PDA

View Full Version : 'Do You Really Need A High-End Camera Body?'

Panther_99FS
June 6th, 2010, 16:45
Her 'weapon of choice', Canon EOS 300D.....:)
--> http://www.flickr.com/photos/24544962@N05/

Kiwikat
June 6th, 2010, 17:16
For her styles and types of photography, she doesn't need a higher end body. She doesn't shoot birds in flight, airshows, sports, or anything fast-paced where higher FPS is desirable.

What she does shoot is very nicely done. Sometimes some of the colors are a little too saturated for my liking, but she obviously knows what she is doing. Thanks for sharing the link! :salute:

Moparmike
June 7th, 2010, 05:31
I agree...if you do still-life and landscape stuff, you don't need the baddest/fasted machine out there.
More MP is always nice but not always needed either...especially if you are just doing small prints or web posting. I'm still waiting to upgrade from 6.1MP but I still sneak a 20x30 out of the printer and it looks good enough for me. :)

She's got a good eye. That's probably the most important tool to have in your kit. Me...I get lucky every so often. :)

On many of those shots, I think they look good with the very rich color saturation but some, I would like a little less though too. It's all just preference of technique. I think that's one of the most fun parts...seeing a subject that several people shoot, and seeing it as they shot it or PP'd it. I think it's safe to say that 100% of the time the same subject will look different.