = Carrierborne

Looking good Dino :salute:

conork
June 7th, 2010, 04:07
looks good dino , keep up the good work :)

noddy
June 7th, 2010, 04:17
Looks superb Dino. :applause:

strykerpsg
June 7th, 2010, 04:18
looks good dino , keep up the good work :)
Ditto from me. I think you should know your quality of work is such that it's causing another producer of the F35 to slow their development decisively, so will definitely be purchasing yours as soon as it's released.

Matt

Cag40Navy
June 7th, 2010, 04:49
Great work Deano!!! Really cant wait to shred the skys with this baby!

peter12213
June 7th, 2010, 04:50
Ditto from me. I think you should know your quality of work is such that it's causing another producer of the F35 to slow their development decisively, so will definitely be purchasing yours as soon as it's released.

Matt

Me too, looks stunning!

Dino Cattaneo
June 7th, 2010, 05:08
Thanks for the appreciation!

Yes, this package will depict the F-35A only.
At present I've completed the AA-1 (initial F-35 program prototype), the AF-1 (first "weight optimized" prototype) and a generic F-35A. Each one has a unique external model.

I would like to do the AF-2 (weapons test vehicle) and a 58th FS (main training unit) plane. I'll make another attempt at a fictional Thunderbirds livery (as per Lockheed Martin renderings) but the first try was not looking that good... Also, a model with external loads is in the works, but it is not coming very well either...it may be that, after 10 months, I lost the inspiration...

The VC will be shared between the models - it is relatively accurate, although it is a "patchwork" of different "versions" (mainly it is the AA-1 cockpit - but some of the canopy details come from BF-2 pics).

I'd love to make the F-35B and F-35C too... but (apart from the VTOL dynamics) there are significant design differences...and they would require a lot more work. So, I decided to do the F-35A only - in order to keep the project manageable and deliver it in a reasonable time.

jagl04
June 7th, 2010, 05:16
Thanks for the appreciation!

I'd love to make the F-35B and F-35C too... but (apart from the VTOL dynamics) there are significant design differences...and they would require a lot more work. So, I decided to do the F-35A only - in order to keep the project manageable and deliver it in a reasonable time.

It is pity, but a reasonable pity. Congratulations for the model. It looks superb, as is all your previous work. Thanks a lot

raptor19
June 7th, 2010, 07:29
Looks great Dino! Don't forget to post here where to get it when it becomes available. :jump::jump:

Bone
June 7th, 2010, 07:35
It does look good. A person can't have everything, though. I'm very thankfull for all that I have, and the F-35A that I will soon have! Kudos.

rvn817j
June 7th, 2010, 08:06
I'm a buyer, especially if it goes to support the T-45...a great gift to the community. Thanks Dino.

b52bob
June 7th, 2010, 09:01
mark me down for one!!

Glad to see you are selling the plane for a reasonable amount. Can't afford $50-$70 planes anymore.

gradyhappyg
June 7th, 2010, 09:20
Just let me know where and when.
Can't wait.

Z-DarthVader
June 7th, 2010, 11:36
Me too, looks stunning!

I concur!!! Just ruined a perfectly good keyboard by drooling over it!! :)

DV

XLR8
June 7th, 2010, 18:47
mark me down for one!!

Glad to see you are selling the plane for a reasonable amount. Can't afford $50-$70 planes anymore.

I agree ! Some of these models are just way out of reach .

XLR8
June 7th, 2010, 18:54
:applause:
It is almost ready... but no release date yet as I'm still having major problems with the internet connection in my new home...
Anyway it just needs few hours of work. An early warning: do not expect all the magic functions of the real F-35 you might have seen on youtube - but there should be everything you need.

As for the price, it has not been decided yet - but should be in the 10-15€ range, which I think it is reasonable and in-line with the project financial target (which is break even and then...provide some funding for the remake of the Tomcat and Goshawk).
From the "technical" perspective the project is quite basic, and definitely not in the same league as the VRS Hornet, but I am happy with the quality level.

Also,the custom HUD by Neutrino (based on Scott Prinz's work) and the enhancements to the flight model done by Roberto Leonardo seem to work very well - and I wish to thank both of them for their contribution.

