PDA

View Full Version : fsds

Crashwoody1
November 14th, 2008, 14:20
Hello all, I was looking on the Abacus site for fsds and cant find it any where.
Tom/Crashwoody

Oglivie
November 14th, 2008, 14:26
Hi Tom,

I was just there today and got a copy ordered from them. It is ver 3.5, but the info states it is compatable with ver 2 and 3.

(third row in the center)
http://www.abacuspub.com/default_fs.html

Regards,
O

PS. It took me a few tries to find it there!:icon_lol:

Jagdflieger
November 14th, 2008, 15:10
I understand that V 3 is not compatable with CFS 2, but that if you order V3, you can also get V2.24 with it. V2.24 works with CFS 2.

Oglivie
November 14th, 2008, 15:30
I understand that V 3 is not compatable with CFS 2, but that if you order V3, you can also get V2.24 with it. V2.24 works with CFS 2.

Thanks for the info Jagd!

Crashwoody1
November 14th, 2008, 16:13
Oh OK i found it..lol. I will buy it but use it apart from the version i have now. I have v2, an dit seems to work the best for cfs2 i have v1 .
Tom

Crashwoody1
November 14th, 2008, 16:15
I forgot to ask but what polie cap should i stick too, you know how simtech stuff was lots of detail. I was wondering about how many polies to keep it to or if it really matters any more.
Tom

Oglivie
November 14th, 2008, 16:37
I forgot to ask but what polie cap should i stick too, you know how simtech stuff was lots of detail. I was wondering about how many polies to keep it to or if it really matters any more.
Tom

Tom,

I am a newbie to FSDS and design. Sergio is sending me a weapons source file to work on for the P-61 project, that is why I bought the FSDS. I have been interested in design though for quite sometime. I'm sure someone would be able to help with the polie cap answer here.

Regards,
O

PS. I really enjoy the Simtech aircraft, their neat!

Tango_Romeo
November 14th, 2008, 19:47
....Jagd is correct. The last version of FSDS to be compatible with CFS2 is version 2.24. If you have a registered copy of v2 on your hard-drive, I can send you the updates to 2.2 and 2.24 that are no longer posted at Abacus.

On the other hand, if you purchase the new ver 3.5, you can either email or call Abacus to get a link to download the full version of 2.24 as a bonus. Several of the newer designers here have been through this process. :ernae:

Captain Tenneal
November 14th, 2008, 20:48
Tom

Tom,

for my experience in fsds building ships and such I ran into about a 25k poly cap, it would build the model but in-game it wouldn't be there like stealth or something wake but no ship :costumes: but I would just go till you hit a wall I guess!!