This is a great plane you have made . Don't under estimate your self . You are very talented . I have paid a lot more for a lot less . You will have great pride after you release it,and it will inspire you to do more

Whats next ? Maybe a nice raptor ?:applause:

Dino Cattaneo
June 8th, 2010, 00:09
:applause:

This is a great plane you have made . Don't under estimate your self . You are very talented . I have paid a lot more for a lot less . You will have great pride after you release it,and it will inspire you to do more

Whats next ? Maybe a nice raptor ?:applause:

Thanks for the appreciation... but I do no think I underestimate myself. If anything, I want to make any potential customer aware of the both the strong and the weak points of this project. I tend to dislike some over-enthusiastic claims I happened to read sometimes (not to mention the proliferation of CEOs of one-man "design studios").

As for future projects... I've already started working on a further Tomcat remake (this time based on professional 3D data - I've already paid several hundred dollars for the licence) and a remake of the Goshawk (no professional data available - I am remaking this from scratch, but this time I have the Natops flight manual to work with). I know I keep on doing the same planes again and again... but I'm not yet happy with the current renditions.

b52bob
June 8th, 2010, 07:50
I know I keep on doing the same planes again and again... but I'm not yet happy with the current renditions.

But hundreds of us are! Your work has been and will be outstanding. I still can't believe what I got for free that puts lots of payware to shame. I don't know how it can be better but I'm sure you have ideas.

Keep up the good work. BTW, for the quality of work that you do I do not mind paying a reasonable amount. Well worth it for the product and well worth it to support your work.

XLR8
June 8th, 2010, 08:08
Thanks for the appreciation... but I do no think I underestimate myself. If anything, I want to make any potential customer aware of the both the strong and the weak points of this project. I tend to dislike some over-enthusiastic claims I happened to read sometimes (not to mention the proliferation of CEOs of one-man "design studios").

As for future projects... I've already started working on a further Tomcat remake (this time based on professional 3D data - I've already paid several hundred dollars for the licence) and a remake of the Goshawk (no professional data available - I am remaking this from scratch, but this time I have the Natops flight manual to work with). I know I keep on doing the same planes again and again... but I'm not yet happy with the current renditions.

I have both of your planes and will be buying the F-35 also . And will be looking forward to the future products .

Would it be to much to ask for a couple of screens of it on the runway or apron with wheels down . Thanks

XLR8
June 8th, 2010, 08:08
But hundreds of us are! Your work has been and will be outstanding. I still can't believe what I got for free that puts lots of payware to shame. I don't know how it can be better but I'm sure you have ideas.

Keep up the good work. BTW, for the quality of work that you do I do not mind paying a reasonable amount. Well worth it for the product and well worth it to support your work.

I agree 100% !

Z-DarthVader
June 8th, 2010, 08:27

Yep, I concur!! Dino, being modest obviously is a huge quality, but the widespread acclaim you got for your freeware releases also tells a story here.

Keep up the good work, and prepare for widespread financial support for your products!! ;)

DV

Dave Torkington
June 8th, 2010, 08:29
Dino,

I'm sure, like others, I find there are few FSX aircraft that keep my attention for long... I tend to move on as the next beauty arrives! But your Goshawk has my name on it... It's easily become one of my top five aircraft in FSX - and freeware at that.

Keep up the good work - the F-35 price is definately right at 10 - 15 Euros!

Dave.

p.s. I can imagine the work involved in making a 'C' version, but I'd still like one :ernae:

strykerpsg
June 8th, 2010, 09:14
Dino,

I'm sure, like others, I find there are few FSX aircraft that keep my attention for long... I tend to move on as the next beauty arrives! But your Goshawk has my name on it... It's easily become one of my top five aircraft in FSX - and freeware at that.

Keep up the good work - the F-35 price is definately right at 10 - 15 Euros!

Dave.

p.s. I can imagine the work involved in making a 'C' version, but I'd still like one :ernae:
I also echo Dave's sentiments. In thought, I am actually suprised with your naval theme of T-45 and F-14, that you didn't pursue the F-35C. Anyway, as stated, will be purchasing as soon as it's available.

Matt

Dino Cattaneo
June 8th, 2010, 23:15
Again, thanks a lot for your appreciation.

I'd love to make the F-35B and C...if just had the time! While the F-35A is a good starting point, the other versions are significantly different (much more than what it was advertised / desired at the beginning of the JSF program). From the modeling standpoint, the F-35B would be easier to make: while it is more complex and has many moving parts, the modifications would be confined to few areas. The F-35C has a totally different, and much wider, wing which it is difficult to attach to the existing model (by the way, the first F-35C prototype made its first flight just few days ago: http://www.lockheedmartin.com/news/press_releases/2010/0607aero-f-35c-firstflight.html )

As for the new T-45 and F-14... I've already did some preliminary work on both, and they look very promising - significantly better than the current versions.

@XLR8 - this is the only screen I have at hand... but it is from a slightly older build.

Sundog
June 9th, 2010, 00:02

I'd love to make the F-35B and C...if just had the time! While the F-35A is a good starting point, the other versions are significantly different (much more than what it was advertised / desired at the beginning of the JSF program). From the modeling standpoint, the F-35B would be easier to make: while it is more complex and has many moving parts, the modifications would be confined to few areas. The F-35C has a totally different, and much wider, wing which it is difficult to attach to the existing model (by the way, the first F-35C prototype made its first flight just few days ago: http://www.lockheedmartin.com/news/press_releases/2010/0607aero-f-35c-firstflight.html )

As for the new T-45 and F-14... I've already did some preliminary work on both, and they look very promising - significantly better than the current versions.

@XLR8 - this is the only screen I have at hand... but it is from a slightly older build.

Not only does the F-35C have a bigger wing, it has bigger vertical and horizontal tails, a stronger (bigger?) tail hook and housing, different nose landing gear, and it also looks like the canopy is re-contoured to allow the pilot to have a higher seating position for better over the nose visibility.

F-35C first flight pics (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lockheedmartin/sets/72157624223179028/)

Dino Cattaneo
June 9th, 2010, 00:56
@ Sundog

Yes, you are right - I was only mentioning the wings are they are the item that makes it difficult to convert my 3d model into the F-35C.
To complete the list, the F-35C has also, of course, a refuel probe (instead of the receptacle) like the F-35B and, afaik, it is the only model in which the APU exhaust is on the top surfaces (same location of the AA-1 model, while it has been moved on the bottom for F-35A and B) - I think that was requested by the Navy for crew safety concerns.
Also, of course, wings are foldable and have spoilers. And yes, the tailhook is bigger and stronger (and has bigger bulge and different door design).
For the record, afaik, the Navy version has also different materials distribution and thicker billets - it has, in general, a stronger structure - the obvious reasons.

Not so sure about the canopy, though, as the drawings I have show the same canopy design of the F-35A (and is different from the F-35B). But then again the drawings may be outdated...and the project is surely evolving.

So...a pretty long list of differences. For the modeling perspective, the wing is a difficult one - the others are time consuming, but not that hard.
In any case, I need to complete the "boring" (meaning not suitable for Javier Fernandez's carrier) version first :-)

EDIT: I forgot the absence of the internal gun (which is also true for the F-35B)...

Cag40Navy
June 9th, 2010, 10:34
Well, the A model will keep me occupied for quite a while...

XLR8
June 9th, 2010, 12:20

Dino thank you so very much for the screen . I looks just absolutely wonderful . I watched the F-35 C do its flight ,just a wonderfully sight,I also watched the A and B fights as well .

Keep up the great work,and can hardly wait for its release .

PS I have a brand new credit card for this bird .

Sundog
June 9th, 2010, 21:32
@ Sundog

Yes, you are right - I was only mentioning the wings are they are the item that makes it difficult to convert my 3d model into the F-35C.
To complete the list, the F-35C has also, of course, a refuel probe (instead of the receptacle) like the F-35B and, afaik, it is the only model in which the APU exhaust is on the top surfaces (same location of the AA-1 model, while it has been moved on the bottom for F-35A and B) - I think that was requested by the Navy for crew safety concerns.
Also, of course, wings are foldable and have spoilers. And yes, the tailhook is bigger and stronger (and has bigger bulge and different door design).
For the record, afaik, the Navy version has also different materials distribution and thicker billets - it has, in general, a stronger structure - the obvious reasons.

Not so sure about the canopy, though, as the drawings I have show the same canopy design of the F-35A (and is different from the F-35B). But then again the drawings may be outdated...and the project is surely evolving.

So...a pretty long list of differences. For the modeling perspective, the wing is a difficult one - the others are time consuming, but not that hard.
In any case, I need to complete the "boring" (meaning not suitable for Javier Fernandez's carrier) version first :-)

EDIT: I forgot the absence of the internal gun (which is also true for the F-35B)...

Yeah, I have the same pics you're referring to, it's just we were going through the new flight pics at another forum and it just looked to us like the canopy had a little more peak or bulge at the top compared to the other variants that isn't shown in the drawings.

None the less, I'm greatly looking forward to your F-35A, and it gets here when it get's here. I hope you're getting settled into your new place and enjoying it.:ernae:

Dino Cattaneo
June 17th, 2010, 23:34
Unfortunately, I have to delay once again the release of the F-35.
The plane is ready (although I am using this extra time to add features) BUT I cannot release it as I do not have home Internet connection (so that it is impossible for me to provide support).

I've been struggling with the phone company for 3 weeks now (that is since I've moved to my new home) - but so far internet never worked correctly. And in the past few days it did not work at all.

I hope this will be fixed soon... but I really can't tell when.

strykerpsg
June 18th, 2010, 05:19
The plane is ready (although I am using this extra time to add features) BUT I cannot release it as I do not have home Internet connection (so that it is impossible for me to provide support).

I've been struggling with the phone company for 3 weeks now (that is since I've moved to my new home) - but so far internet never worked correctly. And in the past few days it did not work at all.

Dino, thanks for the update and please know that while we've been anxiously awaiting your release, not gonna send the dogs of war out to hunt you down for some delayed release date. It looks great and very much looking forward to flying her around.

Matt

Sundog
June 18th, 2010, 07:49

Good luck getting your internet problems sorted out. That is always quite annoying, especially when it's a system that you rely on so much.

falcon409
June 18th, 2010, 08:13
Dino, thanks for the update and please know that while we've been anxiously awaiting your release, not gonna send the dogs of war out to hunt you down for some delayed release date. It looks great and very much looking forward to flying her around.
Matt
Exactly, I am very anxious to have this beauty as are many others and it never fails that just when everything is coming together some unforeseen circumstance raises it's ugly head and brings things to a screeching halt. Not much you can do to control this one Dino. . .just be bolstered by the knowledge that when it is finally released, all you fans world-wide will be knocking on your door, lol.:salute:

Cag40Navy
June 18th, 2010, 11:23
Cant wait Deano! Your internet will work soon, just gotta have patients.

XLR8
June 18th, 2010, 12:47
Sorry to hear that dino . Some things can't be avoided . Still looking forward to it .

Dino Cattaneo
June 22nd, 2010, 02:11
UPDATE: seems that the wiring in my new home is damaged and needs to be replaced...which may take a while as it is an aparment in an old historical building... but at least I had some feedback from the telecom company...

In the meantime, some more screenshots - operational F-35 in USAF colors (based on plastic models and presentations)...

peter12213
June 22nd, 2010, 02:15
Dino, just a question of load outs will it have the JSOW bombs too as well as the JDAM and CBU's? also are those actual seperate models or have you done it like your tomcat where you can add them yourself?

Dino Cattaneo
June 22nd, 2010, 02:35
They are separate 3d models... in order to minimize the size of the MDL, which is high-detail / high-polycount (by FSX SDK standard).
At present there are 5 different 3d models:

F-35 AA-1 (with proper livery) initial prototype
F-35 AF-1 (with proper livery) weight optimized prototype (features all the modifications from AA-1 I know of)
F-35A (similar to AF-1 but with actual EOTS modeled and without nose probe)
F-35A with external JDAMs + Sidewinder
F-35A with extrernal CBUs + Sidewinders

F-35A model will have both an USAF livery and a "flat" dark grey livery for repainters.

Thundebirds is in the works but there are major difficulties due to the texture UVW placement...and I am not sure it is doable.

Cag40Navy
June 22nd, 2010, 02:42
They are separate 3d models... in order to minimize the size of the MDL, which is high-detail / high-polycount (by FSX SDK standard).
At present there are 5 different 3d models:

F-35 AA-1 (with proper livery) initial prototype
F-35 AF-1 (with proper livery) weight optimized prototype (features all the modifications from AA-1 I know of)
F-35A (similar to AF-1 but with actual EOTS modeled and without nose probe)
F-35A with external JDAMs + Sidewinder
F-35A with extrernal CBUs + Sidewinders

F-35A model will have both an USAF livery and a "flat" dark grey livery for repainters.

Thundebirds is in the works but there are major difficulties due to the texture UVW placement...and I am not sure it is doable.

Is it possible for a no load and all tanks models for the F-35?

hey_moe
June 22nd, 2010, 02:59
Dino, you don't have to explain yourself in here. Everybody that knows you know you put out quality products and are well worth buying and flying. You are a asset to the flight community and if...and I said if there is a problem you have always come through and taken care of it.Looking at your product shows it is just another outstanding product to buy...Mike

Cag40Navy
June 22nd, 2010, 03:30
Dino, you don't have to explain yourself in here. Everybody that knows you know you put out quality products and are well worth buying and flying. You are a asset to the flight community and if...and I said if there is a problem you have always come through and taken care of it.Looking at your product shows it is just another outstanding product to buy...Mike
Couldn't have said it better myself.

peter12213
June 22nd, 2010, 03:33
Thanks for the explanation Dino, really sounds good!

Bone
June 22nd, 2010, 05:47
The tail number "EG 0001" is a great choice. I fly into Eglin AFB/ Ft Walton Beach alot, and the 33rd TFW ramp has been a ghost town for the last 9 months...not a single plane there, and there used to be 40 or more. I can hardly wait for them to start getting the F-35.

falcon409
June 22nd, 2010, 06:08
The tail number "EG 0001" is a great choice. I fly into Eglin AFB/ Ft Walton Beach alot, and the 33rd TFW ramp has been a ghost town for the last 9 months...not a single plane there, and there used to be 40 or more. I can hardly wait for them to start getting the F-35.
Well, I hate that they're "Jet-less" right now, but I'll bet most of them don't miss the "leaky" F-15's they had either. They spent a lot of time chasing hydraulic leaks on their airplanes, so getting the F-35. . . .good move.:salute:

Also, a few years ago a good friend of mine told me that NAS Ft Worth (301st FW) was in line to get the F-35 as well, and reports I've seen in the AF Times and Military.com kinda bear that out.

Dino Cattaneo
June 29th, 2010, 23:21
Finally my new home is connected to the Internet at a reasonable speed :-)
...I just need to complete the manual and update a couple of features (I made some minor tweaks that need to be propagated to all the models) - but should not take that long...

JorisVandenBerghe
June 29th, 2010, 23:25
Looking great. But eh, I thought the F-35 was one of the very first modern jet fighters to not have a HUD, using a helmet-mounted system instead ?

peter12213
June 30th, 2010, 00:04
Your right but I think Dino said it would be virtually impossable to do it within fsx, not that it can't be done, more it would look terrible! don't quote me on that though but I'm sure I can remember reading it somewhere!

TAFKAM
June 30th, 2010, 00:59
Your right but I think Dino said it would be virtually impossable to do it within fsx, not that it can't be done, more it would look terrible! don't quote me on that though but I'm sure I can remember reading it somewhere!

That is correct.....by the way Dino, very nice work! estupendo!...cant wait until its getting out...the money is safed already!

Good luck with your Compuetr bythe way...hope to see some more screenshots soon...THX

best regards
Ray

Dino Cattaneo
June 30th, 2010, 01:10
Well, more correctly the F-35 has no physical HUD, but there is a "virtual" HUD. Meaning that, in the real F-35, most of the information (phisically projected on the Helment Mounted Display System - HMDS) appears as fixed in space in front of the pilot, like if it was an exceptionally wide traditional HUD. Which makes sense.
This is replicated in my model - there is also a custom "HUD" made by Neutrino, based on Scott Prinz's code, that is a close replica of the original one (as seen in LM simulators) and is collimated.

Only few things actually follow the eyesight - like tactical information. In an attempt to "mock" this, in my model, by pressing a button you have airspeed, altitude and (fake) weapon status to appear in a superimposed "panel" that follows the eyesight.

So my model has an accurate rendition of the "Virtual HUD" (which works as it should in real life), plus an optional "gimmick" of the additional data (just to give an idea of the advantages of the HMDS).

What is extremely difficult are some "magic" features of the HMDS...like, for example, the possibility to see through the aircraft (like the Wonder Woman plane). I'm not saying impossible - as several "impossible" features have been implemented in the past by creative developers :-)

Another simplified feature is the MFD: it is "touch screen" and customizable (i.e. you can change/swap the pages and "resize" them)... but many of the most interesting features of the real F-35 are not implemented. Just to name one thing, the real APG-81 AESA radar coupled with the EOTS, judging by Northop Grumman promotional videos on youtube, provides terrain/targeting functions that are on par with many sci-fi movies.

As soon as I complete the manual I'll provide a link to download it - all the inaccuracies I know of will be clearly highlighted

XLR8
July 5th, 2010, 07:15
Dino,have got a release date yet . Maybe this week ?

Cag40Navy
July 7th, 2010, 06:11
Any updates on the project Mr. Dino?

Dino Cattaneo
July 12th, 2010, 04:32
The release date is still pending - Unfortunately I am very busy with my paying job in these days...honestly, after a hard working day in front of a computer screen, the last thing I want to see when I come back home is another computer screen.

BUT, I am almost done. Meaning I just need to write a couple of pages of the manual and it is done.
I wanted to include the AF-02 and AF-03 prototypes (the latter took flight just few days ago) but I finally decided not to make any more modifications or additions to the product.

So, the product is ready and finished. It just needs the manual.
I will contact the distributors today - and hopefully complete the manual shortly (as soon as it is ready it will be available on my blog).

My apologies for the delay - I'm doing what I can.

strykerpsg
July 12th, 2010, 05:37
The release date is still pending - Unfortunately I am very busy with my paying job in these days...honestly, after a hard working day in front of a computer screen, the last thing I want to see when I come back home is another computer screen.

BUT, I am almost done. Meaning I just need to write a couple of pages of the manual and it is done.
I wanted to include the AF-02 and AF-03 prototypes (the latter took flight just few days ago) but I finally decided not to make any more modifications or additions to the product.

So, the product is ready and finished. It just needs the manual.
I will contact the distributors today - and hopefully complete the manual shortly (as soon as it is ready it will be available on my blog).

My apologies for the delay - I'm doing what I can.

Dino, I do not think anyone here is wanting to turn your labor of love into something painful. Very few on these forums are hard core developers and have regular money making jobs that take their talents elsewhere from time to time. I can say with great certainty that your work is highly praised and greatly sought and we can certainly wait until the time is right for your release. Remember, you can always come back and release a service pack for future mods. Take your time, we'll all be here when it's done.

Matt

peter12213
July 12th, 2010, 07:18
yeah I agree with Matt, we are all looking forward to this but at the end of the day its your baby so you release it only when your happy to do so, the rest of us arn't going anywhere soon, I hope! :wavey:

Bone
July 12th, 2010, 07:41
...honestly, after a hard working day in front of a computer screen, the last thing I want to see when I come back home is another computer screen.

After a 14 hour duty day flying airplanes, you wouldn't catch me zooming around in the flight sim, so I don't blame you at all.

Dino Cattaneo
July 12th, 2010, 16:16
(Most of the) user manual is available for download on my blog:

http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/

I hope it gives a clear idea of the features (and the limitations) of the project - which I think it is good for release now.
I just need to complete manual and it's ready:jump:!

falcon409
July 12th, 2010, 16:21
Dino, thanks for the hours and hard work you put into this aircraft. This initial F-35 will be a great addition to the Military Inventory and greatly appreciated.:salute:

UPDATE: Downloaded the User Manual and two things stuck out. I was still with the 301st at NAS Ft Worth during the time LM was doing ground testing right across the rwy from us and I can tell you, while some folks probably knew that was going on, the average guy there had no clue. It was going on for a year and a half before I left and we had no idea.
The other thing is the new panoramic panel. Irregardless of the fact that it's probably not totally accurate. . .what a masterful feat of coding to put that beauty together. Well Done Dino and Team!!

XLR8
July 12th, 2010, 18:04
By all means....thank you for the work you have put into it .I am still very happy that you went with the F-35 .

XLR8
July 12th, 2010, 18:06
Dino, thanks for the hours and hard work you put into this aircraft. This initial F-35 will be a great addition to the Military Inventory and greatly appreciated.:salute:

UPDATE: Downloaded the User Manual and two things stuck out. I was still with the 301st at NAS Ft Worth during the time LM was doing ground testing right across the rwy from us and I can tell you, while some folks probably knew that was going on, the average guy there had no clue. It was going on for a year and a half before I left and we had no idea.
The other thing is the new panoramic panel. Irregardless of the fact that it's probably not totally accurate. . .what a masterful feat of coding to put that beauty together. Well Done Dino and Team!!

Yeah...I new people who worked out there,and told me about it . When the first flight took place I was told early that morning and skipped work just to watch it .

XLR8
July 12th, 2010, 18:19
WOW...after reading the manual....all I can say is....

Lets start the bidding for the model at 35 billion dollars...

falcon409
July 12th, 2010, 18:33
Yeah...I new people who worked out there,and told me about it . When the first flight took place I was told early that morning and skipped work just to watch it .
Yea, I spoke with a guy who worked with me on the night shift and he told me he had seen the first flight, it happened not too long after I left I think. If I was a bit closer to Ft Worth, I'd make a trip down there from time to time, just to watch and sit outside the shop and shoot the bull, lol.:salute:

VaporZ
July 18th, 2010, 03:47
By the way, it seems confirmed that 65 x "real" F-35A will wear the Maple Leaf roundel
from 2016 !!!!!

http://www.nationalpost.com/Conservatives+announce+billion+purchase+military+f ighter+jets/3286938/story.html

Will Dino's F-35A have a repaint kit ?
:jump:
VaporZ ( from Canada )

crazysundog
July 18th, 2010, 05:21
Yes, very happy to see this country will be flying the F-35.

Cannot wait for release Dino!!

airattackimages
July 19th, 2010, 06:32
Looks awesome. Can't wait for a C model though... thing looks a lot meaner!

Dino Cattaneo
July 21st, 2010, 23:20
Once again, thanks for your support and appreciation!

As for the paintkit, unfortunately it will not be available as, for most areas, I've used a photoreal approach. However I have included a "clean" livery that, I hope, provides a good starting point for making new liveries.
In fact, I can't wait to see what the community will create - it consistently exceeded my expectations in the past.

As for a -C model, while I have not ruled out it yet, its difference in design are pretty big - and those would require a lot of development time (which I do not have right now).
Aside, as I am Italian, and since the Italian Navy will employ the F-35B - I'd like to do the -B version first (also, it looks like that even some of the F-35s for the Italian Air Force will be F-35Bs so they can operate from our STOVL carriers).
So, I've not ruled out it yet...but it may take a looong time (my current projects are enough to keep me busy for at least another year).

Sundog
July 22nd, 2010, 01:18
However I have included a "clean" livery that, I hope, provides a good starting point for making new liveries.

I think that will be very sufficient in making different liveries/markings for various squadrons and countries operating the F-35A.

IIRC, Iris was considering making an F-35C, but I don't know if it's still under consideration.

I'm very much looking forward to your F-35A, though.:)

Sundog
July 26th, 2010, 20:29
It's getting close, according to his blog. He just had another HD crash but the F-35A files are safe. He just needs to get the HD back up so he can make sure he has all of his beta testers credited and then it's ready to go. :)

Dino Cattaneo
July 26th, 2010, 23:30
@Sundog

Correct. But yesterday I've recovered the missing files from the old hard disk and I have compiled the final build (!).
Too bad I was unable to upload to SimMarket...I guess the ftp password I they gave me has expired - I'll try again this evening.

I will probably take few days to get the webpage approved - but it is finally VERY close to completion.

PS - In the meantime I've been working on both the T-45C and F-14 remakes. Both projects are looking very good IMHO. Once the F-35 is released, I'll see what to do first.
I will post some details on my blog soon.

XLR8
July 28th, 2010, 18:16
Thanks for the update Dino .

gradyhappyg
July 29th, 2010, 01:58
Well for those of us who have been looking forward to this newest Dino work of art like kids on Christmas.
Merry Christmas everyone it's now up at simmarket.
Unwrapping now.
http://secure.simmarket.com/dino-cattaneo-f-35-lightning-ii.phtml